223 8 2-9 14:18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eric Bartolo
Captain
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

Can anyone explain these weird green artifacts all over this footage taken with the DJI Mavic 3?

Video Link -

Settings D-Log, 400 ISO , 1/320 Shutter , F10

Appreciate your help!

2-9 14:18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Eric, could you please upload the original video to Google Drive or Dropbox, then provide me with the download link? I'll download it for a check.
2-9 17:47
Use props
Eric Bartolo
Captain
  • >>>
Malta

DJI Susan Posted at 2-9 17:47
Hi Eric, could you please upload the original video to Google Drive or Dropbox, then provide me with the download link? I'll download it for a check.

Hi Susan,

Thank you for getting back to me.

You can download the original copies of the files as shot from the drone here - https://we.tl/t-iTUt0HDIey
I've also included the srt & lrf files as well.
These were shot in H.264 which should be better quality than H.265 and converted to via Handbreak on mac to H.265 lossless quality.

I look forward to hearing your feedback. Thank you.
2-10 13:51
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Eric Bartolo Posted at 2-10 13:51
Hi Susan,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Hi Eric, I downloaded the original videos you provided and checked them via 2 video players, all the original videos are fine, and we haven't found any green artifacts as you mentioned in your YouTube video.
It may be a video editing issue,  what video editing software are you using? You can try to contact their Support to see if there are any recommendations for this.
2-10 19:23
Use props
Eric Bartolo
Captain
  • >>>
Malta

DJI Susan Posted at 2-10 19:23
Hi Eric, I downloaded the original videos you provided and checked them via 2 video players, all the original videos are fine, and we haven't found any green artifacts as you mentioned in your YouTube video.
It may be a video editing issue,  what video editing software are you using? You can try to contact their Support to see if there are any recommendations for this.

Hi Susan, thank you for checking them out. Did you only watch the videos in log didn't try applying DJI's conversion lut from d-log to rec709 I think right? That is when the problem is happening as on log it is barely noticeable.
I'm using Davinci Resolve which I've been using for over 4 years now. Will try and contact support. Thank you.
2-12 00:50
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Eric Bartolo Posted at 2-12 00:50
Hi Susan, thank you for checking them out. Did you only watch the videos in log didn't try applying DJI's conversion lut from d-log to rec709 I think right? That is when the problem is happening as on log it is barely noticeable.
I'm using Davinci Resolve which I've been using for over 4 years now. Will try and contact support. Thank you.

Yes, I watched the videos in Log, thanks for your clarification, as the issue you mentioned, I'll forward it to the engineers for further checking and will keep you updated. Should you have any updates from Davinci, please let us know.
2-12 02:14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Eric Bartolo Posted at 2-12 00:50
Hi Susan, thank you for checking them out. Did you only watch the videos in log didn't try applying DJI's conversion lut from d-log to rec709 I think right? That is when the problem is happening as on log it is barely noticeable.

Hi Eric, we have applied the D-Log to Rec.709 LUT to your video through PR. We still haven't observed the issue you mentioned in the YouTube video. Everything seems normal. If possible, you can try PR as well.
2-13 01:52
Use props
Eric Bartolo
Captain
  • >>>
Malta

DJI Susan Posted at 2-13 01:52
Hi Eric, we have applied the D-Log to Rec.709 LUT to your video through PR. We still haven't observed the issue you mentioned in the YouTube video. Everything seems normal. If possible, you can try PR as well.

Thanks a lot for checking, it must be an issue when converting the files to H.265 then, converting to prores with a different app seemed to work fine and eliminated the issue. thank you Susan!
2-14 06:23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Eric Bartolo Posted at 2-14 06:23
Thanks a lot for checking, it must be an issue when converting the files to H.265 then, converting to prores with a different app seemed to work fine and eliminated the issue. thank you Susan!

It's our pleasure. Should there be any further questions, please feel free to contact us.
2-15 00:17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules