How to Color Grade Osmo Pocket 3 HLG in DaVinci Resolve [tutorial]
1189 16 2-20 00:03
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JasonTheRoberts
lvl.3
Australia

How to use Pocket 3 HLG for color grading in DaVinci Resolve: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kX-0Ynfh7C4

Untitled-1.png

2-20 00:03
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1859232 ft
  • >>>
United States

This was an excellent tutorial.  I really like your presentation style.  I can't wait to try this out!  Will you be putting something together for exporting to HLG?  Thanks!
2-20 05:26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Superb tutorial Jason.  
2-20 16:38
Use props
JasonTheRoberts
lvl.3
Australia

smbishop Posted at 2-20 05:26
This was an excellent tutorial.  I really like your presentation style.  I can't wait to try this out!  Will you be putting something together for exporting to HLG?  Thanks!

Thanks Yeah a few people have asked for a tutorial on that
2-20 17:12
Use props
JasonTheRoberts
lvl.3
Australia

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-20 16:38
Superb tutorial Jason.

Thanks so much - appreciate that
2-20 17:12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

JasonTheRoberts Posted at 2-20 17:12
Thanks so much - appreciate that

You're most welcome.  Looking forward to seeing your next video.  
2-21 02:58
Use props
MTV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3281 ft
Netherlands

great video, still need to make myself familiar with Davinci Resolve. also shooting in HLG and would like to export as well to HLG with the adjusted color grading
2-21 05:35
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237733 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Can you tell why you need the two CST nodes? DaVinci Resolve 18.6 can do all these conversions for you in the Color Management project settings:
2-21 18:22
Use props
djiuser_okHwM0EheFOB
lvl.1

Czechia

utkin Posted at 2-21 18:22
Can you tell why you need the two CST nodes? DaVinci Resolve 18.6 can do all these conversions for you in the Color Management project settings:
[view_image]

Perfect!! In Timeline is the color of OK-But in the preview is HLG. Can I change it?
2-22 00:43
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237733 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

djiuser_okHwM0EheFOB Posted at 2-22 00:43
Perfect!! In Timeline is the color of OK-But in the preview is HLG. Can I change it?

you can use 4K mini monitor + HLG capable display which is the best option. Alternatively, you can use monitor LUT but how would you say that your grading is good? The same concern is when you use CST so the best way is to properly monitor via DaVinci monitoring devices.
2-22 06:05
Use props
JasonTheRoberts
lvl.3
Australia

MTV Posted at 2-21 05:35
great video, still need to make myself familiar with Davinci Resolve. also shooting in HLG and would like to export as well to HLG with the adjusted color grading

A few people have asked for a video on that - I'll see if I can get it done
2-22 16:07
Use props
JasonTheRoberts
lvl.3
Australia

utkin Posted at 2-21 18:22
[view_image]

There are 2 high level workflows you can use, one is Color Managed and the other is non Color Managed - neither of them is right or wrong just different I show both approaches in this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DPYopzaAn4k
2-22 16:09
Use props
MTV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3281 ft
Netherlands

JasonTheRoberts Posted at 2-22 16:09
There are 2 high level workflows you can use, one is Color Managed and the other is non Color Managed - neither of them is right or wrong just different I show both approaches in this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DPYopzaAn4k

thanks, i'm looking into it. I'm checking this into the free version, to make myself familiar before i buy the product.

Edit: i see that i can't get hlg outputted with the free version. Although the file detatils mentioned it, my tv says uhd only. With the source file is show uhd/hlg. Guess this is one of the downsides of the free version.

Edit 2: meanwhile bought the studio version of Davinci and now HLG/HDR output is being produced.
2-24 05:11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks man. Very helpful. I'll save it for when I get the Pocket 3
3-12 09:29
Use props
JasonTheRoberts
lvl.3
Australia

MTV Posted at 2-24 05:11
thanks, i'm looking into it. I'm checking this into the free version, to make myself familiar before i buy the product.

Edit: i see that i can't get hlg outputted with the free version. Although the file detatils mentioned it, my tv says uhd only. With the source file is show uhd/hlg. Guess this is one of the downsides of the free version.

Glad you got it sorted
3-20 13:32
Use props
JasonTheRoberts
lvl.3
Australia

Montfrooij Posted at 3-12 09:29
Thanks man. Very helpful. I'll save it for when I get the Pocket 3

You're welcome - hope you get your pocket 3 soon
3-20 13:32
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

JasonTheRoberts Posted at 3-20 13:32
You're welcome - hope you get your pocket 3 soon

It will take 2 years I guess. But that's ok.
3-21 01:13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules