Get an EASA Class 1 classification for Avata?
513 4 2-11 08:19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PPflaeging
lvl.1
Flight distance : 120233 ft
Austria

Hi,

Is it possibke or planned to get a C1 classification for Avata inside the EU? Since 2024 we have to fly them in A3 that means it's unusable. I think I have to switch to another brand for FPV flying.

A3 means you have to have a distance of 150m to buildings and people. That means you can't make FPV videos without special permit :-(

Thx
Peter
2-11 08:19
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Apart from aeromodelling clubs, what is the scenario authorized by the Austrian CAA for doing FPV?
2-11 08:55
Use props
PPflaeging
lvl.1
Flight distance : 120233 ft
Austria

LV_Forestry Posted at 2-11 08:55
Apart from aeromodelling clubs, what is the scenario authorized by the Austrian CAA for doing FPV?

Oh, that's very simple: there are a lot of scenarios for professional videos where we use FPV drones. And it's very much easier to use EASA Class 0 or Class 1 drones, because you can fly them in zones where I would need a special permit for non classified drones or drones in Class 2 or 3.

And that's the   same over all of europe since 2024. Before the Avata was classified similar to Class 1 and
Subcategory A1.
2-11 13:37
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Regretfully, we cannot apply for the CX certification for the DJI Avata as it does not support RID in the EU. However, you can still fly the unit in an A3 environment. We appreciate your understanding and support.
2-11 19:47
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

PPflaeging Posted at 2-11 13:37
Oh, that's very simple: there are a lot of scenarios for professional videos where we use FPV drones. And it's very much easier to use EASA Class 0 or Class 1 drones, because you can fly them in zones where I would need a special permit for non classified drones or drones in Class 2 or 3.

And that's the   same over all of europe since 2024. Before the Avata was classified similar to Class 1 and

You seem quite sure of that.  Call the CAA to ask the question, we never know.

https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/light/topics/drone-racing-and-flying-drone-goggles-first-person-view-fpv
2-11 21:54
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules