Controller Display Problems
213 4 2-20 17:16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chascoop
lvl.1

United States

Newbie here.
With the Mini 2 SE you use your phone for your display. My problem is when flying in bright sunlight (we're in Mexico and get plenty of bright, sunny days) I cannot see well because the display is far too dark. I've already used all the "brightening" techniques available on the phone (Google Pixel 6 Pro) and the dislay is still too dark.

Has anyone experienced this problem of their display being too dark to fly the drone safely? I had thought of purchasing a used phone with a brighter display for the sole purpose of flying the drone, but I'm concerned that I might purchase the phone and find out I still have the same problem.

Thanks for any advice.
2-20 17:16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for sharing your query with us. You may consider moving to a spot wherein there's no direct sunlight to avoid glare and also, you may consider purchasing an accessory that will help to reduce direct contact with sunlight such as the DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller Monitor Hood I hope this information helps. Thank you for your support.
2-20 21:53
Use props
Chascoop
lvl.1

United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2-20 17:48
Either find a place to stand in shade,  use a sunshield for the display, or bring along one of those big umbrellas to create a personal shady spot.

Thanks for the reply. Finding shade will depend on the surroundings but some sort of sun shielding might help.
2-21 06:43
Use props
Chascoop
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-20 21:53
Hi, there. Thank you for sharing your query with us. You may consider moving to a spot wherein there's no direct sunlight to avoid glare and also, you may consider purchasing an accessory that will help to reduce direct contact with sunlight such as the DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller Monitor Hood I hope this information helps. Thank you for your support.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to look into the hood.
2-21 06:44
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Chascoop Posted at 2-21 06:44
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to look into the hood.

Happy to help! Please feel free to reach us anytime.
2-22 21:12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules