1455 11 2015-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 270728 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am using a P3P, using Samsung Note 4 for my mobile device.  I am flying above 10 meters but the Follow Me feature feels very irratic.  Sometimes it follows a bit and but usually it just hovers.  I am in a park and walking.  I am wondering what your experience is with Follow Me?

2015-9-10
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Follow me is just a proof of concept, i think it will be perfected with a better algorithm later on, its a fun thing to play with but not a thing to rely on in my humble opinion.
2015-9-10
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

The "follow me" modes I've seen from competitors have generally fixated on much more rapid motion - dirt bikes, bicycle motocross, etc. That produces a lot of action, therefore lots of movement and the quad is generally much more significantly active.

Someone walking around just seems too slow.

Art Burke - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2015-9-10
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Maybe is this a problem with your tablet GPS not accurate enough.
2015-9-10
Use props
jb
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

When I contacted tech support the guy said, you either have GPS or not.   Someone mentioned re calibrating the IMUs.   I will do that and then go to another park to test again.  
2015-9-10
Use props
Sling Shot
lvl.3

United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-9-10 12:29
Follow me is just a proof of concept, i think it will be perfected with a better algorithm later on, ...

I agree with you brother...they need to work the kinks out a little
2015-9-10
Use props
Sling Shot
lvl.3

United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-9-10 13:49
The "follow me" modes I've seen from competitors have generally fixated on much more rapid motion -  ...

5 to 20 MPH...works best
2015-9-10
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

since your mobile device GPS refresh rate is not high, and probably signal is not very stable, so you're facing this problem. Our R&D are working on Follow me improvements.
2015-9-10
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-9-11 03:03
since your mobile device GPS refresh rate is not high, and probably signal is not very stable, so yo ...

"Hey honey! Can I keep it? It followed me home!"
2015-9-11
Use props
TheDreamingWatc
lvl.2

Austria

jb@jamesstudio. Posted at 2015-9-11 02:03
When I contacted tech support the guy said, you either have GPS or not.   Someone mentioned re calib ...

IMHO, that's not true.
Some devices have GPS and Glonass (like the Phantom or the iPhone), some have only GPS.
GPS and Glonass is more precise than only GPS.
Some devices have a bad reception because of the casing, some have a better reception.
I’m sure there are several other factors to improve or reduce the accuracy.
2015-9-11
Use props
jb
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-9-11 02:03
since your mobile device GPS refresh rate is not high, and probably signal is not very stable, so yo ...

Are there mobile devices that are know to have high refresh rates?  Which devices work well with the Follow Me feature?  For example, do the Apple devices with cellular work well?
2015-9-26
Use props
ksunsingh
lvl.2

United States

I have a P3P and samsung note 4 and mine did pretty well, i even ran.  Height was 10-12m.

I was able to trick it by suddenly changing velocity.  But thats cause of momentum and it would adjust to catch me again.
2015-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules