Battery Update Failed
1264 3 2014-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jochasphoto61
lvl.1

United States

I purchased my first Phantom 2 Vision Plus. I had my first flight and everything went great. I downloaded Firmware updates Phantom 2 Vision + Software v3.6 and Phantom RC Assistant Software v1.1 (Mac DMG). I installed the software and upgraded the Phantom. All upgrades went well, except in the firmware window it say that my battery was not upgrade. I proceeded to upgrade my battery and everything seems to be going fine, then I got a pop-up stating this was not a Smart Battery. The battery now have LED 2 & 3 illuminated. After several attempts to power-down the battery (Phantom beeping) the battery finally cycled off. I removed the battery and did a battery level check and only LED Lights 2&3 were illuminated. I reinsert the battery, powered up and tried again and the things happened again. Now on my iPhone 6 display, it indicates invalid Battery. The dealer is replacing the battery for free. Question is, should I try again to update any of batteries and is the battery really update necessary.
Thanks
Donovan
2014-12-10
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

I'll avoid going into the whole history of the battery update fiasco (maybe when you're having trouble sleeping you can browse the forum for all the posts)

Now then, if you're really lucky you might be able to correct this with a simple fix.  In the Phantom battery compartment, make sure the 2 little push pins on the internal plug move freely and extend the full travel.  Make sure they are clean (a rubber eraser works well for this).  Next, make sure the battery is fully inserted in the battery compartment and try to run the update again.  If this doesn't work, well...  you've already got another battery coming.

By the way, if you ever use any third party batteries (made by Limeware, Onbo or others) DO NOT attempt the battery upgrade!  It will likely "brick" the battery.  One of the reasons DJI has this battery upgrade is to try and stop people from using other batteries.

2014-12-11
Use props
thomaskim558
lvl.3
Flight distance : 865177 ft
South Korea

I also got this problem but I kept update and it's finally worked
2014-12-11
Use props
Dboy
lvl.3

China

Hi, what's your new battery's loader and firmware version?
2014-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules