583 15 2-12 07:48
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mbisof
lvl.1
Flight distance : 149501 ft
Czechia

Hello everybody,
I have a DJI mini 4 pro and it happened to me already 5 times in different places that the drone disconnected from RC when I was flying. Is this normal? One friend of mine told me that it's not normal but I am not sure.. it's my first drone.
Last time, today, it disconnected and even refused to return automatically home.. just kept hovering disconnected for 7 minutes (please see the picture - I was standing on the road). Then I went under the drone and then it reconnected again..  
Please can you advise if there is something I can do? Or should I return the drone to the seller?
Thanks,
Martin
aScreenshot_20240212_155942.jpg
aScreenshot_20240212_155942.jpg
2-12 07:48
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hiya,

Best to get help/advice/explanation is to share your flightlogs for this issue

use this link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Post the uploaded link on here

cheers
JJB
2-12 07:54
Use props
mbisof
lvl.1
Czechia

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/8RHNRMTCP4EGQBD2B12U
2-12 08:21
Use props
mbisof
lvl.1
Czechia

JJB* Posted at 2-12 07:54
Hiya,

Best to get help/advice/explanation is to share your flightlogs for this issue

Thanks, It seems that it doesn't say much.. there is missing several minutes of no record in the end of the list (battery 92 and then 37 - nothing says in between).. Or can we find out more?
2-12 08:25
Use props
mbisof
lvl.1
Czechia

Dirty Bird Posted at 2-12 08:01
At the range indicated by your screenshot it is not normal to be losing contact with the drone and, if you did, the drone should engage RTH after several seconds of lost signal.  One thing that can happen is the drone can lose the video & telemetry feeds, but it is still connected to the RC for control.  In a case like this the drone will not engage RTH as it is still connected.  It will hover as you describe, but will respond to stick inputs or pressing the RTH button.

You can tell if this is the case by the connection status light(s) on the RC.  If you have the RC2 the status light will be green when connected & red when disconnected.  With the RC-N2 the battery lights will be solid lit when connected & flashing in unison when disconnected.

Thank you. I think that the lights on RC-N2 were flashing but I am not so sure. It's quite shame the log below doesn't say me more about the time it was disconnected .

Do you think I should try to ask for a replacement? It doesn't appear always.. but maybe each 5th flight.
2-12 08:37
Use props
mbisof
lvl.1
Czechia

Dirty Bird Posted at 2-12 08:01
At the range indicated by your screenshot it is not normal to be losing contact with the drone and, if you did, the drone should engage RTH after several seconds of lost signal.  One thing that can happen is the drone can lose the video & telemetry feeds, but it is still connected to the RC for control.  In a case like this the drone will not engage RTH as it is still connected.  It will hover as you describe, but will respond to stick inputs or pressing the RTH button.

You can tell if this is the case by the connection status light(s) on the RC.  If you have the RC2 the status light will be green when connected & red when disconnected.  With the RC-N2 the battery lights will be solid lit when connected & flashing in unison when disconnected.

Now I managed to replicate it at home (drone just lying on the floor). After 2 minutes got the message Disconnected from the RC. However, the green lights on RC-N2 are not flickering and I can drive the gimbal which means that RC is actually connected, drone just doesn't provide video and doesn't have the telemetry.

Can you advise where could be the problem? maybe a cable to the phone? Phone settings? I have no idea..
2-12 08:59
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

mbisof Posted at 2-12 08:25

Thanks, It seems that it doesn't say much.. there is missing several minutes of no record in the end of the list (battery 92 and then 37 - nothing says in between).. Or can we find out more?

Hi,

Had a look at your flight.

Sometimes the last record of a PhantomHelp CSV files is incorrect.

Last record shows indeed 39% batt, previous record 93.
Did it hover all that long ?  is this the log where you had a connection again, so is there a next log to this one?

Weird is the last record warning messages,

|  Record: 958  |   Aircraft not connected to RC.; Auto returning to home (29s).; Returning to home.; Aircraft pitch angle too large.; Takeoff permitted.; Aircraft not in flight. Vision systems and obstacle avoidance disabled (Code: 180059).; Home Point updated (Code: 3000001).; Auto returning to home (46s).; Auto returning to home (45s).; Auto returning to home (42s).; Auto returning to home (39s).; Auto returning to home (37s).; Auto returning to home (34s).; Auto returning to home (30s).; Auto returning to home (26s).; Auto returning to home (23s).; Auto returning to home (20s).; Auto returning to home (18s).; Descending and returning to home (14s).Aircraft pitch angle too large. Ensure aircraft is level (Code: 16100015).  |
I have never seen this is a log, AutoReturning count down messages...and Aircraft not in flight, pitch angle too large. while it was hovering ??

So no idea what is wrong with your Mini4pro, but could it be conflict in aircraft status ? i mean  - craft not in flight, so can this 'cancel' the RTH activity ?If yes, than why RTH countdown....when it did not change position ?

Hope that DJI have a better answer to this.  Still in warranty ?

cheers
JJB

2-12 09:01
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. Please check the connection from your remote to your phone and ensure that the aircraft is within the maximum flight distance of the corresponding mode. If the aircraft is disconnected from the remote controller at a short distance before takeoff. Check whether the firmware version is the latest. Re-link the aircraft to the remote controller again. If the issue persists please send the product back to DJI for diagnosis. You can submit a repair request here: https://repair.dji.com/.  The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. We appreciate your patience.
2-13 02:45
Use props
djiuser_8RWcZYANEZIP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152208 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-13 02:45
Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. Please check the connection from your remote to your phone and ensure that the aircraft is within the maximum flight distance of the corresponding mode. If the aircraft is disconnected from the remote controller at a short distance before takeoff. Check whether the firmware version is the latest. Re-link the aircraft to the remote controller again. If the issue persists please send the product back to DJI for diagnosis. You can submit a repair request here: https://repair.dji.com/.  The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. We appreciate your patience.

I am having a similar issue where I drop connection before I even take off sometimes. I'm using the rc n2 with the mini 4 pro. Is it possibly a USB connectivity issue? I'm connecting with a Samsung s22 ultra. Usually unplugging the USB and plugging it back in will reset the connection and bring it back, if not the first time, after several tries. This could be points in favor of the rc2 remote...
4-7 18:13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_8RWcZYANEZIP Posted at 4-7 18:13
I am having a similar issue where I drop connection before I even take off sometimes. I'm using the rc n2 with the mini 4 pro. Is it possibly a USB connectivity issue? I'm connecting with a Samsung s22 ultra. Usually unplugging the USB and plugging it back in will reset the connection and bring it back, if not the first time, after several tries. This could be points in favor of the rc2 remote...

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. May I know what is the exact error message or can you post a screenshot? Thank you very much.
4-8 01:13
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Can you remember if you took a photo in 48MP resolution at the time of shutdown?This problem sometimes occurred due to the SD memory card.
4-8 02:59
Use props
djiuser_8RWcZYANEZIP
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-8 01:13
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. May I know what is the exact error message or can you post a screenshot? Thank you very much.

This was taken before I even launched. It happened several more times during my flight within several hundred feet.
Screenshot_20240409_063627_Gallery.jpg
4-9 02:49
Use props
harweyko
lvl.3
Flight distance : 605121 ft

United States

if you're using RC-N2, was there any software update recently to the phone you're using? I had similar problem with disconnections on Mini 3 after upgrade of android version (13->14), tried different cables, reset the phone, but at the end I had to use older backup phone that kept the connection stable. Anytime I connected updated phone it was disconnecting each flight.
4-9 22:54
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_8RWcZYANEZIP Posted at 4-9 02:49
This was taken before I even launched. It happened several more times during my flight within several hundred feet.
[view_image]

Hi there. Have you already checked whether the firmware version of both the RC and the aircraft is the latest? You can also try relinking the aircraft to the remote controller again. Please keep us posted.
4-10 02:19
Use props
djiuser_8RWcZYANEZIP
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-10 02:19
Hi there. Have you already checked whether the firmware version of both the RC and the aircraft is the latest? You can also try relinking the aircraft to the remote controller again. Please keep us posted.

I know I updated the aircraft firmware but I didn't realize you could update the n2 controller firmware. I can try this.
4-11 01:39
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_8RWcZYANEZIP Posted at 4-11 01:39
I know I updated the aircraft firmware but I didn't realize you could update the n2 controller firmware. I can try this.

I see. Please feel free to update us if the issue persists. Have a great day ahead.
4-13 03:05
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules