Problem to install the assistant software on my iMac OS X 10.8
4402 12 2014-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
enzo
New

Germany

Hello everybody,

I´ve bought an new DJI Phantom Vision + last week. So it´s absolutely new. The point is that I´ve a problem to install the assistant software on my iMac OS X 10.8.

When finishing all steps - after downloading the software, right mouse cklick the assistant software icon, then clicking on "open", then clicking on "skip" on the first little grey window, the software doesn´t start - instead of starting it appears a message saying that there is a problem with the software and so it was closed unexpected. I tried it several times, with both versions 3.6 + 3.4. It doens´t work.

I also installed the Phantom RC Assistant Software v1.1 - it works without a problem.

I called the DJI support in Germany, but they told me, that they don´t have experience with an apple computer. They only can help me when I use a windows one.

So, I really need help...

Can you please help me?

Thanks a lot for a feedback.

Best regards

Enzo

2014-12-11
Use props
skymaker6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49009 ft
United States

I am using version 3.2 on a iMac OS x 10.95, so I am not sure why you have the issue. But I also have a PC that I am using as well. With any luck, other iMac user will help as well. Good Luck
2014-12-11
Use props
enzo
New

Germany

skymaker6@gmail Posted at 2014-12-11 21:55
I am using version 3.2 on a iMac OS x 10.95, so I am not sure why you have the issue. But I also hav ...

Thanks a lot skymaker,

I hope there is an iMac user here who is abel 2 help me...
2014-12-11
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why not just try the current version? It is running fine on my iMac.
Screen Shot 2014-12-11 at 10.33.08 AM.png
2014-12-11
Use props
doug
lvl.2
Flight distance : 309478 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tony@CVP Posted at 2014-12-11 23:35
Why not just try the current version? It is running fine on my iMac.

Try completely removing the software first, by dragging it to the trash, and then re-install. The DJI installer doesn't do a good job of removing the old software.

Also, be sure that you're plugged into the Phantom's USB plug, not the one for the camera, and be sure it's ON. It seem simple, but folks have missed that in the past.

I have MAC, and I've never had an issue with the Software Assistant, other than it might be a tad  glitchie to install unless you removed the old version first.
good luck
2014-12-11
Use props
bhoglundwasabi
lvl.1

United States

Having the exact same issue today enzo. No issues installing the RC and updating. Tried some of what the other users recommended and did not work.

Let us know what you find out and in the mean time I will also keep trying. Should I find out why ill let you know
2014-12-11
Use props
DJI-szz
lvl.1

China

hello,  enzo.
had you try to install in another imac,and test that whether the same thing happen?
i seems that many imac user can install and use the software normally.
2014-12-12
Use props
DJI-szz
lvl.1

China

Dear enzo,
hello, anylsis and solution as below:
The fact is that iMac OS X 10.8, this version is low and the assistant software can not support it.
That's why you can't use the assistant software. DJI suggest you to upgrade to Mac OS X 10.9  or higher version.

So please do a test after upgrade you Mac system.and tell us the result.
Thank you very much!

2014-12-12
Use props
DJI-szz
lvl.1

China

bhoglundwasabi@ Posted at 2014-12-12 06:18
Having the exact same issue today enzo. No issues installing the RC and updating. Tried some of what ...

Hello ,dude,
can you tell me the version of your iMac?
If the version is lower than OS X 10.9, you will unable to use the assistant software.
2014-12-12
Use props
bhoglundwasabi
lvl.1

United States

DJI-szz Posted at 2014-12-12 18:17
Hello ,dude,
can you tell me the version of your iMac?
If the version is lower than OS X 10.9, you ...

LOL thank you. I see the problem. Ill try to use my PC and load the assistant. It meets the requirements.
2014-12-12
Use props
bymac77
lvl.2
Portugal

I have 2 macs.
On my iMac with 10.9.5 it runs fine.
On my mac Air with 10.7.5 I have the exact same problem as you.
I'll update the Air tonight
2014-12-12
Use props
DJI-szz
lvl.1

China

bhoglundwasabi@ Posted at 2014-12-13 01:16
LOL thank you. I see the problem. Ill try to use my PC and load the assistant. It meets the requir ...

My pleasure!
2014-12-14
Use props
enzo
New

Germany

Hello everybodey,

thx a lot for your help!

@ bhoglundwasabi + everybody who want 2 know how I solve the problem:

In deed, I had 2 update my iMac - so I install OS X Yosemite.

Now it works!

2014-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules