osmo pocket 3 HD streaming
406 15 2-9 17:13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Superior Videos
lvl.3
Australia

This question is for the streamers.
Can someone explain to me the smooth setting when streaming in 1080.
When I set it to hd all the way, I am getting a lot of dropped frames and choppy video, so I went back to 720 and it was all good.
I couldn't cope with the fact that the pocket 3 could not stream in 1080 smoothly so I tried the smooth setting in 1080 and it is going well.
Why is this option there in the first place.
Is it a bitrate issue if the wifi isn't good enough.
Still getting my head around the changes between the pocket 2 and 3.
2-9 17:13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi there, sorry for replying late. Are you referring to the smoothness of the live broadcast? If so, the fluency is mainly affected by the upstream bandwidth of the network. If 720p is smooth while 1080p is not, could you please try increasing the upload speed and see if there is any improvement? Thank you.
2-15 00:46
Use props
Superior Videos
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-15 00:46
Hi there, sorry for replying late. Are you referring to the smoothness of the live broadcast? If so, the fluency is mainly affected by the upstream bandwidth of the network. If 720p is smooth while 1080p is not, could you please try increasing the upload speed and see if there is any improvement? Thank you.

Wouldn't it be great to be able to increase the upload speed.
My life would be so much less stressful. I can very rarely get above 10mb/s upload.
I was just wondering what the reason for the setting was. It seems to go ok set to 1080 smooth otherwise 720 with the HD setting works.
It's only when I try 1080 and HD that I get stuttery streaming. I'm still trying to work out all the issues with the camera.
Doug
2-15 00:59
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Superior Videos Posted at 2-15 00:59
Wouldn't it be great to be able to increase the upload speed.
My life would be so much less stressful. I can very rarely get above 10mb/s upload.
I was just wondering what the reason for the setting was. It seems to go ok set to 1080 smooth otherwise 720 with the HD setting works.

The resolution of 720p is 1280*720, which is 921,600 pixels. The resolution of 1080 is 1920*1080, which is 2.0736 million pixels. The pixels are 2.25 times that of 720p, which means that the bandwidth required is higher than that of 720p. If 720p is smooth but the 1080p live broadcast is stuck, it can be caused by insufficient uplink bandwidth of its network, because the live broadcast mainly depends on the upload speed. Besides, it is also related to the server of the live broadcast platform in your area.
2-15 01:17
Use props
Superior Videos
lvl.3
Australia

Yes I am aware of how it works. Streaming is my livelihood and I have been doing it for a few years now.
Unfortunately in our country, we are stuck with poor mobile wifi speeds.
I pay a lot to the telco to get the highest speeds but as mentioned , rarely gets above 10mb/s up
Thanks for your response.
Doug
2-15 01:28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Superior Videos Posted at 2-15 01:28
Yes I am aware of how it works. Streaming is my livelihood and I have been doing it for a few years now.
Unfortunately in our country, we are stuck with poor mobile wifi speeds.
I pay a lot to the telco to get the highest speeds but as mentioned , rarely gets above 10mb/s up

Hi Doug, I understand what you mean, and I'm sorry that I couldn't provide you with a satisfactory solution. I've searched about how to solve the problem of slow Wi-fi speed. Maybe you can try changing to a faster network service provider, using network speed optimization tools, optimizing network settings, etc. However because these are commonly searched methods on the Internet, we are not sure whether they are effective. Still hope it could help you.
2-15 03:52
Use props
Superior Videos
lvl.3
Australia

Thanks Wanda.
I guess the confusion was to do with the update with the mimo app.
The previous version had 720/1080 with 3000 and 6000 bitrates.
The current version calls it HD and Smooth.
I don't know why they had the need to change it. We all knew what the settings were before.
So I guess my original question was. "What does smooth represent"
I just keep trialing until I get the right result.
2-15 17:29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Superior Videos Posted at 2-15 17:29
Thanks Wanda.
I guess the confusion was to do with the update with the mimo app.
The previous version had 720/1080 with 3000 and 6000 bitrates.

We understand your feedback. HD refers to a higher bitrate to get clearer during streaming, which may require a good and stable internet connection.
Smooth refers to a relatively lower bitrate, it will be able to get smoother images during streaming.
There is an Auto option as well, which means HD and Smooth will be switched automatically based on the current internet quality. Hope this is informative for you.
2-16 04:32
Use props
Superior Videos
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2-16 04:32
We understand your feedback. HD refers to a higher bitrate to get clearer during streaming, which may require a good and stable internet connection.
Smooth refers to a relatively lower bitrate, it will be able to get smoother images during streaming.
There is an Auto option as well, which means HD and Smooth will be switched automatically based on the current internet quality. Hope this is informative for you.

Thanks Susan.
I gathered that was the case.
I do a lot of remote streaming where the wifi is fairly ordinary so it's a case of try it and hope it goes well..
2-16 14:21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Superior Videos Posted at 2-16 14:21
Thanks Susan.
I gathered that was the case.
I do a lot of remote streaming where the wifi is fairly ordinary so it's a case of try it and hope it goes well..

You are welcome and thank you for your understanding. Please feel free to ask if you have any further questions, we are glad to help.
2-16 22:13
Use props
Superior Videos
lvl.3
Australia

Hello again Susan.
Sorry to bring this up again.
I am at the point where I have had to go back to using my pocket 2 to get smooth streaming.
The pocket 3 is still freezing frames no matter what setting I use.
I never had any problems with the pocket 2 so I still think it is something for the engineers to look at.
I have got plenty of internet speed where I am testing so it is not a wifi issue.
I hope someone can look at this because it's too late for me to return the camera to dji.
Regards.
Doug
3-6 15:07
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Superior Videos Posted at 3-6 15:07
Hello again Susan.
Sorry to bring this up again.
I am at the point where I have had to go back to using my pocket 2 to get smooth streaming.

Hi there, may I confirm if you mean you've tested Pocket 2 and Pocket 3 with the same settings and under the same network, Pocket 2 is normal but Pocket 3 is frozen?
3-7 02:27
Use props
Superior Videos
lvl.3
Australia

Hi Mindy.
Yes, both are using the same settings.
When I say frozen, I mean the pocket 3 is dropping frames and short freezes in the video when there is a lot of movement.
I can set the pocket 2 to 1080  on both settings and it is always smooth video.
The pocket 3 even when set to 720 smooth is choppy.
I don't know if it's a hotspot issue because it sometimes improves when I change my hotspot but I can't rely on it which is why I have gone back to the pocket 2.
I will do some more testing in different locations with different hotspots.
3-7 02:42
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Superior Videos Posted at 3-7 02:42
Hi Mindy.
Yes, both are using the same settings.
When I say frozen, I mean the pocket 3 is dropping frames and short freezes in the video when there is a lot of movement.

To better rule out network problems, you can use the same Hotspot to test Pocket 2 and Pocket 3.
3-7 03:06
Use props
Superior Videos
lvl.3
Australia

The pocket 2 has always streamed with no problems with any of the hotspots so I know I can rely on that one so I will just keep testing the pocket 3 in different conditions.
I guess most people accept that live streaming isn't perfect but I was hoping the pocket 3 would be an improvement on the pocket 2. So far, it hasn't been that way.
I will keep you informed.
3-7 03:25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Superior Videos Posted at 3-7 03:25
The pocket 2 has always streamed with no problems with any of the hotspots so I know I can rely on that one so I will just keep testing the pocket 3 in different conditions.
I guess most people accept that live streaming isn't perfect but I was hoping the pocket 3 would be an improvement on the pocket 2. So far, it hasn't been that way.
I will keep you informed.

Thanks for the detailed information. We will wait for your update.
3-8 02:57
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules