03 Air Unit powered directly into battery?!?!?
445 4 2-17 15:21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chris Feige
lvl.1

United States

Hey all, I am new to FPV and have been trying to figure out how to setup FPV on an airplane.  I have bought DJI googles V2, 03 air unit, Motionsic gimble and head tracker.  I do not want a flight controller but would rather power my air unit directly into its own dedicated battery.  My question is "How?"  Can anyone help or suggestions?  I would like to plug directly into a 3S.  Thank you ahead for your time and consideration.
2-17 15:21
Use props
TT4400GG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 76250 ft
United States

You can power an 03 directly from a 3s battery.  Via its 6 pin cable.  However, I have no idea how it will function without the FC.
2-19 19:00
Use props
Chris Feige
lvl.1

United States

Thank you! I have spoken with two others that have the DJI air unit and they cut their ribbon cable and left the ground and power wires and soldered a JST onto it. I have purchased and extra cable plus and extended one plus a Speedy bee wing FC. I may just for now use the FC as a power source.
2-20 04:14
Use props
djiuser_ZmlbK1gX7L1M
New

United States

Chris Feige Posted at 2-20 04:14
Thank you! I have spoken with two others that have the DJI air unit and they cut their ribbon cable and left the ground and power wires and soldered a JST onto it. I have purchased and extra cable plus and extended one plus a Speedy bee wing FC. I may just for now use the FC as a power source.

Hey Chris, did that work for you ? I'm kinda trying to do the same. Could you tell me what's the other cable you used ?
4-13 15:27
Use props
Chris Feige
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_ZmlbK1gX7L1M Posted at 4-13 15:27
Hey Chris, did that work for you ? I'm kinda trying to do the same. Could you tell me what's the other cable you used ?

Yes, it worked! First I bought a replacement just in case. Since I’m not using a flight controller I cut all the wires not needed except power and ground. I did find a wire guide and confirmed black and red was all I needed. I soldered on a jst to the end and purchased a on/off switch and placed between the battery  and air unit. The 03 can take up to 6c battery but I’m using a 2c. I put on the Motionsic BAG and their head tracker. I had problems with my NX8 and had to send it in before I finished the complete setup but the camera worked and was bound to my googles v2. I also found this on Amazon which dogfightFPV.com is using
https://www.amazon.com/Remote-Controlled-Electronic-Switch-Relay/dp/B08FLVGTXQ?th=1
https://fpvdogfight.com/products/motionsic-b-a-g-badass-gimbal
4-15 02:13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules