Summer Roadtrip memories - Broch of Gurness...
210 15 2-9 23:50
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Albion Drones
First Officer
Flight distance : 2605597 ft
United Kingdom

As we wake on cold and frosty day - and a busy one as we have a demo day at Axminster tools to attend - my ever aging bones need something to remember the warmth of the sun, so a short relaxing video from our midsummer trip to orkeny is I think the order o the day...

For such an amazing place - with so many neolithic remains - Orkney also has much history from other periods, there are lots of sites from the conflicts of the 20th Century, and form the times that the Isles were a part of Scandinavia, but today we shall look at the Iron Age, and the amazing Broch of Gurness...

It was blowing a hoolie the evening we flew this, but the MINI3 Pro coped magnisficently... I am happy with this video, despite somewhat limited footage due to the wind... Perhaps my favourite bit is the random guy who lights his cigarette and then looks up and waves at the drone that is rising in a panning top down shot above him, it adds a human touch to the video that was unexpected but very welcome...

2-9 23:50
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ah,   my favourite tool shop.     Sadly being so far away most of my orders are online.    What was the demo?
2-10 03:20
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-10 03:20
Ah,   my favourite tool shop.     Sadly being so far away most of my orders are online.    What was the demo?

Hehe, not a tool shop, tis a toy shop, or so my husband says

It was a big brand roadshow, so Tormek, Arbortech, Sjöbergs, Flexcut, and Veritas, plus a ful complement of the normal staff who ave lots of info and experience too... Was good, hubby is thinking of a new bench, so we have to go and measure the space to see if it will fit...
2-10 05:52
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

What an amazing place to fly.  The aerial shots of the Broch are very revealing.    Great job on this video.  
2-10 07:18
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-10 07:18
What an amazing place to fly.  The aerial shots of the Broch are very revealing.    Great job on this video.

Thank you kindly... It is definitely a must see place on Orkney...
2-10 07:33
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 2-10 07:33
Thank you kindly... It is definitely a must see place on Orkney...

It's my pleasure.  

No doubt a "must see" location.  

Hope you are having a great weekend.
2-10 08:21
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-10 08:21
It's my pleasure.  

No doubt a "must see" location.  

First day of a week off work, so toy shop today with hubby for a fdemo day at the woodworker shop, then some work in the woodshop, sorting the badnsaw out... Planned out a new shed lean to extension for his dust extractor and to hold some of his wood stores..
Now eating a home cooked chinese meal for Lunar New Year - Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup for starters - home made - then Dim Sum - bought frozen and now cooked - and then homemade chicken and mushroom stir fry! Yum..
2-10 11:18
Use props
Codgerzh2
First Officer
Flight distance : 15567024 ft
United Kingdom

Looks a well looked after site you’ve captured it really well
2-10 17:18
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Codgerzh2 Posted at 2-10 17:18
Looks a well looked after site you’ve captured it really well

Thank you
2-10 23:27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Albion Drones Posted at 2-10 05:52
Hehe, not a tool shop, tis a toy shop, or so my husband says

It was a big brand roadshow, so Tormek, Arbortech, Sjöbergs, Flexcut, and Veritas, plus a ful complement of the normal staff who ave lots of info and experience too... Was good, hubby is thinking of a new bench, so we have to go and measure the space to see if it will fit...

Tell him to save the money and build his own bench and then you can have the fpv controller.  
2-11 00:07
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's pretty well filmed. What an extensive ruin.  That poor guy - he'd only popped in to shelter from the wind to light his fag, and there's you spying on him
2-11 00:11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 2-10 11:18
First day of a week off work, so toy shop today with hubby for a fdemo day at the woodworker shop, then some work in the woodshop, sorting the badnsaw out... Planned out a new shed lean to extension for his dust extractor and to hold some of his wood stores..
Now eating a home cooked chinese meal for Lunar New Year - Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup for starters - home made - then Dim Sum - bought frozen and now cooked - and then homemade chicken and mushroom stir fry! Yum..

Busy weekend for sure.  Before I bought my mini-yacht and moved onboard I had a nice woodshop at my land house.  I tried several different dust systems before I found one that really, really worked well.  A bit expensive but worth it to have clean lungs.  I kind of miss the woodshop but we moved all the equipment to my son's house and he lets me use it when I get the itch to make something.  He built an addition to the house and added plenty of space for a nice woodshop.  

Unfortunately, I didn't celebrate the Lunar New Year with a traditional chinese meal.  I did whip up a roadkill grill.  

2-11 13:25
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3230748 ft

United States

It's amazing that these sites still stand the test of time. Are folks allowed to fly over places like Stonehenge or other historic sites. Here in the US, National and State parks are off limits.
Thanks for another classy video.
2-11 13:49
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Cacike47 Posted at 2-11 13:49
It's amazing that these sites still stand the test of time. Are folks allowed to fly over places like Stonehenge or other historic sites. Here in the US, National and State parks are off limits.
Thanks for another classy video.

Thanks... Stonehenge is right at the edge of a military FRZ, so can be flown, but not overhead
2-11 14:12
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3230748 ft

United States

Albion Drones Posted at 2-11 14:12
Thanks... Stonehenge is right at the edge of a military FRZ, so can be flown, but not overhead

That's cool, at least it can be visited and recorded at low altitude. Thanks for the 411.
2-12 07:58
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video
3-4 09:06
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now