FPV Beginner Drone (Cinematic / Foto Functionality)
317 13 2-16 01:59
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kepnik
lvl.1

Austria

Hello Dear DJI Community,

my first post here, and I hope you guys are all well and happily flying! I am so confused right now and I am searching for clarity and enlightenment :-D
Hope you can help a fellow from Austria and send you many thanks for your answers !

----------
Prologue : I have a few years rc experience with Helicopters did some 3d stuff, and enjoyed it a lot, at the end I was fed up with repairing, fixing, tuning, and too little fly time.
But I always enjoyed the thrill and the feeling in the air, and I always dreamed of fpv flying. A few months ago I was thinking about how great it would be to have aerial fotos and maybe even some videos of my trips and hikes and journeys. So I nearly bought the mini 3 pro a few days ago.

Then I have seen that it is nowadays fpv compatible and was instantly thrilled. I thought I found the perfect product. Because it seemed to have everything, at a reasonable price!
Then I went into discussion with my brother and he convinced me that I also want to experience some fyling fun, no acro, no crazy stuff for the first 1-2 years, but maybe more than the robotic style the mini drones (SEEM!?) to offer.

Then I nearly bought the avata, which seems to be able to do both, fotos, videos and great flight, also at a acceptable price. But after a little bit more search I found some flaws in the product I am not sure I can tolerate for that investment. The avata seems a great fly, but not really usable if you want to take it to the mountain or for a journey... due to no possibility to fly it without the googles. And just for fun flying in my backyard, it seems a lot of money to invest.   
--------

Can you guys help me out with some recommendation and experience reports:
-Is it possible to find a drone for easy/fun fpv flying with the image capabilities and functionality / mobility of the mini series ?
-Is the mini 3 or 4 fun to fly in fpv or will I always be bored after 1-2 months due to the missing dynamic in flight ?
(my feeling is, it is not built to fly but to go from a to b and make shots on the way)
Somehow I cant find any videos with fpv from the mini series with real flying, seems no one is buying these drones to use them in sports mode (for anything else but accelerating fast in a straight line)
-Is the Avata usable as camera / cinewhoop drone to pack and go for a hike or on a holiday trip ? (also the missing wireless connectivity and software options for fotos and videos bothers me a lot for this price)

I would love to just buy it without building everything from scratch, thats why i wanted a dji in the first place.
So I hope for some help, and I am sending you all sunny greetings !
All the best from Tyrol !
Flo
2-16 01:59
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FPV mode on the Mini series isnt really like flying a real fps drone,  it's just disabling the gimbal.  Sports mode on the Mini series drones tend not to work for very long,   especially in any wind or adverse conditions when the drone will throttle back as the batteries cannot keep up.

On the flip side the current FPV drones are all limited to A3 flight which means you are 150m away from people/buildings/etc.  
2-16 02:12
Use props
Kepnik
lvl.1

Austria

DAFlys Posted at 2-16 02:12
FPV mode on the Mini series isnt really like flying a real fps drone,  it's just disabling the gimbal.  Sports mode on the Mini series drones tend not to work for very long,   especially in any wind or adverse conditions when the drone will throttle back as the batteries cannot keep up.

On the flip side the current FPV drones are all limited to A3 flight which means you are 150m away from people/buildings/etc.

thank you for the answer, thats what I was thinking too sadly... seems the mini only can fly massively assisted and not "free" like a drone as the avata etc.

Just to make sure you understood me right : I am not talking about gimbal FPV but about the combo with the fpv googles from dji ;-)
2-16 02:22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kepnik Posted at 2-16 02:22
thank you for the answer, thats what I was thinking too sadly... seems the mini only can fly massively assisted and not "free" like a drone as the avata etc.

Just to make sure you understood me right : I am not talking about gimbal FPV but about the combo with the fpv googles from dji ;-)

FPV mode on the mini drones even with the goggles is still just normal flight with the gimbal set not to keep level.   

FPV/Avata can fly assisted and FPV mode where the sticks work differently.
2-16 02:25
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2832844 ft
Italy

HI !!
I have been flying only and exclusively FPV for about 7 years first with the analogue system and since it came out with the DJI digital system.

The first question you need to ask yourself is what type of flying and filming do you want to do with your FPV drone?

Avata (which I own) is actually a good compromise when it comes to FPV flying and certainly a good base from which to start flying in FPV.

You will only have the best footage and flying experiences when flying in ACRO mode (which does not mean freestyle).

I advise you to use AVATA to gain experience until you have good manual skills in ACRO mode and please don't use the motion controller.....but the normal controller.

Once you master ACRO FPV flying, a world of possibilities awaits you.

Googles and DJI remote control can be used with the VTX O3 without problems.

You can then choose between many drone models according to your needs.

As for the problem of flying in A1-A3 or A2 (provided you have the required licenses), there are no problems here either.

There are now drone solutions (whoop or 3.5") that do not exceed 250gr and equipped with VTX O3 that free you from having to use, for example, a GoPro to take your shots.

In conclusion, use AVATA to learn to fly well and then you will have the various solutions based on your flight and filming needs!!

Greetings

Max90PayneFPV
2-16 04:18
Use props
MAF178
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

Kepnik how is Austria ?

There is a saying that says "Take it all or ask your friend girl friend"

My advice to you is DJI FPV i have zero issues with it. if i were you i will not buy the avata its a cinewhoop not as much fun as the freestyle.  

Good luck
2-16 06:20
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Italy

MAF178 Posted at 2-16 06:20
Kepnik how is Austria ?

There is a saying that says "Take it all or ask your friend girl friend"

HI !! Do you give DJI FPV? But really ?

To do what ? Freestyle?

I think you have a strange concept of freestyle!!
2-16 06:47
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The Mini is great for photos and if you want to fly without a spotter (in the EU you need a spotter when flying with goggles). Personally I see absolutely no sense in flying the Mini with goggles - harder to use the functions and slow to react - this is NOT an fpv drone. If you want to learn fpv the easy way get the Avata. It flies reasonably well and is easy to learn. If you master acro/manual mode with it, sell it and get a nice prebuilt 5" fpv-drone to fly further, faster, less restricted and with better quality (GoPro...).  The Avata is very usable on a trip (the only time I had a real problem was in a canyon where I didn't get GPS. I sold mine because I never fly it but then I started fpv 3 years ago...

I'd still recommend the Avata to beginners
2-16 07:27
Use props
MAF178
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

Max90payneFPV Posted at 2-16 06:47
HI !! Do you give DJI FPV? But really ?

To do what ? Freestyle?

Ask your mom how to cook mashed potatoes with cold salmon

The category is Freestyle
please spend some time learning what category you fly

just for your information .. the categories are
Tinywhoop - Cinewhoop - Freestyle  - LongRange fpv - Cinelifter and your mom potatoes Wahahaha

2-16 07:56
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Italy

MAF178 Posted at 2-16 07:56
Ask your mom how to cook mashed potatoes with cold salmon

HI !!!

I've been flying FPV for 7 years and not like you who play with Avata. You don't even know what real FPV flying is!!!

Have you ever done your own build?

Freestyle with the DJI FPV but please!!!

Go sell peanuts at the zoo
2-16 13:07
Use props
MAF178
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

Are you ok max90pain ? hello ?

Now i realized why some Drone rules in some countries ask for mental health check
FPV needs someone who controls his feelings and thats not you

Kepnik there is a saying that says
"Love has a high cost .. to reduce the cost let her lead" .. the worest thing in this hobby is you loose some love from the partner because its costy hobby, Time consuming and you need bigger space to host all the toys .. just dont keep alot of fpv drones with you

2-16 15:22
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Italy

MAF178 Posted at 2-16 15:22
Are you ok max90pain ? hello ?

Now i realized why some Drone rules in some countries ask for mental health check

The problem is that you are an idiot who understands nothing about real FPV flying!!

I just disputed your claim to freestyle with the DJI FPV which is definitely not a freestyle drone....

But since you don't understand anything about FPV, it's better to leave it alone!!!

And try to stop acting like a big man and always offending everyone!!
2-16 21:29
Use props
MAF178
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

Max90payneFPV Posted at 2-16 21:29
The problem is that you are an idiot who understands nothing about real FPV flying!!

I just disputed your claim to freestyle with the DJI FPV which is definitely not a freestyle drone....

you are swinging your flat transom left and right

2-17 01:20
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Italy

MAF178 Posted at 2-17 01:20
you are swinging your flat transom left and right

Dai grande pilota fammi vedere un bel video di vero freestyle fatto con il DJI FPV....
2-17 22:51
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules