391 9 2-10 04:30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_10IWhRZX2Fpn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 362887 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,
Recently I've been trying to get the exact weight of my Mini 4 Pro.  I actually bought two digital scales. A reasonably cheap one (although still pretty good) and a more expensive one. I also bought some F1 grade weights so I can check how accurate the scales are.
My drone has a standard battery, standard props etc..  but I always get a result over 249g (usually 249.4 or 249.5).
There's an Sd-Card in, but that barely makes a difference.
I know it's still less than 250g, and the exact weight can vary from drone to drone.. but it is supposed to be no more than 249g according to DJI.
Any ideas?

Incidentally, my Mini 3 Pro weighs in at 247.2/247.3g

Thank you
Steve
2-10 04:30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Why quibble about half a gram?
It's not like it makes any difference.
2-10 05:46
Use props
djiuser_10IWhRZX2Fpn
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 2-10 05:46
Why quibble about half a gram?
It's not like it makes any difference.

With the rules stating that it must be less than 250g (249.9 or below) and I intend on using filters but there’s clearly not much room for maneuver.
I originally wanted to stick some reflective tape on it as others have done.. but just a little tape takes it over 250g.
I know when you fit a filter, you must first remove the lens cover, but it’ll still be close, if not over 250g
Dji themselves say it should be less than 249g.. but mine is over.
I’m curious to know if others are the same.
———

Edit: with the lens cover removed I'm getting 248.8g
My filters have just arrived. With one on, the drone weight 249.7g  still legal, but close
2-10 06:28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_10IWhRZX2Fpn Posted at 2-10 06:28
With the rules stating that it must be less than 250g (249.9 or below) and I intend on using filters but there’s clearly not much room for maneuver.
I originally wanted to stick some reflective tape on it as others have done.. but just a little tape takes it over 250g.
I know when you fit a filter, you must first remove the lens cover, but it’ll still be close, if not over 250g

Relax .. No-one is ever going to put your drone on a set of precision scales, let alone bother about +/- 2 grams.
2-10 12:34
Use props
djiuser_10IWhRZX2Fpn
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 2-10 12:34
Relax .. No-one is ever going to put your drone on a set of precision scales, let alone bother about +/- 2 grams.

You’re probably right, but I’d prefer to stay under 250g

Thanks
Steve
2-10 12:49
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. Please know that the aircraft has a take-off weight of ‌< 249g.  The actual product weight may vary due to differences in batch materials and external factors. Training or examination is not required for flying this product in most countries and regions. Always check local laws and regulations before use. ‌With the Intelligent Flight Battery Plus*, the aircraft will weigh more than 249 g. Always check and strictly abide by local laws and regulations before flying. I hope this information helps. Thank you for your support.
2-12 03:28
Use props
djiuser_10IWhRZX2Fpn
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-12 03:28
Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. Please know that the aircraft has a take-off weight of ‌< 249g.  The actual product weight may vary due to differences in batch materials and external factors. Training or examination is not required for flying this product in most countries and regions. Always check local laws and regulations before use. ‌With the Intelligent Flight Battery Plus*, the aircraft will weigh more than 249 g. Always check and strictly abide by local laws and regulations before flying. I hope this information helps. Thank you for your support.

Thank you for your standard reply.
2-12 03:36
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_10IWhRZX2Fpn Posted at 2-12 03:36
Thank you for your standard reply.

You're most welcome. Please feel free to reach us anytime.
2-21 21:26
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Pretty sure the regular Freewell ND's don't really weigh any more than the lense cover. The NDPL and CPL ones do.
There's likely more chance that aliens will beam it up, than someone of any consequence weighing it. It has 249 written in big numbers across the bottom of the battery
2-21 21:47
Use props
djiuser_10IWhRZX2Fpn
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Manitobahunter Posted at 2-21 21:47
Pretty sure the regular Freewell ND's don't really weigh any more than the lense cover. The NDPL and CPL ones do.
There's likely more chance that aliens will beam it up, than someone of any consequence weighing it. It has 249 written in big numbers across the bottom of the battery

Thank you .
I’ve bought the large Freewell set. The drone is still under 250g, but only just
Thanks again
Steve
2-22 00:45
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules