My Phantom 2 Vision Experience
1076 5 2014-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jward007
New

Australia

I really enjoyed flying my Phantom 2, it was such an awesome novelty to be able to see FPV through the camera, then of course, I crashed it.

This happens with everything, it wasnt a big crash but the gimbal cable detached from the camera and obviously doesnt do anything visual anymore.

I approached my service agent, because well, its not warranty, his answer (verbatim)

Sorry we can't be able to do this replacement, as DJI mention,all vision+ camera ribbon cable replace was a rough job, and even the DJI'sengineer can got 50% success rate, because this kind of jobs were done by therobot in factory.
I'm sorry for that.
Best Regards,
So, noone in my country (Australia) can repair it, meaning I have to send it to China for repair, only to probably be told to replace the Gimbal.

Im really annoyed, if I had known how the entire unit is essentially disposable, I would not have spent $1500 on it, Im having a whinge I guess, but really the lack of parts and support bothers me.

Now all I have is an expensive toy quad.

My advice to anyone thinking of buying a Phantom, do research, you will find there are a number of happy people still flying and unhappy people in my situation
2014-12-10
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

You can get a ribbon cable on ebay for the gimbal camera for the P2V+.
2014-12-10
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Are you talking about a Vision or a Vision+.  I knocked my camera off and thought I had broken it, but was able to fix it.
2014-12-10
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Gotta be a Vision+ because he mentions the gimble.  Plain ol' Vision does not have a gimble, just tilt control.
2014-12-11
Use props
jward007
New

Australia

Gerry1124 Posted at 2014-12-11 14:26
You can get a ribbon cable on ebay for the gimbal camera for the P2V+.

I see that, but they are 200+ bucks and from what I understand the repair may not fix it entirely.
2014-12-14
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

jward007@gmail. Posted at 2014-12-15 06:10
I see that, but they are 200+ bucks and from what I understand the repair may not fix it entirely.

One for $85 bucks and if you do a little research, you can probably find cheaper ones.
2014-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules