Avata bound to someone else's account
258 4 2-9 16:25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tim Martin
lvl.1

United States

Let me start off with yes, I did try to search this. But I must have been to specific, to vague, didn’t enter the right search… I say that because I found nothing.

I got a used Avata, and it came with goggles V2. I have flown it for a few weeks, and have been having a blast. I just saw a set of refurbished Goggles 2 listed on the DJI page. I thought they sounded cool, and I may not need my glasses, so I got them.

I linked them to the Avata and tried to focus them. If I just gently held them in place by hand I could make them focus. Once I tried to use the strap I can not get them to focus because they didn't sit perfect on my face. I can go to far one way, get close, and then it goes to far the other way. But I got them tolerable, even though disappointingly not perfect.

So I flew, and they said something wasn’t linked/attached/bound(?). It flew so I finished my flight, and tried to figure it out. Couldn’t figure it out so I flew again, and same message. So I did more searching and found it was the Avata was connected to a previous owners account. Not the guy who I purchased it from, but someone before him. He didn’t notice it because he is either lying or just never tried to attach it to his account. I talked to him quite a while before the purchase so he seems trustworthy, but who knows. We talked about his other quads, my quads, and how this wasn't really his style, so he seemed OK. I asked him, if it was bound to his account, and he said he knew nothing about that and never bound it to his account. He also hasn't been able to get in touch with the other guy, but hopefully he will come through.

I know the quad has to be bound to your account to get fly away insurance. I don’t really care about fly away insurance I guess, just don’t want to have issues  because it is not bound to my account. For instance when trying to unbind the goggles that came with it, and then bind my new goggles to it. I am afraid of unbinding the old goggles and never being able to bind anything to it because the Avata is not bound to my account.

Anyone have experience with this problem? Can I unbind the old goggles and rebind the new ones without issue. Or if I unbind I will not be able to rebind anything to the Avata?

2-9 16:25
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tim I know you mean well but the casual way in which you interchange the words bind, link, connect, and attached and all the variations of those words make it impossible for anyone to pinpoint your problem to give good advice.  not your fault because it is all very confusing and often doesn't make sense to the new flyer.  i cannot really tell exactly your problem because you have a lot going on but if i understand you correctly, you said your avata is the problem but you said the previous owner flew with no problem and you flew for couple of weeks no problem....so what's the problem, just keep flying?  you haven't been ignore any warning and you logged in with your dji account, right?  you should be able to switch googles as often as you want, no issues.  the avata with connect with 3 different types of dji goggles as often as you want no matter where you got them from or who they use to belong to.  the way they work is you fire up the drone and you fire up the goggles, connect them together, start flying.  hope that helps.
2-9 20:55
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Tim. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. After you link the DJI Avata to the DJI Goggles 2, open the DJI Fly app then check if you can change the bound device. You may check this link for the tutorial video https://terra-1-g.djicdn.com/eb2 ... f49bdd6168deb01.mp4 . If the issue persists, please provide us the serial number via PM. Please keep us posted.
2-9 21:43
Use props
djiuser_NCErcSvrjNow
lvl.1
Flight distance : 603862 ft

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-9 21:43
Hi Tim. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. After you link the DJI Avata to the DJI Goggles 2, open the DJI Fly app then check if you can change the bound device. You may check this link for the tutorial video https://terra-1-g.djicdn.com/eb222cbc4f4345e3a134199bab1f0894/e0893ba448ac485d8f49bdd6168deb01.mp4 . If the issue persists, please provide us the serial number via PM. Please keep us posted.
How do I send you a pm? Because I don’t see a button to send you one.

I tried to follow the directions in the link you sent, and I  keep being told, “not using bound device”.

When I click the Avata in the app, it says already bound to another account.
2-12 15:54
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_NCErcSvrjNow Posted at 2-12 15:54
How do I send you a pm? Because I don’t see a button to send you one.

I tried to follow the directions in the link you sent, and I  keep being told, “not using bound device”.

Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. Please know that if your aircraft is bound to another account, only the account holder can unbound this particular account. Therefore, it's recommended to contact your seller and inform him/her about the unbinding process. I hope this information helps.
2-14 01:18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules