A2 CofC Certificate to get around 150m ?
290 6 2-16 10:35
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trindleberry_pe
lvl.2

United Kingdom

i own the air 3

250g+ drone  now im very confused regarding the distance kept away ( 150m from  practially any residential building )  - i live in the countryside, and our village has around 100 people.

if we legally cant fly over 120m ( low flying aircraft ) - how can one get to 150m , to go over the village/ or a building ?
if you fly at the beach ( empty ) - then people come ( can you no longer fly , as they will get within the 150m range ) ?

back to the  a2 Cofc
will this actually give people (people that do it ) the ability to get closer ?

thank you!
2-16 10:35
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

150 meters horizontal distance, not counting in height.
But the Air 3 is C1 marked, so it can fly over cities if you own the A1/A3 certificate, which is mandatory to fly this drone.
2-16 10:52
Use props
trindleberry_pe
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Yaros1 Posted at 2-16 10:52
150 meters horizontal distance, not counting in height.
But the Air 3 is C1 marked, so it can fly over cities if you own the A1/A3 certificate, which is mandatory to fly this drone.

Is this in the uk though ? not sure if it switched to not include EU rules ?
2-16 11:09
Use props
Gazwas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27126 ft
United Kingdom

You need to take the A2 qualification.

Flying over the village is not permitted with a drone over 250g as it you’re not allowed to fly over uninvolved people so maximum height never comes in to the equation. You could ask everyone in your village for permission - Ha!

I personally feel  the rules around drones are pretty stupid currently.  How the CAA can lump together a 700g drone with the same rules as one weighing 25kg is a joke.
2-16 11:56
Use props
trindleberry_pe
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Gazwas Posted at 2-16 11:56
You need to take the A2 qualification.

Flying over the village is not permitted with a drone over 250g as it you’re not allowed to fly over uninvolved people so maximum height never comes in to the equation. You could ask everyone in your village for permission - Ha!

thanks! i did think this, im half way through the A2 .

its very strange indeed, they could of made it 110 meters, since we have a limit of 120meters .  
2-16 11:59
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Air 3 was initially marked as C1 drone certified. We suggest checking the regulatory information of your country to abide by the rules and regulations. After 01/01/2024, you can fly in the Open A2 category however, you need to have an A2 "Remote Piloting License" (For the license you can check with your local Civil Aviation Authorities which will have a list of certified examiners in your country. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us.
2-16 22:05
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

trindleberry_pe Posted at 2-16 11:59
thanks! i did think this, im half way through the A2 .  

its very strange indeed, they could of made it 110 meters, since we have a limit of 120meters .

You dont have a limit of 120m,   the drone only knows its altitude based on take off point,  so it can fly higher than 120m (as per the controller display) if the land under it increases height like flying up a hill.   

If you want more flexibility where you can fly a >250g drone have a look at article 16,  it doesn't require any additional exam and perfect if you are flying for fun.

If you want to fly over a town get a Mini drone,  even with the A2CofC you have to be 50m from where uncontrolled people could reasonably be which would be impossible over a town.

C markings mean nothing in the UK and not recognised.

2-17 02:11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules