djii mini 2 se
425 17 2-11 02:06
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jpenney1996
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24324 ft
United Kingdom

hi everyone im just looking for some help i have searched the internet to try and identify the problem watched all the begginer flying tutorial and also read the user manual for the drone to no avail i still have a issue i have only just purchased the dji mini 2 se a week ago and when flying the drone will not go past 120m dispite been set to 200m in the dji fly app i get a message saying the 200m is outside of the legal flying altitude (120m) and i need to agree i have done this set it to 200m yet still when the drone flys up its stops at 120m regardless of the limit been set higher i have tryed going to the full 500m in the app and it still stops at 120m and says maximum altitude reached im fully aware the legal limit is 120m and for my local area that is more than enought however i do a lot of walking up moutains and would like to fly the drone up so the 500m limit would be nice to have or am i going to have to buy a diffrent drone im useing the rcn1 controler with a iphone 13 pro i have put the current firmwear and versions below thanks for any help if any more info is needed please ask
Aircraft Firmware
Updates
RC Firmware
App Version

FlySafe Data

App Static Safety Data
Aircraft Static Safety Data

2-11 02:06
Use props
jpenney1996
lvl.1
United Kingdom

2-11 02:07
Use props
jpenney1996
lvl.1
United Kingdom

2-11 02:08
Use props
jpenney1996
lvl.1
United Kingdom

2-11 02:08
Use props
jpenney1996
lvl.1
United Kingdom

2-11 02:09
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Please use sentences, punctuation and paragraphs.
It makes things so much easier to understand.
I know of no reason why, with the settings you show,  the drone should refuse to break the 120 ceiling. But I have to point out that your RTH setting, of 155m, will lead to your drone ending up at an illegal height over the home point during a successful RTH.
Personally I suggest you set the height limit and RTH height limit afresh with every change of location.

I would also suggest that you check whether or not you can reduce the drone's height ( by closing the throttle ) whilst the drone is actually RTH'ing and, if you can, that this DOES NOT cancel the RTH.

In addition be aware that

a) wind strength may be much greater at height.
b) Climbing to and descending from 500m, consumes a fair amount of battery power and forced land battery percentages depend on the drone's height.
c) Height will also influence the low battery RTH threshold.

2-11 06:46
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. This measure has been introduced by the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) to allow safe flight operations for drones weighing less than 250 grams. Please refer to this link; https://viewpoints.dji.com/blog/dji-mini-series-altitude-limit-eu. I have also replied to your other thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-307405-1-1.html. Have a great day ahead.
2-12 02:43
Use props
jpenney1996
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-11 06:46
Please use sentences, punctuation and paragraphs.
It makes things so much easier to understand.
I know of no reason why, with the settings you show,  the drone should refuse to break the 120 ceiling. But I have to point out that your RTH setting, of 155m, will lead to your drone ending up at an illegal height over the home point during a successful RTH.

thank you for your advice i spoke  to dji customer service and they advised me it was the eu restriction causeing it in the end and they are looking to release  an update in the upcomming few months to remove it but thank you for your help
2-12 11:43
Use props
jpenney1996
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 2-12 03:35
The answer to your question is right in the screen shot...

"Max altitude of the current country or region reached (120 m)".

my friend has the mini 3 pro and has taken off net to me and still whent past 120m even with getting that message outherwise i would have agreed and said that was the issue but thank you for your help
2-12 11:45
Use props
jpenney1996
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2-12 02:43
Hi there. This measure has been introduced by the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) to allow safe flight operations for drones weighing less than 250 grams. Please refer to this link; https://viewpoints.dji.com/blog/dji-mini-series-altitude-limit-eu. I have also replied to your other thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-307405-1-1.html. Have a great day ahead.

hi tony thank you for clearing this up will the restriction be removed as it is a eu restriction witch the uk are no longer apart of thanks
2-12 11:47
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jpenney1996 Posted at 2-12 11:43
thank you for your advice i spoke  to dji customer service and they advised me it was the eu restriction causeing it in the end and they are looking to release  an update in the upcomming few months to remove it but thank you for your help

You might post this on the mavicpilots forum,
https://mavicpilots.com/forums/general-discussions.3/
this is the first time I have noticed mention of a mini 2 SE being restricted in the UK.
2-12 12:53
Use props
jpenney1996
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-12 12:53
You might post this on the mavicpilots forum,
https://mavicpilots.com/forums/general-discussions.3/
this is the first time I have noticed mention of a mini 2 SE being restricted in the UK.

okay thanks mate i will put a post up there and see it just seems strange that dji say its restriced yet it will dtill let me select the 500m value would assume they would have the slider limited to 120m if that was the case but again thank you for your help much appreciated
2-12 12:58
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

just out of curiosity have you tried to break 120m in multiple widely separated places I am just wondering if you have been trying underneath a local restriction the symptoms remind me of a flight where the pilot had launched under an air corridor their maximum achievable height was lower than the set height and the RTH height was also higher then the maximum achievable height
2-12 13:06
Use props
jpenney1996
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-12 13:06
just out of curiosity have you tried to break 120m in multiple widely separated places I am just wondering if you have been trying underneath a local restriction the symptoms remind me of a flight where the pilot had launched under an air corridor their maximum achievable height was lower than the set height and the RTH height was also higher then the maximum achievable height

i have tryed diffrent loctaions but its the same i did check the dji map for restricted flight areas and everywhere iv been has been clear of them but my friend has launched his mini 3 pro right next to me and had no issues going past
120m however as metioned by someone else  above his is compleatly  diffrent  firmwear than mine yet according to dji all the mini series have been restricted witch isent the case so it seems. i have posted on the forum you recomended so maybe get a bit of luck there but thank you for trying to help me solve this yove been a great help mate
2-12 13:26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

jpenney1996 Posted at 2-12 11:47
hi tony thank you for clearing this up will the restriction be removed as it is a eu restriction witch the uk are no longer apart of thanks

Let me confirm this with a relevant team. I will be back with an update. I appreciate your patience.
2-13 01:03
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

jpenney1996 Posted at 2-12 11:47

Hi, Thank you for patiently waiting. This is a known issue and our corresponding team is already working on it and it should be fixed with the future firmware that will be released later this month. We thank you for your understanding.
2-13 20:46
Use props
jpenney1996
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2-13 20:46
Hi, Thank you for patiently waiting. This is a known issue and our corresponding team is already working on it and it should be fixed with the future firmware that will be released later this month. We thank you for your understanding.

thats great thank you for your help tony thats much appreciated
2-13 23:42
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

jpenney1996 Posted at 2-13 23:42
thats great thank you for your help tony thats much appreciated

I'm more than glad to assist. You can always reach us in case you have further concerns. Have a great day ahead.
2-14 00:37
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules