account bound
207 15 2-11 05:15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brad Samuels
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi just bought a drone (mini 3 pro) off of ebay, logged out of original owners account and logged into my own not realising I should have unbound drone from their account first

I've contacted owner and they've said they unbound it, but it still shows as bound, what gives?

edit: he said he's unbound the device AND deleted the account, so I can't login with his details either
2-11 05:15
Use props
Brad Samuels
lvl.2

United Kingdom

thanks for replies in advance*
2-11 05:18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you connected the controller/App and or phone/App to the internet.

In order for the unbinding to be made known to the equipment, the equipment needs to be connected to the internet.
2-11 06:41
Use props
Brad Samuels
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-11 06:41
Have you connected the controller/App and or phone/App to the internet.

In order for the unbinding to be made known to the equipment, the equipment needs to be connected to the internet.

Thanks for the reply, yes I have
2-11 13:54
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Brad Samuels Posted at 2-11 13:54
Thanks for the reply, yes I have

Well that's a pity.
2-11 13:56
Use props
Brad Samuels
lvl.2

United Kingdom

very strange, I'd rather not send it back, it was quite a good price off a reputable seller. Hopefully it's just a weekend delay in the ol' DJI servers..
2-11 13:58
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you are thinking of returning it just ensure that you comply with eBay time limits.
2-12 01:30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will coordinate this concern of yours to our relevant team for attention. We will contact you either via PM for the details we need to proceed with the process. We appreciate your understanding.
2-12 01:34
Use props
Brad Samuels
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-12 01:34
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will coordinate this concern of yours to our relevant team for attention. We will contact you either via PM for the details we need to proceed with the process. We appreciate your understanding.

thanks a lot!
2-12 02:16
Use props
Brad Samuels
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-12 01:30
If you are thinking of returning it just ensure that you comply with eBay time limits.

yes this is the main problem I have, making sure I CAN return it lol, thanks a lot
2-12 02:17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

You are most welcome. Should you have further inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a good one.
2-15 01:26
Use props
Brad Samuels
lvl.2

United Kingdom

All sorted, many thanks for your help
2-20 08:58
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Brad Samuels Posted at 2-20 08:58
All sorted, many thanks for your help

PLease explain what happened, it may help others in the future.
2-20 13:59
Use props
Brad Samuels
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I received the drone, logged out of the original owners account BEFORE unbinding the drone, original owner had to email DJI to remove his account as he had DELETED it :O
2-21 09:52
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Brad Samuels Posted at 2-21 09:52
I received the drone, logged out of the original owners account BEFORE unbinding the drone, original owner had to email DJI to remove his account as he had DELETED it :O

So ...... the important bit appears to be that DJI removed the binding once the seller had emailed them ..... would that be your interpretation ?
2-21 10:54
Use props
Brad Samuels
lvl.2

United Kingdom

yes, the problem is that the original seller deleted their DJI account before it was unbound, thankfully resolved by them contacting DJI though
2-22 23:42
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules