Can you pay for a Mini 3 Pro foggy lens fix?
262 3 2-17 20:14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

I just 'reached out' to DJI support about my lens fogging problem and got a non-answer -> fill out the support form.

I went to chat on the major retail store, and they said it was a known issue, and DJI was working on finding solutions. *cough*

Has anyone here managed to get it fixed, or is it a reason to dump the drone and move on to the Mini 4 Pro?

Temperature  is 29C and 61% humidity, so any time I put the drone up, I get lens  fog. Ive had fog at various times, and thought it was fires somewhere.

vlcsnap-2024-02-18-14h28m07s988.jpg
2-17 20:14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. You can send it back to DJI for inspection. Please use this link to get directed: https://service.dji.com/device/detail?lang=en&re=us. The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. You will receive an email with a quotation once the drone is received then continue with the payment (if not covered by the warranty). We appreciate your patience. Have a great day ahead.
2-17 20:29
Use props
bxq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3139314 ft
Poland

i'm getting this 'foggy' issue but only on dji wide angle lens - got it replaced to a new one but it has the exact same issue reproduced
2-18 06:19
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

bxq Posted at 2-18 06:19
i'm getting this 'foggy' issue but only on dji wide angle lens - got it replaced to a new one but it has the exact same issue reproduced

I'm keeping the drone in silica gel for a while. I've got it down to 32% Relative Humidity.  (66% RH in this room.)

I think the camera gets full of water and then if you fly it up high in cloudy weather, it's 5C colder up there, and there is no sun heating up the camera.

5 celsius should only raise RH by 15% inside the camera, so there is obviously some excess water making its way around near the lens.

Silica Gel is fairly cheap these days. I got some blue stuff this time, because I'm never really sure when to put it back in the oven. I have a humidity meter, which I leave in there.

silica.jpg
2-19 20:21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules