Early morning at Loch Ness
214 16 2-12 23:20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Albion Drones
First Officer
Flight distance : 2605597 ft
United Kingdom

Another 'Oldie' today, from April last year, an early morning spring flight over Loch Ness...

We were on our way to Speyside for a day of whisky tours, but the amazing light and hypnotic water bade us stop and take a short flight, which yielded this one shot relaxing video...

I know that there is a school of thought that you should have slips no longer than 6 seconds, as it allegedly keeps the viewer interested, but for me, the serene scene, the longer smooth epic flight works better...

What do you think, should drone footage video be edited at a fast pace to keep the viewer engaged, or should it be more dependant on what the creator is seeking to make?

2-12 23:20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Might be old but still nicely filmed.  
2-13 01:16
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-13 01:16
Might be old but still nicely filmed.

Thanks... Still trying to reset the YT algorithms, now down to less than 80 views a day, compared with 1k a month ago...
2-13 01:23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Albion Drones Posted at 2-13 01:23
Thanks... Still trying to reset the YT algorithms, now down to less than 80 views a day, compared with 1k a month ago...

Good luck with that,    best I know is to have a regular schedule for uploads.  
2-13 02:02
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, lovely light and beautiful colors.  Perfect choice in background music.  Fantastic job on this video.  
2-13 04:03
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-13 04:03
Wow, lovely light and beautiful colors.  Perfect choice in background music.  Fantastic job on this video.

Thank you kindly...
2-13 04:36
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Beautiful - I'm more of the 6 seconds crowd. Hard to make a 4 min video of one place then, though.
2-13 05:36
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're very welcome.  I also viewed and commented on the YT website as I'm not sure if full watches on the DJI forum help you with the YT algorithms or not.  
2-13 10:36
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5039731 ft
  • >>>
United States

BEautiful video. If you're making it for you you do what you like. If you're selling it you do what they like. I always watch the stats in youtube to know when people are leaving. The truth is that it has to do with age. Younger people have no patience..
2-13 16:23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice.  I'm fine with longer clips. For instance, you couldn't do that pan round to reveal the extent of the loch in a few seconds.  Rule of thumb on TV seems to be about 3 seconds, with the occasional 5 seconds thrown in for more detail. So far as YT is concerned, viewers seldom seem to watch 100% of a video.
For instance, my most popular video has, for no reason I could fathom, over 32000 views, but the average watch time is only 56% - even though the entire duration is only just over two  minutes.  Many peoples' attention span doesn't appear to be particularly long
2-13 23:56
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-13 16:23
BEautiful video. If you're making it for you you do what you like. If you're selling it you do what they like. I always watch the stats in youtube to know when people are leaving. The truth is that it has to do with age. Younger people have no patience..

Thanks, I like your way of thinking
2-14 00:17
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 2-13 23:56
Nice.  I'm fine with longer clips. For instance, you couldn't do that pan round to reveal the extent of the loch in a few seconds.  Rule of thumb on TV seems to be about 3 seconds, with the occasional 5 seconds thrown in for more detail. So far as YT is concerned, viewers seldom seem to watch 100% of a video.
For instance, my most popular video has, for no reason I could fathom, over 32000 views, but the average watch time is only 56% - even though the entire duration is only just over two  minutes.  Many peoples' attention span doesn't appear to be particularly long

Yup, I have a video like that, 33k views, not one of my best - taken only 12 weeks into our drone flying - that somehow got inked to the wrong subject - Iranian muntain villages - which meant my work was being promoted to people in Asia ooking at how people live in modern Mountain Villages, meaning a lack of views on my other videos as they weren't interested, and thus YT algorithm dumping my stuff down the list...
I asked them to delink it, but in doing so it has killed my channel, hence the attempts to get it working again by sharing some video's..
Just need some nice weather and the opportunity to get out and fly for some new footage...
2-14 00:22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Albion Drones Posted at 2-14 00:22
Yup, I have a video like that, 33k views, not one of my best - taken only 12 weeks into our drone flying - that somehow got inked to the wrong subject - Iranian muntain villages - which meant my work was being promoted to people in Asia ooking at how people live in modern Mountain Villages, meaning a lack of views on my other videos as they weren't interested, and thus YT algorithm dumping my stuff down the list...
I asked them to delink it, but in doing so it has killed my channel, hence the attempts to get it working again by sharing some video's..
Just need some nice weather and the opportunity to get out and fly for some new footage...

I'll drink to that!  
2-14 00:31
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 2-14 00:17
Thanks, I like your way of thinking

You make great videos, long or short.
2-14 04:49
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-14 04:49
You make great videos, long or short.

Thank you, thats a very nice and kind thing to say
2-14 05:05
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 2-14 05:05
Thank you, thats a very nice and kind thing to say

But it's true.
2-14 05:57
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice footage.
No sign of Nessy
To answer your question, that depends on your audience I think.
3-7 05:46
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules