Authorization Zone
501 12 2-20 10:48
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CaptCrunch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10873 ft
United States

New Mini 2 SE user here. Made my first few flights around my yard yesterday with only a few glitches, probably user error. So this morning I wanted to practice again in the exact same location but couldn't take off. It's now saying I'm in an "Authorization Zone" and need to "Unlock to take off". So I click the unlock button and agree/confirm (and reconfirm) a few statements. And I get the "Unlocking successful" screen. I click "Done" and try to take off again. Then up-pops the "Unlock to take off" screen again. And I'm stuck in a loop.

How do I get this thing to unlock?

And yes, I'm being careful. Several miles away from nearest airport etc. and even set my max altitude at 49'.
Even trying to just spin the props without taking off inside my own house is a no go. It's acting like it did before I figured out how to "activate" it. It just sits there blinking its tail light. No prop spin.
I really don't want to sell my home and move to a different city just so I can fly a drone around my backyard.
Is there a work around for this? And why didn't I have this problem yesterday??
Thanks in advance for any help with this.

2-20 10:48
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

hi. Sorry about the trouble. Please try unlocking it on the website instead. You can use this link:  https://www.dji.com/flysafe/custom-unlock. You can refer to the DJI Help Center to be guided, here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/help/cont ... ;paperDocType=paper. Thank you for your patience.
2-20 20:10
Use props
CaptCrunch
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-20 20:10
hi. Sorry about the trouble. Please try unlocking it on the website instead. You can use this link:  https://www.dji.com/flysafe/custom-unlock. You can refer to the DJI Help Center to be guided, here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/help/content?customId=en-us03400006732&spaceId=34&re=US&lang=en&documentType=artical&paperDocType=paper. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you. I should be able to do this when I get some time in the next few days. Although I'm stumped at the moment on requirement #5.
"5. Official documentation from the local aviation department or the airport showing your authorization to fly in the restricted zone."
I'm currently not authorized by anyone so I'm not sure how to deal with that requirement. I'm not even sure I'm in a restricted zone.
I can provide the first 4 pieces of info though.
Thanks for the help with this.  And any further advice or hints or tips will be appreciated.
2-20 22:14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check the fly safe map to see if you are in a restricted area - https://fly-safe.dji.com/home
2-21 01:16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

CaptCrunch Posted at 2-20 22:14
Thank you. I should be able to do this when I get some time in the next few days. Although I'm stumped at the moment on requirement #5.
"5. Official documentation from the local aviation department or the airport showing your authorization to fly in the restricted zone."
I'm currently not authorized by anyone so I'm not sure how to deal with that requirement. I'm not even sure I'm in a restricted zone.

Hi there. You are most welcome. It is required if you are planning to fly inside a restricted zone or a Red zone. You can get it from your local aviation department/airport/other related department. Have a nice day.
2-21 03:13
Use props
CaptCrunch
lvl.2
United States

Thanks y'all.
Using the Fly Safe map, looks like I'm outside the Restricted zone (flight path) which is what I was thinking. But I'm still inside an Authorization zone of which I was unaware. Then there's a Warning zone even farther out from that. And then a separate batch of zones around another airport so far away I hadn't even considered it. Now I'm surprised I was able to do my first few flights the other day. lol!  Just got lucky I guess.
Anyhow, maybe I'll have time to get this request done this coming weekend. Thanks for all the help.  :-)  
2-21 07:40
Use props
CaptCrunch
lvl.2
United States

Got my request in and I'm flying again. Not sure I did the map part right but I must have gotten it right enough cuz the whole process from start to finish went off jiffy quick.
Thanks again for the help.  :-)
2-24 17:48
Use props
2sticks
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131355 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-20 20:10
hi. Sorry about the trouble. Please try unlocking it on the website instead. You can use this link:  https://www.dji.com/flysafe/custom-unlock. You can refer to the DJI Help Center to be guided, here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/help/content?customId=en-us03400006732&spaceId=34&re=US&lang=en&documentType=artical&paperDocType=paper. Thank you for your patience.

If I’m flying in a Class_ airspace that has, or requires LAANC approval that gives me FAA authorization to fly within the area I requested and at a specific max altitude at a specified time and duration. Does the DJI Fly-Safe only there to protect DJI, or, does it actually link to provide FAA authorization and up to date intell on the mission. Asking for a friend .
2-24 18:34
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

CaptCrunch Posted at 2-24 17:48
Got my request in and I'm flying again. Not sure I did the map part right but I must have gotten it right enough cuz the whole process from start to finish went off jiffy quick.
Thanks again for the help.  :-)

Awesome. We are glad you finally got it sorted. You can always reach us if you need further assistance. Thank you for your valued support.
2-25 03:22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

2sticks Posted at 2-24 18:34
If I’m flying in a Class_ airspace that has, or requires LAANC approval that gives me FAA authorization to fly within the area I requested and at a specific max altitude at a specified time and duration. Does the DJI Fly-Safe only there to protect DJI, or, does it actually link to provide FAA authorization and up to date intell on the mission. Asking for a friend .

Hi, 2sticks. Thank you for reaching out. Let me forward this to the related team to check. I will get back to you with an update. Thank you for your patience.
2-25 03:23
Use props
2sticks
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131355 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-25 03:23
Hi, 2sticks. Thank you for reaching out. Let me forward this to the related team to check. I will get back to you with an update. Thank you for your patience.

For recreational and commercial pilots planning a mission the use of an app called AIR CONTROL should be your first level of information. It is quite robust and includes surrounding class airspace, altitude restrictions, LAANC approval if available at that airspace. It provides all necessary weather conditions, wind speed, visibility, cloud cover and ceiling at AGL and more.  If I’m inside a class designated airspace I always check the TFRs,  https://tfr.faa.gov/tfr2/list.jsp to insure ther are no Temporary Flight Restrictions for that area.  Also, there is a new app that has been introduced by Pilot Institute that has joined with Air Control that provides the pilot the ability to register their mission which anonymously shares your flight mission with others that might be in the area. Of coarse the person must be referring to the app to see your flight info.  I can see DJI identifying areas like federal, state and local parks, and explicitly restricted no fly zones as a GEO lock, for me that’s a no brainer. Following the rules are as important but following the right rules are the safest.
2-25 10:09
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

2sticks Posted at 2-25 10:09
For recreational and commercial pilots planning a mission the use of an app called AIR CONTROL should be your first level of information. It is quite robust and includes surrounding class airspace, altitude restrictions, LAANC approval if available at that airspace. It provides all necessary weather conditions, wind speed, visibility, cloud cover and ceiling at AGL and more.  If I’m inside a class designated airspace I always check the TFRs,  https://tfr.faa.gov/tfr2/list.jsp to insure ther are no Temporary Flight Restrictions for that area.  Also, there is a new app that has been introduced by Pilot Institute that has joined with Air Control that provides the pilot the ability to register their mission which anonymously shares your flight mission with others that might be in the area. Of coarse the person must be referring to the app to see your flight info.  I can see DJI identifying areas like federal, state and local parks, and explicitly restricted no fly zones as a GEO lock, for me that’s a no brainer. Following the rules are as important but following the right rules are the safest.

We appreciate your feedback. The relevant team has not responded yet. I will give you an update once they respond. Thank you,
2-26 03:05
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

2sticks Posted at 2-24 18:34
If I’m flying in a Class_ airspace that has, or requires LAANC approval that gives me FAA authorization to fly within the area I requested and at a specific max altitude at a specified time and duration. Does the DJI Fly-Safe only there to protect DJI, or, does it actually link to provide FAA authorization and up to date intell on the mission. Asking for a friend .

Thank you for patiently waiting. Sorry, no. The FAA approved DJI as a LAANC UAS Service Supplier in 2018, but this service is not developed completely yet. We currently can't provide the date when we can supply this service. We are still working on building a system to connect the LAANC system and our GEO system. Your kind understanding will be highly appreciated.
2-27 03:06
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules