[See My Other Content...]

2-15 00:31
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The dog's tail got in the way at one point   Those trains seemed very frequent due to the elapsed time.
2-15 01:00
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 2-15 01:00
The dog's tail got in the way at one point   Those trains seemed very frequent due to the elapsed time.

Did you spot the pigeons,  they fly from left to right every day at sunrise.  
2-15 01:07
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-15 01:07
Did you spot the pigeons,  they fly from left to right every day at sunrise.

I missed those
2-15 01:18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's a strange phenomenon.  Apparently they fly back at sunset but Ive not seen that.
2-15 01:36
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-15 01:36
It's a strange phenomenon.  Apparently they fly back at sunset but Ive not seen that.

Coming back home to roost before nightfall.
2-15 01:56
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 2-15 01:56
Coming back home to roost before nightfall.

Yes,  they seem to like the woods that span across the hill.   It's just quite the sight and hazard to drones in the mornings.
2-15 03:16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice lapse DA but the title does say it all.  
2-15 03:57
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-15 03:16
Yes,  they seem to like the woods that span across the hill.   It's just quite the sight and hazard to drones in the mornings.

At least you've dodged them so far.
2-15 04:26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-15 03:57
Nice lapse DA but the title does say it all.

I know.  it was sad today.  
2-15 05:13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 2-15 04:26
At least you've dodged them so far.

A few near misses,  but I think they dodged me.
2-15 05:14
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5039731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sad morning without a sunrise.
2-15 05:47
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-15 05:47
Sad morning without a sunrise.

Total rain this morning which was unfortunate as I had plans for a sunrise shot today.
2-15 22:06
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-15 22:06
Total rain this morning which was unfortunate as I had plans for a sunrise shot today.

No Rain today wind to 34 but I have two flights I have to do.  Snow tomorrow. I hate winter.
2-16 04:25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-16 04:25
No Rain today wind to 34 but I have two flights I have to do.  Snow tomorrow. I hate winter.

You'll just have to take the M2P along to that job.  
2-16 04:40
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-16 04:40
You'll just have to take the M2P along to that job.

Believe it or not I think the Air 2S handles the wind better. But I will have them both. to make sure
2-16 04:43
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-16 04:43
Believe it or not I think the Air 2S handles the wind better. But I will have them both. to make sure

I flew my M2P in the canary in some incredible winds,  it's hard to believe a smaller drone would do better,  but I dont have any first hand experience with the Air2S.
2-16 04:46
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-16 04:46
I flew my M2P in the canary in some incredible winds,  it's hard to believe a smaller drone would do better,  but I dont have any first hand experience with the Air2S.

I watched a comparison with the air 2s, mavic 2 pro and autel ave 2 on youtube and to my surprise the Air 2S won. Mavic 2 pro second and autel 3rd.  I may have to test it today. I have an FAA Authorized flight in an open field construction site that I may have to fly. If it's safe I will attempt both and let you know. This was the comparison of 4 drones

2-16 05:20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-16 05:20
I watched a comparison with the air 2s, mavic 2 pro and autel ave 2 on youtube and to my surprise the Air 2S won. Mavic 2 pro second and autel 3rd.  I may have to test it today. I have an FAA Authorized flight in an open field construction site that I may have to fly. If it's safe I will attempt both and let you know. This was the comparison of 4 drones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB57Ng7hOS8

I saw that a while ago,     fun fact Ian used to live very close to here, so I know that area well.     Im not sure the test was very fair,   as you hear him say the wind had really got up now when he's sending the M2P along,    it could easily be the wind had picked up and he had no monitoring of that.   Eitherway it was very close.
2-16 05:33
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-16 05:33
I saw that a while ago,     fun fact Ian used to live very close to here, so I know that area well.     Im not sure the test was very fair,   as you hear him say the wind had really got up now when he's sending the M2P along,    it could easily be the wind had picked up and he had no monitoring of that.   Eitherway it was very close.

There is really no way to tell because there are random gusts. I just found it interesting. I saw another one where they compared the phantom 4  but it seemed to rise allot more in the wind.
2-16 05:41
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-16 05:41
There is really no way to tell because there are random gusts. I just found it interesting. I saw another one where they compared the phantom 4  but it seemed to rise allot more in the wind.

It's what wind tunnels were invented for.
2-16 05:56
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-16 05:56
It's what wind tunnels were invented for.

I guess so.
2-16 06:45
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-15 05:13
I know.  it was sad today.

I hope your weather today is a bit better than yesterday's weather.  
2-16 07:42
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-16 07:42
I hope your weather today is a bit better than yesterday's weather.

It's not promising,   there is a yellow alert in place for heavy rain and flooding again,  but I did manage to get out for sunrise this morning.  SWMBOd had a little lay in this morning as its her birthday.  
2-17 01:29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-17 01:29
It's not promising,   there is a yellow alert in place for heavy rain and flooding again,  but I did manage to get out for sunrise this morning.  SWMBOd had a little lay in this morning as its her birthday.

Sounds like it will be another indoor type of day.  Happy birthday to SWMBO.  
2-17 06:11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-17 06:11
Sounds like it will be another indoor type of day.  Happy birthday to SWMBO.

Actually we did a load of chores at the MIL and then washed the new car to get all the wax from the delivery off of it.   Since then the rain hasn't stopped.  
2-18 01:00
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-18 01:00
Actually we did a load of chores at the MIL and then washed the new car to get all the wax from the delivery off of it.   Since then the rain hasn't stopped.

Ahh, you got a new car.  Good to hear.  Don't feel like you are alone in that weather as it is pouring here and is forecast for 98% rain all day.  Had planned to dive today but I don't want to fight the pouring rain and lightening to get out to the wreck site.  Just a bit too dangerous for that trip.  Instead I'm going to do some annual maintenance in my garage on my ATV , lawn tractor and pressure washer (tune-ups).  
2-18 05:23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-18 05:23
Ahh, you got a new car.  Good to hear.  Don't feel like you are alone in that weather as it is pouring here and is forecast for 98% rain all day.  Had planned to dive today but I don't want to fight the pouring rain and lightening to get out to the wreck site.  Just a bit too dangerous for that trip.  Instead I'm going to do some annual maintenance in my garage on my ATV , lawn tractor and pressure washer (tune-ups).

It's not mine,  its a bit of car share until the new models are available to see and I can order something.   
2-18 07:49
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-18 07:49
It's not mine,  its a bit of car share until the new models are available to see and I can order something.

Got it.  When do the new models come out?
2-19 03:23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-19 03:23
Got it.  When do the new models come out?

They launched one the other week, but the full pricing & options are not yet available and theres 2 more over the next couple of months but the dealers weve spoken too wont be more specific,  and we doubt they actually know yet.
2-20 02:04
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-20 02:04
They launched one the other week, but the full pricing & options are not yet available and theres 2 more over the next couple of months but the dealers weve spoken too wont be more specific,  and we doubt they actually know yet.

I'm assuming they don't use a MSRP system?  New car sales are still off here a bit based on some of the data I've been reading.  I guess they have finally recovered from the negative effects of COVID on production and parts shortages but now with the price of housing rising so quickly most people are hanging on to their vehicles for a couple more years.
2-20 03:26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-20 03:26
I'm assuming they don't use a MSRP system?  New car sales are still off here a bit based on some of the data I've been reading.  I guess they have finally recovered from the negative effects of COVID on production and parts shortages but now with the price of housing rising so quickly most people are hanging on to their vehicles for a couple more years.

We have a thing they call the configurator where you can select the model, options, colours etc and they calculate the OTR price,   For the one model they have now launched thats available but it appears to be missing a number of options we would expect to see, for example a glass roof.    Even though the first of the models has been announced it doesnt mean its in production yet so we want to wait and see the vehicles in the flesh before we order,   our order will then need to be built as we wont go through the dealership for it as we have another way to purchase that has a significant discount over the dealership price.    The dealerships will order some stock in configurations that they think will sell but they have never had the spec of a vehicle I wanted to buy.
2-20 04:19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-20 04:19
We have a thing they call the configurator where you can select the model, options, colours etc and they calculate the OTR price,   For the one model they have now launched thats available but it appears to be missing a number of options we would expect to see, for example a glass roof.    Even though the first of the models has been announced it doesnt mean its in production yet so we want to wait and see the vehicles in the flesh before we order,   our order will then need to be built as we wont go through the dealership for it as we have another way to purchase that has a significant discount over the dealership price.    The dealerships will order some stock in configurations that they think will sell but they have never had the spec of a vehicle I wanted to buy.

I don't blame you on wanting to see it in the "flesh" before placing your order.  Custom orders here take about 4-6 months to get it from the factory.  
2-20 04:27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-20 04:27
I don't blame you on wanting to see it in the "flesh" before placing your order.  Custom orders here take about 4-6 months to get it from the factory.

About 3 months here on a good order.  Two of the models were looking at are refreshed and one is totally new to the UK so thats the one I really want to see.
2-20 04:46
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-20 04:46
About 3 months here on a good order.  Two of the models were looking at are refreshed and one is totally new to the UK so thats the one I really want to see.

Hopefully, one of the 3 will fit your requirements.  I'm a bit picky when I get a new car so I normally do a custom order.  This time I was pressed for time so I was able to find one at a local dealership that met 99% of my wants.  The other 1% I met with after purchase add-ons.  
2-20 15:35
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-20 15:35
Hopefully, one of the 3 will fit your requirements.  I'm a bit picky when I get a new car so I normally do a custom order.  This time I was pressed for time so I was able to find one at a local dealership that met 99% of my wants.  The other 1% I met with after purchase add-ons.

Dealer stock from my experience is usually quite basic here, and I never buy a base model.    With being able to borrow a car for a few days a week and any trips we want to do takes the pressure off quite a bit and will alow me to save a lot off the new purchase.  
2-21 00:09
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-21 00:09
Dealer stock from my experience is usually quite basic here, and I never buy a base model.    With being able to borrow a car for a few days a week and any trips we want to do takes the pressure off quite a bit and will alow me to save a lot off the new purchase.

It's nice that you have access to a car until you get a new one.  I don't blame you for not buying the base model. If you plan on keeping it for a substantial period of time it is always better to have the amenities on it that you desire.
2-21 03:10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-21 03:10
It's nice that you have access to a car until you get a new one.  I don't blame you for not buying the base model. If you plan on keeping it for a substantial period of time it is always better to have the amenities on it that you desire.

Ill probably keep it a couple of years.    I just like the nicer specifications.  
2-21 03:22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-21 03:22
Ill probably keep it a couple of years.    I just like the nicer specifications.

I don't spend a lot of time in my vehicle but when I do I enjoy having the comforts in it vice a stripped down model.  
2-21 03:49
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-21 03:49
I don't spend a lot of time in my vehicle but when I do I enjoy having the comforts in it vice a stripped down model.

Its little things like cloth seats vs leather or alcantara,   the cloth for me wouldn't last long before Id made a mess of it.
2-21 03:57
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules