455 6 2-9 18:17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
utkin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237733 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

It is not a secret that increased ISO is required to get max dynamic range when shooting Log. Camera manufacturers usually include the optimal ISO for every Log mode in the user manual. But I cant find that in Pocket 3 documentation.

Can someone suggest the optimal ISO value for D-log M in Pocket 3? Maybve @Support can dig something out?
2-9 18:17
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

@DJI Support can you reply?

I also found that in auto-ISO mode lower limit is always 50 meaning we cant set something 100-3200
2-11 18:47
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

I think same question asked and answered before here.
Can't find the thread but kinda remember the answer was lowest ISO as possible for optimized Log exposure.
Could remember wrong.
2-11 23:39
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1634843 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi, Be careful, it's not a true LOG profile, it's a D-Log : it's not 100% the same. The Native ISO depend of the sensor.
2-12 00:02
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. Let me check this with the relevant team. I will get back to this thread with an update. I appreciate your patience.
2-12 02:11
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Xavier1984 Posted at 2-12 00:02
Hi, Be careful, it's not a true LOG profile, it's a D-Log : it's not 100% the same. The Native ISO depend of the sensor.

Yes, it is not true Log so it is possible that elevated ISO won't help to maximize dynamic range.
I am not sure it is about native ISO though because for example for Canin R5 they recommend different optimal ISO for Cannon Log and Cannon Log3 for the same sensor.
2-12 05:18
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1634843 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

utkin Posted at 2-12 05:18
Yes, it is not true Log so it is possible that elevated ISO won't help to maximize dynamic range.
I am not sure it is about native ISO though because for example for Canin R5 they recommend different optimal ISO for Cannon Log and Cannon Log3 for the same sensor.

Yes, the native ISO depend on the sensor according to the profile. The Native ISO is generally higher than 100ISO. On R5 it's 400 if I remind well.
2-12 06:18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules