Mavic Pro 2 stops when following/tracking a car and taking photos.
241 7 2-13 10:20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TomKirk
lvl.1
Germany

Hello, I am trying to take photos of moving cars with long shutter speed so I get motion blur in the background. Car is in focus and sharp.I use active track on a Mavic Pro 2. Tracking works but every time I take the picture the drone stops for a second or so and then tries to catch up with the car. So I don´t get many sharp results. Is there a way to constantly track and take pictures?

I know this question has already been asked a while ago but there wasn´t an answer to it. Maybe someone can help? Thank you!
2-13 10:20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there. I'm sorry to hear about the issue that this has caused you. Please ensure it is easy to distinguish the subject from the surroundings; calibrate the vision systems via DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic. Enable FAST mode instead of SLOW mode, and ensure the moving speed of the subject is within the maximum tracking speed.

We thank you for your feedback. Please adjust the position of the subject and ensure the moving speed of the subject is within the maximum tracking speed. We will continuously improve it. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2-13 17:20
Use props
TomKirk
lvl.1
Germany

Hi Diana,
Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

I don´t think it's a problem of bad visuality or a high moving speed of the car.
The car is around 20 to 25 mph. When I am filming tracking and filming works fine.
But when I take a photo the drone stops in the air for a moment. Then follows the car again.

I will try to calibrate the system like you said and then use the FAST mode. Which I already used..

So if anyone else had the same problem please let me know.
2-14 01:20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

TomKirk Posted at 2-14 01:20
Hi Diana,
Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

Hi there, could you please provide a screen recording video to Google Drive or Dropbox, then provide me with the download link? I'll download it for a further check.
2-14 20:24
Use props
TomKirk
lvl.1
Germany

Hi Wanda,

I just sent you a personal message with some videos you were asking for.

Thanks for checking them.
Tom
4-2 02:32
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

TomKirk Posted at 4-2 02:32
Hi Wanda,

I just sent you a personal message with some videos you were asking for.

Hi TomKirk, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Since Wanda has been on leave. Would you mind sharing me the link of the videos. We will help you to further follow, thanks.
4-2 23:17
Use props
TomKirk
lvl.1
Germany

Thank you Thor. I just have sent you the link in a personal message.
4-3 00:45
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

TomKirk Posted at 4-3 00:45
Thank you Thor. I just have sent you the link in a personal message.

Thanks. We will look into it, thanks.
4-3 00:53
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules