295 40 2-13 12:28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5039731 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's a Snow Day in Staten Island, We didn't get much. A couple of inches. At least it covered for some pics.

DJI_0683.jpg
2-13 12:28
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Even a bit of blue sky...
2-13 22:15
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A transformed landscape.
2-14 00:11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Absolutely lovely,  weren't you due more overnight?
2-14 00:51
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lovely winter shot.  
2-14 04:01
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thank you RDB.
2-14 05:56
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

You're very welcome.  

Interesting day for me today.  About two weeks back I was challenged to a shoot at the pistol range by two local law enforcement officers.  Both are pretty good shots but as it turns out I beat both of them.  Today I get a call wanting to know if I would accept a challenge to shoot against one of their fellow officers.  I said sure, be there in 30 minutes.  Upon my arrival there were a dozen off-duty officers at the range.  I knew they had brought in a ringer to try and beat me.  So I told them since I won the last match that I would pick the distance for the shoot.  Knowing they only practice at 30 yards to the targets I opted for 50 yards.  They were like no problem, our guy is going to beat you no matter what the distance.  We each took 20 practice shots.   Based on traditional scoring he sent 10 rounds down range and scored 9.75.  I loaded my pistol with home loaded rounds as I know them to be really accurate as i measured the grains of power down to the millimeter.  I scored a 9.88.  He wanted a re-match so we sent 10 more rounds downrange.  This time I think he was trying to hard because of all the pressure his fellow policemen were putting on him.  He scored a 9.6 and I scored a 9.9.  Turns out they were really good sports after all.  The guy I beat wants me to work with him on getting more accurate.  I still think I was able to beat him because they get to use to close shooting and I work between 30 and 50 yards on a regular basis.
2-14 15:06
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-14 15:06
You're very welcome.  

Interesting day for me today.  About two weeks back I was challenged to a shoot at the pistol range by two local law enforcement officers.  Both are pretty good shots but as it turns out I beat both of them.  Today I get a call wanting to know if I would accept a challenge to shoot against one of their fellow officers.  I said sure, be there in 30 minutes.  Upon my arrival there were a dozen off-duty officers at the range.  I knew they had brought in a ringer to try and beat me.  So I told them since I won the last match that I would pick the distance for the shoot.  Knowing they only practice at 30 yards to the targets I opted for 50 yards.  They were like no problem, our guy is going to beat you no matter what the distance.  We each took 20 practice shots.   Based on traditional scoring he sent 10 rounds down range and scored 9.75.  I loaded my pistol with home loaded rounds as I know them to be really accurate as i measured the grains of power down to the millimeter.  I scored a 9.88.  He wanted a re-match so we sent 10 more rounds downrange.  This time I think he was trying to hard because of all the pressure his fellow policemen were putting on him.  He scored a 9.6 and I scored a 9.9.  Turns out they were really good sports after all.  The guy I beat wants me to work with him on getting more accurate.  I still think I was able to beat him because they get to use to close shooting and I work between 30 and 50 yards on a regular basis.

Nice. Good to have the police on your side.
2-14 19:50
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-14 19:50
Nice. Good to have the police on your side.

I was worried a bit the first match that I beat them.  I figured I'd get pulled over for anything and everything but fortunately that was not the case.  Now I just need to watch out for what "ringer" they throw at me next.  
2-15 03:04
Use props
Codgerzh2
First Officer
Flight distance : 15567024 ft
United Kingdom

Winter not my favourite time of year
2-15 05:28
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Codgerzh2 Posted at 2-15 05:28
Winter not my favourite time of year

It's not mine either. When it snows. I take it because it's something different. A new coat of snow can be refreshing to a neighborhood.
2-15 05:44
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-15 03:04
I was worried a bit the first match that I beat them.  I figured I'd get pulled over for anything and everything but fortunately that was not the case.  Now I just need to watch out for what "ringer" they throw at me next.

Sounds like you're having fun with them.
2-15 05:50
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-15 05:50
Sounds like you're having fun with them.

I'm having fun but a couple of them are getting a bit frustrated that a "civilian" is out shooting them.  They didn't ask and I didn't tell them I qualified as an Expert Pistol Shot in the military.  
2-16 07:44
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-16 07:44
I'm having fun but a couple of them are getting a bit frustrated that a "civilian" is out shooting them.  They didn't ask and I didn't tell them I qualified as an Expert Pistol Shot in the military.

Let them wonder.
2-16 12:53
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I certainly will.  I'm going to reload 200 target rounds this weekend and probably 25 self defense rounds.  I got a great deal on a case of 1000 rounds that are brass so I'm just waiting on them to come in.  I don't like to reload shell casings more than twice.  
2-16 14:19
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-16 14:19
I certainly will.  I'm going to reload 200 target rounds this weekend and probably 25 self defense rounds.  I got a great deal on a case of 1000 rounds that are brass so I'm just waiting on them to come in.  I don't like to reload shell casings more than twice.

It's probably safer not to.
2-16 16:52
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-16 16:52
It's probably safer not to.

Quality brass cases from Lapua, Norma, Sako, Hornady can generally all be reloaded safely 3–5 times but I like to err on the safe side.  I don't reload steel casings at all.  I don't even like to shoot them as they usually have dirty primers and then you have a mess to clean up after every shoot.
2-17 06:06
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-17 06:06
Quality brass cases from Lapua, Norma, Sako, Hornady can generally all be reloaded safely 3–5 times but I like to err on the safe side.  I don't reload steel casings at all.  I don't even like to shoot them as they usually have dirty primers and then you have a mess to clean up after every shoot.

That's too much work but ammo is expensive.
2-17 06:52
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-17 06:52
That's too much work but ammo is expensive.

Most of the time it is.  Occasionally, you can catch a sale on quality ammo.  However, for performance I like to load my own shells as I've found them to be so much more accurate.  It is a bit time consuming but hey I'm retired so I have plenty of time on my hands.
2-17 06:59
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-17 06:59
Most of the time it is.  Occasionally, you can catch a sale on quality ammo.  However, for performance I like to load my own shells as I've found them to be so much more accurate.  It is a bit time consuming but hey I'm retired so I have plenty of time on my hands.

So you can do both.
2-17 07:06
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

You sure can.  When I can catch quality ammo on sale I usually buy 2-3 1,000 round cases.  Most of this is used as target practice ammo.  For self-defense I load my own as I want it to be 100% accurate and experience zero misfires.
2-17 07:13
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-17 07:13
You sure can.  When I can catch quality ammo on sale I usually buy 2-3 1,000 round cases.  Most of this is used as target practice ammo.  For self-defense I load my own as I want it to be 100% accurate and experience zero misfires.

I get it.
smart.
2-17 09:52
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Did you see the article about the gent in CA that had over a million rounds of ammo and over 248 guns?  That's definitely an insane amount of ammo.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ ... ned-arrested-2024-2
2-18 04:58
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-18 04:58
Did you see the article about the gent in CA that had over a million rounds of ammo and over 248 guns?  That's definitely an insane amount of ammo.

https://www.businessinsider.com/california-man-million-rounds-ammo-guns-illegal-owned-arrested-2024-2

That's an obsession. One thing about guns. Some people really get carried away with the collection part of it or the Armageddon part.
2-18 06:15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-18 06:15
That's an obsession. One thing about guns. Some people really get carried away with the collection part of it or the Armageddon part.

I don't know the gent but I wage it was more an Armageddon thought he had.  
2-18 06:31
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-18 06:31
I don't know the gent but I wage it was more an Armageddon thought he had.

I would think so with a little conspiracy factor mixed in.
2-18 06:35
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-18 06:35
I would think so with a little conspiracy factor mixed in.

Possibly mix any some mental health issues also.  People think I have a lot of guns but I really only have the ones I need (less than 6).  
2-18 06:46
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-18 06:46
Possibly mix any some mental health issues also.  People think I have a lot of guns but I really only have the ones I need (less than 6).

That;s reasonable. a couple of pistols, a couple for hunting and some for marksmanship?
2-18 07:13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-18 07:13
That;s reasonable. a couple of pistols, a couple for hunting and some for marksmanship?

4 pistols for pistol tournaments and 2 rifles for hunting.  Although my hunting trips have slowed down over the years.  I used to travel to Alaska annually for a hunt.  I also found game to be plentiful in Montana.  
2-19 03:15
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-19 03:15
4 pistols for pistol tournaments and 2 rifles for hunting.  Although my hunting trips have slowed down over the years.  I used to travel to Alaska annually for a hunt.  I also found game to be plentiful in Montana.

That works.
2-19 03:32
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

It's a sufficient amount to meet my needs for target shooting and self protection.  I'm not a doomsday prepper so I don't need an armory full of guns and ammo.  
2-19 03:41
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-19 03:41
It's a sufficient amount to meet my needs for target shooting and self protection.  I'm not a doomsday prepper so I don't need an armory full of guns and ammo.

When You shoot at a pistol range it's easy to buy a few.  
2-19 03:47
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-19 03:47
When You shoot at a pistol range it's easy to buy a few.

Since I shoot at this one indoor range so often I bought a membership there and it saved me almost half of what I was spending.  
2-19 03:55
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Do you have a small caliber to shoot a lot without spend8ng too much?
2-19 04:59
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice 'feature' for some shots indeed!
3-7 11:08
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 3-7 11:08
Nice 'feature' for some shots indeed!

Corel has some great editing programs for a one time fee. I use some of them.
3-8 05:22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-8 05:22
Corel has some great editing programs for a one time fee. I use some of them.

I tried Draw a looooong time ago.
3-8 05:23
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 3-8 05:23
I tried Draw a looooong time ago.

The paint and pro have pretty good AI for creating paintings of your photography work and for sharpening.
3-8 05:30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-8 05:30
The paint and pro have pretty good AI for creating paintings of your photography work and for sharpening.

Cool.
For now I have enough with one paid photo editor and one paid video editor
3-8 05:38
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 3-8 05:38
Cool.
For now I have enough with one paid photo editor and one paid video editor

There are so many great programs and you only need one. The learning curves are high.
3-8 05:43
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules