DJI Please Fix: Webcam bugs with OA4 and Pocket 3
848 26 2-13 21:55
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PeloTom
lvl.2

United States

As others have reported in this forum, the OA4 and Pocket 3 are suffering from stuttering/frame duplication issues when used in webcam mode.  I made a video about it demonstrating the issue here:

Is anyone else experiencing this bug?  Comment below so we can get DJI to fix this issue!

2-13 21:55
Use props
PeloTom
lvl.2

United States

I am running the Jan 10, 2024 OA4 firmware and the Jan 31 Pocket 3 firmware
2-13 22:48
Use props
LeMagnifique
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3281 ft
Czechia

Video not available
2-14 00:29
Use props
Pocket3Bugs
lvl.1

Ukraine

Available if you go to YouTube
2-14 00:44
Use props
Pocket3Bugs
lvl.1

Ukraine

Thank you for your work, it’s a pity that there is no comparison UVC H264 vs RTMP H264
RTMP eliminates the influence of USB ports (camera, computer), USB cable.

By the way, considering that there is Action 4 in the test, this is not so important, but DJI support will definitely ask: during tests, did you connect the USB cable directly to the Pocket 3 or through an extension (battery handle, thread handle)?
2-14 00:50
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Need to try, andsee  guess the vid is a country issue thing here

2-14 04:18
Use props
PeloTom
lvl.2

United States

LeMagnifique Posted at 2-14 00:29
Video not available

I just turned on allow embedding on YT, I hope you can see it now
2-14 05:32
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great job on this video.  The stutters are very noticeable.  Hopefully DJI will get their respective team on this issue quickly.
2-14 14:10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. We're sorry for the trouble that it may cause you. Rest assured that this matter will be coordinated with our relevant team for further checking and attention.
2-15 03:54
Use props
thisiskurtirl
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I second this issue
2-15 07:20
Use props
Pocket3Bugs
lvl.1

Ukraine

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-15 03:54
Hello, there. We're sorry for the trouble that it may cause you. Rest assured that this matter will be coordinated with our relevant team for further checking and attention.

Thanks, when can we expect a fix? The problem has been reported since November 2023, since that time there have been two updates that did not fix it...
2-16 06:48
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pocket3Bugs Posted at 2-16 06:48
Thanks, when can we expect a fix? The problem has been reported since November 2023, since that time there have been two updates that did not fix it...

Its highly unlikely you will get a definitive answer as DJI rarely gives a time frame, heck, they might not even be working on it, there will be no way of knowing unless one of the R&D team comes on here.
2-16 19:38
Use props
deekei
lvl.1
Flight distance : 286627 ft
Russia

Confirm, i live stream with DJI Action 4 and i'm experiencing the same stuttering issue.  I tried to change USB cables, tried short one (about 25 cm), it stutters the same with PC and streaming encoder. Connecting USB cable directly to camera.
2-20 00:36
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Pocket3Bugs Posted at 2-16 06:48

Thank you for your query. We haven't received relative feedback regarding this matter. However, rest assured that we'll constantly be forwarding relevant feedback regarding this matter. Thank you for your understanding.
2-22 01:13
Use props
djiuser_2VaXKRXNwXZq
New
Flight distance : 10902 ft

Poland

I can confirm same issues on my side
2-25 16:40
Use props
PeloTom
lvl.2

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-15 03:54

Hi Gamora, is there an update on this issue?
2-25 17:36
Use props
WheelsonaBike
lvl.1

Canada

I experienced the same issue in my livestream today, streaming with Pocket 3. A lot of stuttering and jittery frames. It won't take long to spot them: https://www.youtube.com/live/F3wVMzrBwFU?si=GpTnO5olomfxG7hg&t=188. DJI, please fix this issue so that we can explore more of this wonderful camera's potential in webcam mode.
2-25 20:44
Use props
Pocket3Bugs
lvl.1

Ukraine

I’m afraid that problem is in hardware and updating the firmware will not solve it, that’s why they don’t confirm the existence of the problem...
2-27 06:22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

PeloTom Posted at 2-25 17:36
Hi Gamora, is there an update on this issue?

Hi, PeloTom. Engineers are already working on this issue and will optimize the experience in this scenario in subsequent updates. Please pay attention to subsequent firmware updates. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2-28 07:00
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

WheelsonaBike Posted at 2-25 20:44
I experienced the same issue in my livestream today, streaming with Pocket 3. A lot of stuttering and jittery frames. It won't take long to spot them: https://www.youtube.com/live/F3wVMzrBwFU?si=GpTnO5olomfxG7hg&t=188. DJI, please fix this issue so that we can explore more of this wonderful camera's potential in webcam mode.

We're sorry for the inconvenience, WheelsonaBike. Rest assured that our Engineers are already working on this issue. Kindly wait for the firmware update.
2-28 07:02
Use props
PeloTom
lvl.2

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-28 07:00
Hi, PeloTom. Engineers are already working on this issue and will optimize the experience in this scenario in subsequent updates. Please pay attention to subsequent firmware updates. Thank you for your kind understanding.

This is great news. I can say with confidence that many DJI customers who use the OA4 and P3 in webcam mode for IRL live streaming will be very happy about a firmware update that fixes stuttering. Thank you for looking into this!!!

Cheers!
2-28 11:20
Use props
tusted
New
Netherlands

I have the same problem, both Osmo Action 4 and Osmo Pocket 3 on Webcam mode, I'm glad DJI is looking into it, and I am Looking forward to the next updates!
2-29 02:50
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

PeloTom Posted at 2-28 11:20
This is great news. I can say with confidence that many DJI customers who use the OA4 and P3 in webcam mode for IRL live streaming will be very happy about a firmware update that fixes stuttering. Thank you for looking into this!!!

Cheers!

You're most welcome, PeloTom. Should you need further assistance, please let us know.
3-4 04:10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

tusted Posted at 2-29 02:50
I have the same problem, both Osmo Action 4 and Osmo Pocket 3 on Webcam mode, I'm glad DJI is looking into it, and I am Looking forward to the next updates!

We're sorry for the inconvenience, tusted. Rest assured that our Engineers are already working on this issue. Thank you for your kind understanding.
3-4 04:15
Use props
WheelsonaBike
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-28 07:02
We're sorry for the inconvenience, WheelsonaBike. Rest assured that our Engineers are already working on this issue. Kindly wait for the firmware update.

Thank you, I hope the update is released in the near future.
3-20 14:32
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

WheelsonaBike Posted at 3-20 14:32
Thank you, I hope the update is released in the near future.

You're welcome, WheelsonaBike. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you.
3-22 02:33
Use props
djiuser_UYsEPPmRUsy6
New

United Kingdom

Any updates on fixes ? Also adding 25/50 FPS for UK would be a huge help
4-24 00:55
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules