Forgotten Villages - Haza in Burgos
287 23 2-20 03:50
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Discover Spain
Second Officer

United States

Haza, a small historical jewel perched atop a hill overlooking the peaceful plain of the river Riaza, in the picturesque region of Ribera del Duero, in the province of Burgos, Spain. Its history has been intertwined with the vicissitudes of the Iberian Peninsula since time immemorial, witnessing the succession of civilisations and events that have left a deep mark on its landscape and its people.

The origins of Haza go back to times before the Castilian expansion, with archaeological evidence revealing occupation from the Hispano-Visigothic period. However, it was in the 10th century that this small town acquired crucial strategic importance, becoming a bastion in the defensive line of the Duero during the Christian advance. Rebuilt between the 12th and 15th centuries, its imposing castle stands as a symbol of its resistance and determination in the face of Muslim attacks and the political tensions of the time.

The fortified complex of Haza, which encompasses the entire hamlet, is a living testimony to its turbulent history and its importance as a centre of military power during the Middle Ages. From its walls, the Duero and Riaza valleys were controlled, being the scene of battles and heroic deeds that have been shot in the collective memory of its inhabitants.

But Haza is not only history. It is also a place of natural beauty and rural charm. Its privileged location offers breathtaking panoramic views of the region and the plain of the River Riaza, which captivate all those who are lucky enough to behold them. Furthermore, its surroundings are dotted with vineyards that produce some of the best wines of the Ribera del Duero appellation, adding a touch of gastronomic exquisiteness to the experience of visiting this idyllic corner of Burgos.

In short, Haza is much more than just a village. It is a historical and cultural treasure that invites you to immerse yourself in its cobbled streets, explore its ancient walls and let yourself be seduced by the magic of its landscape and its people. It is a destination that captures the hearts of those who discover it and leaves an indelible impression in their memories.

Haza, today, is a quiet and peaceful place that is home to a small community of residents. According to data from the National Statistics Institute (INE) for the year 2023, Haza has a population of approximately 29 inhabitants. This number reflects the rural nature and low population density that characterises many of the small towns in the province of Burgos.

Despite its small size, Haza retains its charm and rich history, attracting visitors looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the city and enjoy the tranquillity of rural surroundings.

2-20 03:50
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

What an amazing location and so rich in history.    I'm guessing that most of the 29 inhabitants are elderly.  Kids nowadays don't seem to appreciate the tranquility that a small town offers.  Also the drawback of lack of services and jobs seems like an enticement for younger people to move to a larger town.  
2-20 04:21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fantastically captured.   
2-20 04:24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Splendidly done. Great background historical detail too. Nice work.
2-20 06:08
Use props
Codgerzh2
First Officer
Flight distance : 15567024 ft
United Kingdom

What a beautiful looking town
2-20 11:43
Use props
Discover Spain
Second Officer

United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-20 04:21
What an amazing location and so rich in history.    I'm guessing that most of the 29 inhabitants are elderly.  Kids nowadays don't seem to appreciate the tranquility that a small town offers.  Also the drawback of lack of services and jobs seems like an enticement for younger people to move to a larger town.

Indeed, you make a great observation. Many medieval and well-preserved villages are indeed managing to survive thanks to tourism. However, there's a counter sense to it: the people who live in these places often do so either because they have no other option or because they cherish the tranquility these villages offer. Interestingly, this particular village isn't touristy at all; it's relatively unknown. This adds to its charm and authenticity, making it a hidden gem for those who appreciate the quiet beauty of such places. Thanks for highlighting this aspect!
2-21 01:09
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Discover Spain Posted at 2-21 01:09
Indeed, you make a great observation. Many medieval and well-preserved villages are indeed managing to survive thanks to tourism. However, there's a counter sense to it: the people who live in these places often do so either because they have no other option or because they cherish the tranquility these villages offer. Interestingly, this particular village isn't touristy at all; it's relatively unknown. This adds to its charm and authenticity, making it a hidden gem for those who appreciate the quiet beauty of such places. Thanks for highlighting this aspect!

It's my pleasure.  I really enjoy your videos.  Keep up the fantastic work.  
2-21 03:17
Use props
Discover Spain
Second Officer

Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 2-20 04:24
Fantastically captured.

Thank you for your kind words! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed the video. Haza village truly is a hidden gem nestled in the picturesque countryside of Burgos.
I hope this glimpse into Haza's beauty has inspired you to explore Spain's lesser-known treasures.  I'm delighted to have shared a piece of Haza's magic with you!
2-22 01:23
Use props
Discover Spain
Second Officer

Sweden

Blériot53 Posted at 2-20 06:08
Splendidly done. Great background historical detail too. Nice work.

Thank you very much! I'm delighted you enjoyed the video and found the historical details interesting
2-22 01:26
Use props
Discover Spain
Second Officer

Sweden

Codgerzh2 Posted at 2-20 11:43
What a beautiful looking town

Thank you! Haza truly is a picturesque town with its charming streets and historic architecture. I'm glad you found it beautiful. If you have any questions about the town or if there's anything specific you'd like to know, feel free to ask!
2-22 01:27
Use props
Discover Spain
Second Officer

Sweden

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-21 03:17
It's my pleasure.  I really enjoy your videos.  Keep up the fantastic work.

Thank you so much for your kind words and support! I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoy my videos. I'll do my best to keep creating content that you'll love. If you have any suggestions or topics you'd like to see in future videos, feel free to let me know. Thanks again for watching!
2-22 01:28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Discover Spain Posted at 2-22 01:26
Thank you very much! I'm delighted you enjoyed the video and found the historical details interesting

My pleasure
2-22 01:37
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Discover Spain Posted at 2-22 01:28
Thank you so much for your kind words and support! I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoy my videos. I'll do my best to keep creating content that you'll love. If you have any suggestions or topics you'd like to see in future videos, feel free to let me know. Thanks again for watching!

I have no doubt you'll create some more amazing videos.  You know your country the best and really how to present it in the best way.  I especially like that you always add a little history for the locations.  
2-22 03:31
Use props
Discover Spain
Second Officer

United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-22 03:31
I have no doubt you'll create some more amazing videos.  You know your country the best and really how to present it in the best way.  I especially like that you always add a little history for the locations.

According to the number of views my YouTube videos have. It's a pity there aren't more people who think like you

Thanks, you make my day!
2-22 04:27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Discover Spain Posted at 2-22 04:27
According to the number of views my YouTube videos have. It's a pity there aren't more people who think like you

Thanks, you make my day!

A lot of the YT channels are just niche channels that only try to appeal to a small group of people.  I like that you are promoting visiting your country.  I probably mentioned before but I've visited 64 different countries but Spain still remains one of my favorite ones.  I'll make it back there once again for sure.  Until then I'll just enjoy it through your amazing videos.  
2-22 14:22
Use props
Discover Spain
Second Officer

United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-22 14:22
A lot of the YT channels are just niche channels that only try to appeal to a small group of people.  I like that you are promoting visiting your country.  I probably mentioned before but I've visited 64 different countries but Spain still remains one of my favorite ones.  I'll make it back there once again for sure.  Until then I'll just enjoy it through your amazing videos.

Then we will have to continue creating videos of beautiful places in Spain.

Thanks for your kind words!
2-23 02:42
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Discover Spain Posted at 2-23 02:42
Then we will have to continue creating videos of beautiful places in Spain.

Thanks for your kind words!

My pleasure.  Looking forward to enjoying your next video.
2-23 04:20
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5039731 ft
  • >>>
United States

BEautiful views of theseold mountaintop villages.
2-23 17:28
Use props
Discover Spain
Second Officer

United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-23 17:28
BEautiful views of theseold mountaintop villages.

Thanks for watch and comment but only a single village appears in the video.
2-27 01:11
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5039731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Discover Spain Posted at 2-27 01:11
Thanks for watch and comment but only a single village appears in the video.

That makes sense. Thanks.
2-27 04:44
Use props
Discover Spain
Second Officer

United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-27 04:44
That makes sense. Thanks.

I suppose rather more than thinking it was several villages
2-28 03:06
Use props
Montfrooij