Phantom 3 SE
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_iwdNt97Jw8AK
lvl.1

United States

Hi All, new to drones and I crashed my drone, fell from about 30 feet and took the camera off at the base mount braket connected directly to the drone.
Everything looks ok except the 2 wires that were connected to the landing gear legs.  One is black and one is grey, the both broke and after reading to see if they could be repaired it sounds like it is best to replace them.  Anyone have the part numbers for those to wires?  I have attached photos to show what is broke.  You can see on grey wire and black wire in the landing gear legs as well.  The black dot on the base camera board is where the black wire connects.
Any help on replacement parts would be greatly appreciated.  
camera board.jpg
drone camera mount.jpg
2-11 11:04
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. As electronic products are affected by technological developments and changes in usage requirements, each generation of products has a fixed life cycle. In order to continuously provide you with premium product and service experiences, DJI regularly optimizes resource allocations to promote the development and application of new products and technologies. Therefore, we have decided to stop providing support services for the Phantom 3 Series and its accessories starting on January 5, 2023. We're sorry that the services for this product have been suspended currently and relevant technical support and after-sales repair services cannot be provided. Thank you for your understanding.
2-11 19:28
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

IMO you don't need part numbers.   In theory, all you need are wires that have the appropriate ufl ends on them.  You need to open up the drone and confirm what the cables look like on each end and where they connect on the unseen end.  Or there may be a photo of the inside of an SE on the internet somewhere.  I don't know what the inside of an SE looks like but it seems possible those wires are directly from two of the antenna cables in the legs shown in the photo.  Or they could be attached to the centerboard.  Either way, you would want to confirm this, then replace the cables or the legs or the antennas on the legs which would come with the cables.  Find them on eBay or some other source.  But I suspect you're going to have other problems besides those two cables.  Good luck.
2-12 03:34
Use props
rivest04
lvl.1

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2-12 03:34
IMO you don't need part numbers.   In theory, all you need are wires that have the appropriate ufl ends on them.  You need to open up the drone and confirm what the cables look like on each end and where they connect on the unseen end.  Or there may be a photo of the inside of an SE on the internet somewhere.  I don't know what the inside of an SE looks like but it seems possible those wires are directly from two of the antenna cables in the legs shown in the photo.  Or they could be attached to the centerboard.  Either way, you would want to confirm this, then replace the cables or the legs or the antennas on the legs which would come with the cables.  Find them on eBay or some other source.  But I suspect you're going to have other problems besides those two cables.  Good luck.

Thanks for the reply and info.   I do see the wires going through the body down to the legs where they connect to some type of board in each leg.   I can see to find what appears to be the same grey wire and connector but I can't see to find any that have the black wire.    That is why I was looking for part numbers so I could verify each antenna.
2-12 07:50
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

You're gonna have to open up the drone.  
2-13 17:34
Use props
rivest04
lvl.1

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2-13 17:34
You're gonna have to open up the drone.

I can see the wires when the battery is removed and can tell where they go, the black goes to one leg and connects to a rectangular board that fits in the leg and the grey does the same thing.  This seems to only be this way on the SE model.  I will have to open up the drone to replace the wires, that I do know, if/ when I find the correct wires.

Thanks for all the replies so far!
2-13 19:04
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

I looked on ebay, those wires appear to be for the advanced and professional models.  The SE model only has 1 black wire and 1 grey wire that go through the body to separate legs.  In the legs they are soldered to a long rectangular board.

Yes - that's because the SE is unlike any other DJI drone.  But color doesn't matter.  You just need cables with the correct length and correct connectors, provided they'll connect to the boards in the legs.  
2-14 05:15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules