273 3 2-11 14:30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ImageWerkx1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37001 ft
United States

Hello,

I'm new here. I'm thinking that this is the place to resolve my issue.....

I would like to try active track on my DJI Mini Pro 3 (RC Controller).  However,  I do not see the "Subject Tracking" option under Controls so that I may use ActiveTrack.   I don't mean that it's greyed out, it's just isn't there!  I've successfully updated my controller, drone, and FlySafe databases  to the latest versions (as of this writing Feb. 11, 2024).   Still, it does not display.  I have also performed a factory reset on the controller.  Again, no joy.  BTW, I have also confirmed that I'm in compatible movie and photo modes. Attempting to block out the subject at varying distances (me in this case for testing purposes) doesn't work (it just adjusts exposure/focus).
ActiveTrack would be supremely helpful for an upcoming project I have on the books.  Any ideas or suggestions?  What am I missing here?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Marc

2-11 14:30
Use props
ImageWerkx1
lvl.1
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2-11 15:47
Just use your finger to draw a box around the subject you want to track.  Once you have done that you will see the ActiveTrack selections near the bottom center of the display.

Alternatively, AFTER you lift off, enable Subject Tracking in the Settings Menu.  Then potential subjects will be identified with a + and you can simply click on them to bring up the ActiveTrack options.  

Hey Bird,
Thank you for your response. I cannot seem to be able to draw a box around the subject (I did myself for testing) nor do I see  the subject detection option before or during flight.  I’ll check again as I’ve not been able to test following my reset (I live in the Wash DC FRZ).

Anyone else?

Marc
2-11 18:48
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm if you are using the DJI Mini 3 Pro or the DJI Mini 3? Could you please provide us the serial number so we can verify this on our end? Please note that the DJI Mini 3 (not Pro) does not support ActiveTrack or Focus Track. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2-11 19:13
Use props
ImageWerkx1
lvl.1
United States

Hello,

Wow!!!  All this time I thought I had a Mini 3 Pro.  It's a Mini 3.  I need to check my records to see if I was sent the wrong drone. Does DJI offer a trade-up program???

Thanks everyone for your help.  

Marc
2-12 04:33
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules