447 8 2-12 02:46
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KitMavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25180 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi, bought RS2 maybe 2021 and only just activated it a few days ago, 2024.   Using it with A1 and iphone 12max.  Have updated all firmware of camera, gimbal, phone and Ronin App.All settings in default.  finding the front trigger (one press/hold) says "gimbal lock", but does not lock the gimbal in any modes.  Front trigger two presses work - recentres gimbal and three presses - selfie mode.  Using gimbal in PF mode and one press/hold of trigger does nothing.  Read on other forums, reprogramme the M button, but no details given how to lock the motion of the gimbal.   Haven't seen any readers give solution why one press/hold of front trigger does not work?   And if there is no solution for the one press/hold front trigger, what M settings in the App should i use to "lock the gimbal"?  I am mainly recording Real Estate, so hope settings work for this type of shoot.  Thanks in advance     

2-12 02:46
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, the RS 2 will enter Lock mode when you press and hold the trigger button, you can tap the screen to stay in Lock Mode, and then you can release the button.
2-12 03:26
Use props
KitMavic
lvl.2
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI Susan Posted at 2-12 03:26
Hi there, the RS 2 will enter Lock mode when you press and hold the trigger button, you can tap the screen to stay in Lock Mode, and then you can release the button.

Hi, when i press/hold the front trigger , the terms "gimbal lock" appear on the screen.    The gimbal in PF mode is still free to move, i.e. it does nothing.   When i release the trigger the "gimbal lock" disappears.  When i press/hold the trigger and tap the screen where it says "gimbal lock", nothing happens.   Any idea why when "gimbal lock" is displayed on the screen, the gimbal is still free to move?
2-12 03:31
Use props
KitMavic
lvl.2
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI Susan Posted at 2-12 03:26

Hi, if you have the RS2 still , would you mind checking your trigger and letting me know the "gimbal lock" works?  What settings did you use?   thanks
2-12 08:03
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KitMavic Posted at 2-12 08:03
Hi, if you have the RS2 still , would you mind checking your trigger and letting me know the "gimbal lock" works?  What settings did you use?   thanks

I have attached a tutorial video for your reference. The video explains how to enter the lock mode and how the lock mode works from 2:39 to 2:53. I hope the video is helpful to you.

Since you mentioned that you are recording Real Estate, I suggest using the Sport mode which may be more suitable for you. This video also introduces the Sport mode.

2-13 00:06
Use props
KitMavic
lvl.2
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI Susan Posted at 2-13 00:06
I have attached a tutorial video for your reference. The video explains how to enter the lock mode and how the lock mode works from 2:39 to 2:53. I hope the video is helpful to you.

Since you mentioned that you are recording Real Estate, I suggest using the Sport mode which may be more suitable for you. This video also introduces the Sport mode.

Thank you for the video, unfortunately one press/hold of the trigger, shows "gimbal lock" in the display but does not do anything physically to the gimbal, i.e. the gimbal is still free to move under the set mode.  I watched the whole video and am aware of all the functions, including those on the App (using iphone 12 max).   The now called "lock mode" in the video = "gimbal lock" as shown on my display are the same thing.   In the video this "lock mode" is what i want, but my trigger cannot perform this lock.    Do note 2 and 3 presses of the trigger works fine, so i assume the trigger is functioning properly.  Is this a software issue?
2-13 00:33
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KitMavic Posted at 2-13 00:33
Thank you for the video, unfortunately one press/hold of the trigger, shows "gimbal lock" in the display but does not do anything physically to the gimbal, i.e. the gimbal is still free to move under the set mode.  I watched the whole video and am aware of all the functions, including those on the App (using iphone 12 max).   The now called "lock mode" in the video = "gimbal lock" as shown on my display are the same thing.   In the video this "lock mode" is what i want, but my trigger cannot perform this lock.    Do note 2 and 3 presses of the trigger works fine, so i assume the trigger is functioning properly.  Is this a software issue?

Please swipe right on the screen to go to “Settings” > “More” > Restore Gimbal Setup” >“Gimbal Parameters” > “OK” to reset the gimbal’s motor, follow, and stick parameters, then try it again.

If the problem persists, please provide a video showing the issue so that we can assist you further.
2-13 01:06
Use props
KitMavic
lvl.2
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI Susan Posted at 2-13 01:06
Please swipe right on the screen to go to “Settings” > “More” > Restore Gimbal Setup” >“Gimbal Parameters” > “OK” to reset the gimbal’s motor, follow, and stick parameters, then try it again.

If the problem persists, please provide a video showing the issue so that we can assist you further.

Hi Susan,  I went to the DJI store today, and I tested the RS3.  The front trigger does exactly the same as the RS2.   So I ask the customer service person and he said the front trigger "gimbal lock" is not a physical lock of the gimbal, but it locks the "direction of which the camera is pointing" of the gimbal.  So I believe the misunderstanding appears to be in the terminology used.  I have used the Weebill S a while back and the gimbal lock in PF mode, does physically lock the gimbal.   So what I am trying to do now is to programme the M2 button to give minimal movement of the gimbal in PF mode.  Any suggestions on numbers welcomed.
2-14 04:31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KitMavic Posted at 2-14 04:31
Hi Susan,  I went to the DJI store today, and I tested the RS3.  The front trigger does exactly the same as the RS2.   So I ask the customer service person and he said the front trigger "gimbal lock" is not a physical lock of the gimbal, but it locks the "direction of which the camera is pointing" of the gimbal.  So I believe the misunderstanding appears to be in the terminology used.  I have used the Weebill S a while back and the gimbal lock in PF mode, does physically lock the gimbal.   So what I am trying to do now is to programme the M2 button to give minimal movement of the gimbal in PF mode.  Any suggestions on numbers welcomed.

Hi there, if you need to lock the gimbal physically, we still recommend that you try to change the gimbal mode to FPV, then long press the M button to enter Sport mode. I hope this can meet your requirement.
2-15 04:27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules