Intelligent Flight Mode
474 7 2-13 11:17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GotitGood
lvl.1
United States

I have a DJI Mini 3 Pro (great little drone, takes great video).  I have the RC-N1 Controller. The instructions in the user manual for Focus Track include ActiveTrack, Spotlight and Point of Interest. ActiveTrack consists of Trace and Parallel.

But, when I'm in flight mode, the choices on my DJI app are ActiveShot, Spotlight and Point of Interest.  ActiveShot consist of Manual and Parallel.

My frustration is that the "Manual" mode in ActiveShots is not described anywhere I can find in Mini 3 Pro instructions. Also, Parallel now retains a heading instead of following in a parallel position.

My question - Did DJI update my Drone/RC-N1 or app with the wrong software or have you just not updated instructions for the thousands of Mini 3 Pro users?

Thanks for your consideration.
2-13 11:17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there. Thank you for sharing your concern. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Could you please send us a video showing the problem you reported? We'd like to submit an internal case to our engineers for further feedback and a resolution to this issue. I look forward to your response.
2-13 17:05
Use props
GotitGood
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2-13 17:05
Hi there. Thank you for sharing your concern. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Could you please send us a video showing the problem you reported? We'd like to submit an internal case to our engineers for further feedback and a resolution to this issue. I look forward to your response.

I'm not going to make a video for you. I explained the problem once, I'll explain it again.

The instructions for Mini 3 Pro says that Intelligent flight mode consists of Spotlight, Point of Interest, and ActiveTrack. ActiveTrack consists of Trace and Parallel.

However on my  DJI app screen, I have ActiveShots instead of ActiveTrack and ActiveShots consists of Manual and Parallel instead of Trace and Parallel. So the app has different names than the instructions.

Does that mean 1) that you changed the software for Mini 3 Pro and didn't update the instructions or 2) updated my Mini 3 Pro with software for Mini 4 Pro?
2-14 17:36
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

GotitGood Posted at 2-14 17:36
I'm not going to make a video for you. I explained the problem once, I'll explain it again.

The instructions for Mini 3 Pro says that Intelligent flight mode consists of Spotlight, Point of Interest, and ActiveTrack. ActiveTrack consists of Trace and Parallel.

Hi, there. We feel terribly sorry for the unpleasant experience that you came across. We have clearly understood your issue and have further confirmed that. In order to present the product feature more clearly and more accurately to users, we optimized the naming and made adjustment accordingly. That's why the function names of the new version of DJI Fly App are different from the previous version.
2-14 19:49
Use props
GotitGood
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-14 19:49
Hi, there. We feel terribly sorry for the unpleasant experience that you came across. We have clearly understood your issue and have further confirmed that. In order to present the product feature more clearly and more accurately to users, we optimized the naming and made adjustment accordingly. That's why the function names of the new version of DJI Fly App are different from the previous version.

Thanks for your response.

My next question- When are you going to update the user instructions?

Thanks again.
2-14 20:09
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

GotitGood Posted at 2-14 20:09

Hi there, thank you for sharing the information with us. All details were recorded and forwarded to our relevant department. DJI has been continuously working to improve products and services to provide you with more comprehensive protection. Should there be any further questions, please feel free to contact us.
2-15 00:08
Use props
Chris Burton
New
Australia

GotitGood Posted at 2-14 20:09

Hey there, I've got the same thing. Just wondering if you have tested the "ActiveShots" in manual mode and if it actually traces. The word manual makes me nervous that it won't do anything without "manual" intervention
2-29 23:11
Use props
GotitGood
lvl.1
United States

Chris Burton Posted at 2-29 23:11
Hey there, I've got the same thing. Just wondering if you have tested the "ActiveShots" in manual mode and if it actually traces. The word manual makes me nervous that it won't do anything without "manual" intervention

I did fly 2 days ago using ActiveShots/Manual and the drone seemed to follow properly.  I started driving, turned around and went back to starting point, turned again and went same route and continued until I reached maximum distance from home point. Drone stopped.

When I turned around, the drone was then in front and it gradually worked out to the side and then behind the vehicle. Did this twice.

I've only flown a few times, so I barely know what I'm doing!
3-1 07:39
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules