Hyperlapse issues
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BVTV
lvl.1
United States

Hello,
This is my first post on this forum and hoping to find some solutions for my issues. I'll try to be clear and concise. I've been flying a few years, but not on a daily basis, so I'm still getting to know this Mavic 3 Classic. I've had it for just under 1 year.

I few days ago I was doing a morning sunrise hyperlapse with my Mavic 3 Classic using waypoints. I created 2 waypoints which was really just a straight line. The shot interval was every 5s, and the clip length was 20s. I don't recall the exact duration to complete this hyperlapse, but it was 20-25 minutes to complete. Once it was finished and the video was created, I went to see the playback of the clip. Playing the clip back there was a horrible camera jitter throughout the entire clip. The camera seemed to be shifting left to right very rapidly. The shot is completely unusable. I tried another hyperlapse the next morning, the only difference being a 10s long clip. It was also unusable.

There was little to no wind. I'm on all the latest firmware. The gimbal was calibrated.

Can anyone shed any light on what might be happening? I'm thinking this might be an internal issue, but maybe there is a setting I'm missing?

Something else I noticed, which may or may not be related. When using waypoints in normal video mode, the drone flys back to the 1st waypoint very aggressively and doesn't really settle. It just goes right into the programmed waypoint flight. The beginning of the where you want your clip to start is very jumpy. Again, not sure if it's related to my first issue.

Any help is very appreciated. Thanks, BVTV.
2-16 14:16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer using the link below and please refresh the firmware of both aircraft and remote controller. Also, If you are using the DJI RC-N1 remote controller (with a mobile device running the DJI Fly app), please reinstall the app on your mobile device. After doing the said troubleshooting, please have a test flight and perform a screen recording so we can check the behavior of the unit when flying. Lastly, if the issue persists, please provide us the screen recording and the footage showing the issue for further investigation. Please keep us posted. We appreciate your cooperation.

https://www.dji.com/global/downl ... sumer-drones-series
2-16 21:48
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Without seeing an example it's hard to diagnosed.   But did you run it through any stabilisation in post?     Theres a good guide here -
2-17 02:02
Use props
BVTV
lvl.1
United States

I appreciate your responses, and thank you DAFlys for the tutorial. All the firmware was updated prior to this. I did try putting the clip into Adobe Premiere and applying the warp stabalizer, but it didn't help. I was in a little bit of hurry because we were still shooting, so I will re-visit the stabalizer again. I'm attaching a clip here so you can see what I'm talking about. This link attachment is also a first, so hopefully it'll work. Thanks again, and any more feedback you have after watching the clip is appreciated. Cheers!
https://youtu.be/oRcErMaFyZs
2-17 18:23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules