414 6 2-13 14:54
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gordon Banks
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2270636 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi DJI…. Does Active Track (Mini 4) work in any Active Track mode (auto, manual, parallel) going downhill? Example: tracking a skier going downhill.
2-13 14:54
Use props
Mike_1958
lvl.1
Flight distance : 146181 ft
Germany

Hi Gordon, worked fine with my Air 3.
2-15 06:04
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. DJI Mini 4 Pro does not have an option to turn on the Terrain Follow, but this feature is active in ActiveTrack Mode, allowing the drone to automatically ascend and descend with respect to the terrain in regions with relatively modest slopes. Please refer to the user manual for more information.

Note: There is no fixed slope angle value for this mode. Recommend customers to use their drone in areas with a slope angle no greater than 40%.
3-3 04:44
Use props
Gordon Banks
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-3 04:44
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. DJI Mini 4 Pro does not have an option to turn on the Terrain Follow, but this feature is active in ActiveTrack Mode, allowing the drone to automatically ascend and descend with respect to the terrain in regions with relatively modest slopes. Please refer to the user manual for more information.

Note: There is no fixed slope angle value for this mode. Recommend customers to use their drone in areas with a slope angle no greater than 40%.

I have found that the mini 4 in Activetrack will not stay close to the tracked human. It is not possible to closely track a human. Like….. stay within 20 feet of me at all times.
3-3 05:54
Use props
AlexBacki
lvl.1

Ukraine

Hello DJI community,

I've been exploring the features of my Mini 4 and I'm curious about the Active Track functionality. Specifically, does Active Track work in any mode (auto, manual, parallel) when tracking a subject moving downhill, like a skier?

I'm eager to hear from others who might have tested this scenario or have insights into how Active Track performs in downhill tracking situations. Your experiences and tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
3-4 07:19
Use props
Gordon Banks
lvl.2
  • >>>
Mexico

Alex…. I found that tracking works in flat open park. But with more complex terrain like: going downhill, trees, snow, snowing etc. My tests result in the Mini 4 eventually ending up too high and paused (tracking lost). Too far away from the skier skiing. Also, a swinging controller (on the skier) results in swinging unstable footage. There also problems with the RC screen being touched accidentally when hanging from a landyard around one’s neck.
3-4 08:03
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Gordon Banks Posted at 3-3 05:54
I have found that the mini 4 in Activetrack will not stay close to the tracked human. It is not possible to closely track a human. Like….. stay within 20 feet of me at all times.

Hi there. Thank you for your response. The DJI Mini 4 Pro ActiveShots supports 3 modes: Auto, Manual, and Parallel. If you are using the Auto mode, the aircraft continuously plans and adjusts the flight path based on its environment and executes automatic movements. You can also visit the DJI Mini 4 Pro user manual and go to page 28 for more information. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us.

DJI Mini 4 Pro user manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf
3-6 22:42
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules