520 7 2-9 13:09
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PhasedSpaces
lvl.4
Flight distance : 185463 ft
United Kingdom

So,
It's 2024,  you're in the UK. NOT Europe & bound by CAA regulation.
You decide to buy the Mini 4 Pro drone...
Prior to 1st Jan 2024, if you bought the Mini 4, the DJI software aparrently gave you the option to OVERIDE the rubbish 120m altitude limit from the launch altitude, because in the UK, the CAA states that you can legally fly up to 120m above the CONTOUR of the surface of the earth...
Meaning that you could be in a valley, and providing you stay within 120m virtically from the ground below the drone, you could fly up the side of a hill or mountian. and whist still only having the ground below the drone being 120m or less, the drone might end up several hundred meters above its LAUNCH altitude...
However i'm hearing that from Jan 2024 onwards, the draconian EU rules override the CEE 120m surface contour rule & physically limit how high a UK drone can fly in the UK?
Is this the case and the EU is dictating itself over CAA rules, or if i buy a mini 4 now, Do DJI recognise that the Drone is in the UK, and STILL allow the setting of the 500m max altitude, like before?
What's the current accurate status of this?
Cheers
2-9 13:09
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

User Guide (caa.co.uk)
2-9 13:20
Use props
PhasedSpaces
lvl.4
United Kingdom

LV_Forestry Posted at 2-9 13:20
User Guide (caa.co.uk)

So, from  the link,  if you buy a new Mini 4 Now, instead of prior to the 31st Dec 2023, you'll basically be screwed and FORCED to keep below 120m from your takeoff point ..  As per EU regs, which will not seriously hinder landscape flight in hilly areas?
This basically sucks, and will create a Two Tier system of Drones prior to 2024 that WILL be able to fly more freely and the SAME make and model bought after Jan 2024 that will be crippled?
2-9 13:28
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

PhasedSpaces Posted at 2-9 13:28
So, from  the link,  if you buy a new Mini 4 Now, instead of prior to the 31st Dec 2023, you'll basically be screwed and FORCED to keep below 120m from your takeoff point ..  As per EU regs, which will not seriously hinder landscape flight in hilly areas?
This basically sucks, and will create a Two Tier system of Drones prior to 2024 that WILL be able to fly more freely and the SAME make and model bought after Jan 2024 that will be crippled?

https://youtu.be/OMTJdUWB730?si=MbdEWGdy5D5st8vt
2-9 13:40
Use props
PhasedSpaces
lvl.4
United Kingdom

LV_Forestry Posted at 2-9 13:40
https://youtu.be/OMTJdUWB730?si=MbdEWGdy5D5st8vt

This is confusing, i'm not interested in C1
I want to know if i buy the Mini 4 Pro in 2024, will i still be able to remove the C0 category and make it exempt (thus be able to fly as per CAA surface contour rules), which WOULD have been the case just several weeks ago before the new year..

All these rules are just more & more convoluted BS!
2-9 13:50
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

PhasedSpaces Posted at 2-9 13:50
This is confusing, i'm not interested in C1
I want to know if i buy the Mini 4 Pro in 2024, will i still be able to remove the C0 category and make it exempt (thus be able to fly as per CAA surface contour rules), which WOULD have been the case just several weeks ago before the new year..

Removing label is now not possible. Your only option is to apply for C1.
2-9 14:24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PhasedSpaces Posted at 2-9 13:28

In the UK the 120m limit is not applied,  but if you take the drone into Europe then the drone will change the max value to 120m.       The 120m AGL is of course still in effect here.  
2-10 03:51
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. The aircraft will identify the country and region where it is located according to the GPS and network operator of the mobile device or the controller and then switch between FCC, CE, and SRRC by local laws and regulations. Have a great day ahead.
2-12 02:20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules