A summer Day in Winter
262 12 2-17 16:57
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
2sticks
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131355 ft
United States

I usually do my filming in D-Log but after reading an earlier post regarding using HLG I decided to give it a go on my M4P. I like the results, except I did need to dial down the saturation, especally the sky. We winter down on the gulf of Texas where the days are warmer that the 10 degrees at home.

2-17 16:57
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1859232 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wonderful video and colors.  Are you using Davinci Resolve Studio?  If so, do you mind sharing your settings?
2-17 17:17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lovely views along the coastline.    Reminds me of my time at South Padre Island.  
2-18 06:18
Use props
2sticks
lvl.4
United States

smbishop Posted at 2-17 17:17
Wonderful video and colors.  Are you using Davinci Resolve Studio?  If so, do you mind sharing your settings?

I use DR and I like many of the features that FCP does not have, but I mostly use FCP as the digital assets are much cheaper and can be purchased. I'm not a big fan of subscriptions and that seems to be the best digital assets for RD are by subscription. That said, most of my post production dolor grading centered around desaturating colors to more accurately reflect true colors. I used Hue/Saturation Curves and Color Wheels on the sky, water and grasses. All the transitions. were done by stacking and overlapping clips and key framing the opacity to fade in or out. If I was to say I prefer LOG over HLG, I would say HLG over saturates the blues to the level that it removes detail in clouds. But, HLG does seem to retain some detail in the highlights that LOG washes out.

Glad you liked it, thanks for your comment.
2-18 06:50
Use props
2sticks
lvl.4
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-18 06:18
Lovely views along the coastline.    Reminds me of my time at South Padre Island.

Thanks, not so crowded during winter in Port A, except during spring break.
2-18 06:52
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

2sticks Posted at 2-18 06:52
Thanks, not so crowded during winter in Port A, except during spring break.

You're very welcome.  No doubt Port A gets very crowded during Spring break.  
2-19 03:07
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks very nice.
3-10 01:37
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

2sticks Posted at 2-18 06:50
I use DR and I like many of the features that FCP does not have, but I mostly use FCP as the digital assets are much cheaper and can be purchased. I'm not a big fan of subscriptions and that seems to be the best digital assets for RD are by subscription. That said, most of my post production dolor grading centered around desaturating colors to more accurately reflect true colors. I used Hue/Saturation Curves and Color Wheels on the sky, water and grasses. All the transitions. were done by stacking and overlapping clips and key framing the opacity to fade in or out. If I was to say I prefer LOG over HLG, I would say HLG over saturates the blues to the level that it removes detail in clouds. But, HLG does seem to retain some detail in the highlights that LOG washes out.

Glad you liked it, thanks for your comment.

DR studio is pay once right?
Which assets are by subscription?
3-10 01:38
Use props
2sticks
lvl.4
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 3-10 01:38
DR studio is pay once right?
Which assets are by subscription?

Yes DR is a pay once and is quite robust as is. But if you want special transitions or effects or text there’s not many options to purchase those, especially in 4K and up. Motion Array is popular but the there is a monthly subscription fee. With FCPX there are several options to purchase those items I mentioned for the cost of a few months of subscription fees and then you own it. Like I mentioned earlier the free version of DR is plenty robust to meet the needs for video editing.
3-10 07:19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

2sticks Posted at 3-10 07:19
Yes DR is a pay once and is quite robust as is. But if you want special transitions or effects or text there’s not many options to purchase those, especially in 4K and up. Motion Array is popular but the there is a monthly subscription fee. With FCPX there are several options to purchase those items I mentioned for the cost of a few months of subscription fees and then you own it. Like I mentioned earlier the free version of DR is plenty robust to meet the needs for video editing.

Ah ok, like 3rd party additions.
3-10 07:52
Use props
2sticks
lvl.4
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 3-10 07:52
Ah ok, like 3rd party additions.

That’s right.
3-10 08:02
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Check. I have looked around and indeed a lot come with subscription models.
Not for me then.
3-10 09:17
Use props
FlyNow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1551033 ft
Canada

Great spot, ocean is moving!
3-24 10:37
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now