Are all P4Pv2.0 software upgradable RID?
413 3 2-18 15:17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WInged Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1077618 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've seen threads (one on this forum) and published stories suggesting that P4P V2.0's can be software upgraded to support RID. I own one and have upgraded to all the latest software - Drone, controller, DJIGo etc. and no go.

Are all P4PV2.0's supposed to be upgradable or Certain newer ones? If not, is there a serial number list or production date that I can check?

-Rich

2-18 15:17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. For an aircraft with a 14-digit SN, Remote ID SN=1581F + 14-digit flight controller SN + 0, and the total number of digits is also 20. To make sure the RID is working, you can follow the procedures below:
1. Check whether the aircraft firmware has been upgraded to a version that supports FAA Remote ID (Mavic 2: V01.00.0797; Phantom 4 Pro V2.0: V01.00.70.17);
2. Check whether the DJI Go 4 app has been upgraded to the latest version.
3. Check whether the mobile device location permission is turned on, it needs to be turned on.
4. Check whether the App location permission is allowed, permission is required.
5. Make sure to test in an open outdoor area with a strong GPS signal, please avoid testing indoors or in a closed space. A weak GPS signal will cause the RID to be unable to broadcast normally.
Have a nice day.
2-18 19:56
Use props
WInged Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1077618 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony,

Thank you for responding.

This has been resolved.

Number '5' was the issue, outdoors and good GPS was what I was missing.

It is important to note that if the aircraft is not getting good GPS reception there is not only no Remote ID SN displayed on the 'About' page but no notation that one even exists, the entire line for Remote ID SN disappears. Then reappears when GPS is sufficient.

Thank you again for your help.

-Rich
2-19 09:22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

WInged Eye Posted at 2-19 09:22
DJI Tony,

Thank you for responding.

You are most welcome. I will forward your feedback to the relevant team to help us improve the app. Thank you for your valued support. Have a great day ahead.
2-20 01:02
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules