Fell in water
444 5 2-10 18:54
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SurveyorDJI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1630935 ft
United States

My Mini 3 fell in a puddle and was not recording at the time. It stopped flying after that. It is being dried. What next?
2-10 18:54
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, SurveyorDJI. We suggest sending the aircraft back to DJI for your flight safety. You can submit a repair request on the DJI official website or by using this link: https://repair.dji.com/. The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. We appreciate your understanding.
2-10 19:09
Use props
SurveyorDJI
lvl.3
United States

Okay. Battery removed. Vehicle was in water for about 5 seconds.
2-10 19:19
Use props
SurveyorDJI
lvl.3
United States

Any tips if attempting to dry it?
2-10 19:21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Put it in a cooling down oven, but make sure its not too hot, less than 50C, or put it in an airing cupboard, somewhere there's a hot water tank. The battery its probably toast, they are cheap enough so bin it, chuck it in a bucket of water for a few days 1st though.

FYI, i put my Phantom 4 Pro in a cooling down oven and then 24hrs in my hot water tank cupboard, this was around 4 years ago i think, it still flies to this day battery was toast mind, £190 up the swanny, or down the field drainage channel as was the case lol

The key part is to leave it long enough to dry out fully else you could make matters worse. Note, the warranty will be void now as the litmus paper sticker inside will have turned red

If it was salt water then forget it!
2-10 23:28
Use props
SurveyorDJI
lvl.3
United States

Uh, it was rainwater
2-11 12:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now