View/Transfer Recorded Videos From RC 2?
247 6 2-9 21:12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
generalZod
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1633921 ft

United States

Hi everyone, is there a way to move/copy recorded videos and photos from a microSD card inserted into the RC2 controller? I can view the media on the SD card under Aircraft Album but if I plug the RC2 into my computer via USB cable and try explore the contents I can only see the onboard storage, not the SD card. Do I just need to break down and get an SD card reader or is there a way to make this work?

Thanks!
2-9 21:12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there, generalZod. Thank you for reaching out Your media files are stored in the SD card inserted in the aircraft. You can refer to this link to be guided: https://support.dji.com/help/con ... p;re=US&lang=en. Have a great day ahead.
2-9 21:18
Use props
generalZod
lvl.2

United States

I guess I was hoping for a way to copy the card contents without having it inserted into the aircraft. Transferring large files via QuickTransfer still takes long enough even with optimal speed that I am uncomfortable with how hot it gets while sitting still. Essentially I want to use the RC2 as a microSD card reader, bypassing the need to proxy through the aircraft.
2-9 21:21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

generalZod Posted at 2-9 21:21
I guess I was hoping for a way to copy the card contents without having it inserted into the aircraft. Transferring large files via QuickTransfer still takes long enough even with optimal speed that I am uncomfortable with how hot it gets while sitting still. Essentially I want to use the RC2 as a microSD card reader, bypassing the need to proxy through the aircraft.

I was hoping for a way to copy the card contents without having it inserted into the aircraft.
The fastest and simplest way to transfer the image files from your drone is to buy a cheap usb-SD card adapter, pop the card, put it in the adapter and put that in your computer.
No need to turn the drone on and it's faster than other methods as well.
2-9 21:55
Use props
djiuser_kdN8AH35wwmQ
New
Malaysia

I have DJI mini 2 se and I only take non raw photo, can I use u1 SD card (kioxia exceria 32gb), since I take.photos only
2-9 22:05
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

generalZod Posted at 2-9 21:21

If you have a mini 4, then you can connect it to your computer without turning on the power. The drone will not heat up, but the drone will work as a card reader, you will see your card on the computer.
2-10 00:12
Use props
generalZod
lvl.2

United States

Thank you Serg SSA - that did the trick for me. I have a Mini 4 Pro (forgot to mention that in the original post, was up late) and I plugged it into my PC without powering on the aircraft - Voila! I can browse both the Mini4 internal card and the inserted microSD.

Thanks!!!!
2-10 06:41
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules