Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
C.Pauly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 145059 ft
Germany

Hi there,

two questions:

1. Is there a way to display the current hight of the drone above ground instead of above starting point? I want to fly within the Alps and of course stick to the 120m limit above ground (drone is C1 certified not C0).

2. Is the remote ID function of the drone transmitting the current elevation compared to startingpoint or above ground? Based on the documentation of the legislative requirements both is possible as far as i know.

Thank you for your support and insights!

Cheers
Chris
2-12 15:47
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

1. Is there a way to display the current hight of the drone above ground instead of above starting point ?

Unless the drone is low enough for the downward looking sensors to sense the ground, then, as far as I know, ....... no.
2-12 16:41
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

1. Is there a way to display the current hight of the drone above ground instead of above starting point?
The drone has no sensor that can give the information you want.
You just have to intelligently estimate AGL height.
2-12 20:28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Let me confirm this with the relevant team. I will be back with an update. Thank you.
2-13 20:52
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 2-13 20:52
Hi there. Let me confirm this with the relevant team. I will be back with an update. Thank you.

There's nothing to confirm.
The drone has no way to tell how far it is above the terrain below.
I'm amazed that moderators have so little knowledge of DJI drones.
2-13 21:02
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, our app can only display the relative home point height. And if the aircraft has C1 certification, it will not have a 120m limitation. Have a nice day.
2-18 01:21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules