300 7 2-17 12:23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans134cdc6b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12077694 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been flying on firmware 1.02.0200 on my DJI FPV and just recently it has stated that a firmware update is required to fly.  I cannot take off at all.  I don't want to update because of the remote ID requirement of having to connect mobile phone everytime I want to fly my drone to clear the remote ID error.  Is there a way to bypass the firmware update requirement and continue flying on my existing firmware?  or perhaps a way to update to a firmware just before the remote ID functionality was added?
2-17 12:23
Use props
djiuser_D2CE0Y8J0BqA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 332320 ft
United States

Try Drone Hacks.
2-17 12:43
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We highly recommend updating the firmware of your aircraft to the latest firmware to ensure flight safety and avoid any unknown issues. Flying without broadcasting remote ID may violate local rules and regulations. For more information about FAA remote ID, you may visit their official link below. We appreciate your understanding.

https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/remote_id/drone_pilots
2-17 20:39
Use props
fanseb003adc
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-17 20:39
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We highly recommend updating the firmware of your aircraft to the latest firmware to ensure flight safety and avoid any unknown issues. Flying without broadcasting remote ID may violate local rules and regulations. For more information about FAA remote ID, you may visit their official link below. We appreciate your understanding.

https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/remote_id/drone_pilots

Is there anyway to not have to connect my phone everytime I want to fly?
2-17 21:38
Use props
fanseb003adc
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I tried, but the goggles v2 isn't supported by dronehacks
2-17 21:39
Use props
dnddad324
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

fanseb003adc Posted at 2-17 21:38

If I were in your position, I would get the Goggles Integra that has the integrated remote ID and then sell the FPV Goggles V2. Especially with the recent price drop in the Goggles Integra (I suspect DJI is getting ready to drop new goggles soon) and also there is still a high demand for the FPV Goggles V2.
Also, you can use the Goggles Integra with your Mini 3 Pro.
2-18 05:10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fanseb003adc Posted at 2-17 21:38

Hi there. For DJI FPV, before flying in the current area, you are advised to connect your mobile phone to the goggles, please make sure the firmware version and app version have been updated to the latest. For mobile devices, it should allow the DJI Fly to obtain the location information and also needs to ensure that the DJI Fly app runs in the foreground. If you do not connect your mobile phone, you will not be able to take off (DJI Goggles Integra does not need to connect to a mobile device as it is with an internal GPS module). Please connect it before using the aircraft. Thank you for your understanding.
2-19 01:54
Use props
TT4400GG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 76250 ft
United States

Ain't that something - you bought it, but you can't use it without somebody else's permission.  It's not really yours now, is it?
2-19 18:58
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules