1395 22 2-11 07:35
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
caganimo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1414252 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

After  flying my drone for the first time (It happened a lot more often in  normal mode) the camera starts acting jerky, shaking up and down, left  and right and then fixed itself in the center and I see gimbal stuck  error message on the screen. It repeats itself after every couple of  seconds.

Sometimes it happens on  its own when the drone stays on on the ground after a while. The gimbal  twitches and I see all sorts of gimbal related error messages on the RC2  Pro controller. Here's a video of it happening on the ground: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qQJ9b9tSrVTVqkjy7

This  is a brand new drone, just unboxed and this happened. I  tried calibrating my gimbal. When I try to calibrate it, the gimbal  goes left & right but it stops right before it tries to go down and  stays fixed at center position. Then I get notification calibration  completed.

I also tried resetting everyting but error still persists.

The drone runs on latest firmware.

The  weird thing is, manual control of the gimbal works flawless. I can  bring it up and down, left and right, vertical or horizontal. Also when  it's not twitching, I can move the drone around with my hand and the  gimbal counteracts to my movements just fine in all directions and  stabilizes footage.

What could be the source of this error?

2-11 07:35
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is it possible that you've missed the small shipping protection tab in the gimbal housing and it's slipped back where you can't see it, and it's causing a problem?
2-11 09:25
Use props
caganimo
lvl.1
  • >>>
Turkey

Gulfstream Posted at 2-11 09:25
Is it possible that you've missed the small shipping protection tab in the gimbal housing and it's slipped back where you can't see it, and it's causing a problem?
I just checked and joints of gimbal axis' look just fine. No tabs. Also, don't you think gimbal wouldn't move manually if this was the case? It even moves just fine automatically on its own when I shake it on the ground. And also keeps flying just fine for a while, moving up, down, left, right.

It's just sometimes starts in this glitchy mode or it starts normally but starts glitching on air afterwards.
2-11 09:33
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're right. I had missed the video link above - and just watched. I think it needs to be returned for a replacement if you purchased at a retail location, or sent to DJI for service / replacement.
2-11 09:42
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Looks like its just having a look around checking out its new home Try using the DJI assist 2 to refresh your software, worth a go anyway, and if that doesn't do anything off she goes...
2-11 18:55
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for this inconvenience. Since you already performed the Gimbal calibration and still the issue persists, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for proper diagnostics. You may contact our team at  https://www.dji.com/support to see the best option for you to send the unit in for further diagnostics. Please note that the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of the unit. We appreciate your understanding.
2-12 01:10
Use props
caganimo
lvl.1
  • >>>
Turkey

Update: PTZ cable of the gimbal was broken and had to be replaced. Since the drone was not covered in warranty in my country (I purchased it from another country). I had to pay for the new cable and the repair costs.

I'd expect much better QA from DJI to be honest. Brand new drone, right out of the box and the cable is broken. Not good.
2-21 07:57
Use props
djiuser_PxP2FvJNOg1u
lvl.1
Flight distance : 174954 ft
India

Thank you for letting know, i m facing the same issue..
3-19 21:24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_PxP2FvJNOg1u Posted at 3-19 21:24
Thank you for letting know, i m facing the same issue..

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. If you see a "Gimbal Stuck" warning in the DJI Fly app, accompanied by error code 40002, it means that the gimbal may be obstructed by debris. This can happen if the aircraft was powered on when it was folded, or if the gimbal protector was not removed. To fix this, you should check if there is any debris on the gimbal and clean it off. After that, restart the aircraft and calibrate the gimbal.
If you don't find any debris, you can try powering off the aircraft and manually moving the gimbal in every angle to check for obstructions. If you find any debris, remove it and then power on the aircraft and calibrate the gimbal.
If these steps don't work, you can also try removing the microSD card from the aircraft, powering it on, and then calibrating the gimbal.
Please keep us posted if you have further concerns. Have a nice day ahead.
3-19 22:08
Use props
Premsai
lvl.1
India

DJI Tony Posted at 3-19 22:08
Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. If you see a "Gimbal Stuck" warning in the DJI Fly app, accompanied by error code 40002, it means that the gimbal may be obstructed by debris. This can happen if the aircraft was powered on when it was folded, or if the gimbal protector was not removed. To fix this, you should check if there is any debris on the gimbal and clean it off. After that, restart the aircraft and calibrate the gimbal.
If you don't find any debris, you can try powering off the aircraft and manually moving the gimbal in every angle to check for obstructions. If you find any debris, remove it and then power on the aircraft and calibrate the gimbal.
If these steps don't work, you can also try removing the microSD card from the aircraft, powering it on, and then calibrating the gimbal.

Hi, thank you for your reply. 
Sure, I have checked for the debris and not found any of it. Also, I never powered on the drone in the folded position or with the gimbal protector. I tried moving the gimbal manually at every angle. and also calibrate it many times.
When I perform the spotlight function by selecting the subject, while performing in the middle of it, my gimbal starts shaking and gets loose. I kept getting messages like "Gimbal stuck,"  "Gimbal error," and "Gimbal motor overloaded." After landing the drone safely again, the gimbal starts working normally. This is happening consistently during the flight.
Also, my drone is new; it's only been 27 days since activation. and I'm getting these messages from the beginning of the day.
So, please tell me what I should do..
3-23 01:53
Use props
ianzaft73
lvl.1

Philippines

Premsai Posted at 3-23 01:53
Sure, I have checked for the debris and not found any of it. Also, I never powered on the drone in the folded position or with the gimbal protector. I tried moving the gimbal manually at every angle. and also calibrate it many times.
When I perform the spotlight function by selecting the subject, while performing in the middle of it, my gimbal starts shaking and gets loose. I kept getting messages like "Gimbal stuck,"  "Gimbal error," and "Gimbal motor overloaded." After landing the drone safely again, the gimbal starts working normally. This is happening consistently during the flight.

my 1 month old 3 pro crashed from a tree then fall down. I send for repair and the aircraft is working again. but when I tilting up the gimbal + forward button it will say gimbal stuck, gimbal overload and then it will work normally again.
3-23 02:12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Premsai Posted at 3-23 01:53
Sure, I have checked for the debris and not found any of it. Also, I never powered on the drone in the folded position or with the gimbal protector. I tried moving the gimbal manually at every angle. and also calibrate it many times.

Hi. Thank you for the update. Please try the procedures below. Feel free to skip steps already tried:
1. If the issue only occurs in Sport mode, please note that the aircraft's attitude angle of inclination in Sport mode is larger than in other modes. When you push the stick too hard and the aircraft movement angle exceeds the gimbal's adjustment limit, it can cause the gimbal motor to overload. This is normal, so try to push the stick more gently.
2. If the issue occurs in non-Sport modes, follow these steps:
a) Check if you have any additional accessories, such as a filter, mounted on the gimbal and camera. If you do, remove them and attach the original lens to the gimbal and camera. See if the issue has been resolved.
b) Ensure that there are no additional accessories attached to the gimbal and camera. Then, go to the app's [Gimbal Settings] and perform [Gimbal Auto Calibration].
c) If the issue persists after calibration, connect your drone to DJI Assistant 2 and refresh the firmware.
If the issue persists, if you are located in India, I'm afraid you need to contact the seller since there are no DJI Authorized Retail Stores in India to sell drones or repair them. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
3-23 03:49
Use props
Premsai
lvl.1
India

DJI Tony Posted at 3-23 03:49
Hi. Thank you for the update. Please try the procedures below. Feel free to skip steps already tried:
1. If the issue only occurs in Sport mode, please note that the aircraft's attitude angle of inclination in Sport mode is larger than in other modes. When you push the stick too hard and the aircraft movement angle exceeds the gimbal's adjustment limit, it can cause the gimbal motor to overload. This is normal, so try to push the stick more gently.

Hello, Thank you for your reply.
Sure, the issue is persisting in normal mode. and no additional accessories or filters are attached to the camera. and I also updated and refershed the firmware. but the problem still persists.
I have purchased my Mini 4 drone on Amazon UK. I'm going back to the UK within 2 days.
So will you please guide me accordingly..
3-25 02:42
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Premsai Posted at 3-25 02:42
Hello, Thank you for your reply.
Sure, the issue is persisting in normal mode. and no additional accessories or filters are attached to the camera. and I also updated and refershed the firmware. but the problem still persists.
I have purchased my Mini 4 drone on Amazon UK. I'm going back to the UK within 2 days.

Hi, Premsai. Sure. You can submit a repair request here (https://www.dji.com/global/support). The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. Please feel free to keep us posted if you have further concerns. Have a nice day.
3-25 03:17
Use props
Premsai
lvl.1
India

Sure, I will follow the link.
Thank you for your help..
3-25 06:11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Premsai Posted at 3-25 06:11
Sure, I will follow the link.
Thank you for your help..

You are most welcome. Please let us know if you need further assistance. Have a great day ahead.
3-26 00:01
Use props
ianzaft73
lvl.1

Philippines

did you fix it? how did you do it?
4-6 06:43
Use props
caganimo
lvl.1
  • >>>
Turkey

Unfortunately this problem continued and wasted a lot of time and money. I'm very disappointed in my overall Mini 4 Pro experience. The official DJI service in Türkiye told me that PTZ cable is broken and has to change and charged me some hefty money. I accepted the repair and at first the problem seemed to have gone but after flying more often it continued happening again. Every now and then the gimbal kept shaking and I saw gimbal overload/stuck message on the screen. It ruined my shots.

I returned the drone to service and the guy said he couldn't reproduce the error and advised me to replace gimbal. Overall it cost me 1/4 of drone's price to replace the gimbal.  I think this will be my last DJI product.

The fact that this happened right out of box and without any crashes is very annoying.

As I said, since it was bought out of Turkey, the warranty is not valid here...

4-6 07:00
Use props
fans2656c0a3
New

Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 3-23 03:49
1. If the issue only occurs in Sport mode, please note that the aircraft's attitude angle of inclination in Sport mode is larger than in other modes. When you push the stick too hard and the aircraft movement angle exceeds the gimbal's adjustment limit, it can cause the gimbal motor to overload. This is normal, so try to push the stick more gently.

Hi
I just bought a DJI Mini 4 Pro
And I am also having this exact same issue right outta the box on first flight.  
Tried all the possible fixes and it still gives the same 3 errors.
It has all the current updates which it required me to do prior to first flying it.
Is there any bulletins in regards to this problem that others around the internet are also having
4-23 15:09
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans2656c0a3 Posted at 4-23 15:09
Hi
I just bought a DJI Mini 4 Pro
And I am also having this exact same issue right outta the box on first flight.  

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. May I know the exact error message or code are you getting? I appreciate your patience.
4-23 22:16
Use props
fans2656c0a3
New

Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 4-23 22:16
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. May I know the exact error message or code are you getting? I appreciate your patience.

4-24 18:44
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Please check the notes below and try following the procedures on the reply 12#:
• Please check whether the gimbal protector or the gimbal buckle has been removed before powering on the aircraft. If the gimbal motor is overloaded for this reason, please remove the gimbal protector or the gimbal buckle and then power on the aircraft again.
• If an aircraft is powered on when it is placed on an uneven surface or when a foreign object has jammed the gimbal, the gimbal motor may become overloaded.
• For Mavic series aircraft, please unfold the frame arm before powering on the aircraft to prevent the propellers on the rear aircraft arm from obstructing and jamming the gimbal.
• Remove the aircraft’s microSD card.
Please keep us posted. We appreciate your patience.
yesterday 03:49
Use props
fans2656c0a3
New

Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 4-27 03:49
Hi there. Please check the notes below and try following the procedures on the reply 12#:
• Please check whether the gimbal protector or the gimbal buckle has been removed before powering on the aircraft. If the gimbal motor is overloaded for this reason, please remove the gimbal protector or the gimbal buckle and then power on the aircraft again.
• If an aircraft is powered on when it is placed on an uneven surface or when a foreign object has jammed the gimbal, the gimbal motor may become overloaded.

Thanx for the reply

Yes I tried all those trouble shooting procedures that same day.
Non helped.
Each time I flew the drone it would get those errors after a few minutes of flight almost like clockwork for the same amount of time in the air I would get the errors.  
Recalibration and back in the air and 3-4mins into the flight sure enough the errors arrive and the drone acts erratic.
It is now back in DJI service/repair hands
5 hours ago
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules