Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI TERRA MISSING PART OF LIDAR MISSION
322 6 2-21 01:29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sfgt
lvl.2
Greece

Hello.
I noticed that after las creation process in dji terra a part of the mission was not created as it looks in the attached photo.

During mission (M350 RTK with L2 15m/s speed, height 55m above take off point, 5 returns in non-repetitive scanning mode, 60% side overlap) i could see the point cloud in live view on controller for the specific area.

The photogrammetry (visible light) mission created normally.

Is it a software problem (DJI TERRA) or something went wrong with mission parameters?

DJI TERRA PROBLEM.JPG
2-21 01:29
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

Did you specify a distance range for your point cloud processing? Is the terrain flat? We had once this and we were too restrictive on the points range in DJI Terra.
2-21 04:42
Use props
sfgt
lvl.2
Greece

Yes I did.
The range values was 3m to 300m by default.
The terrain surface generally has a gentle slope and in the north (in the tree covered area) the slope is steeper. You can see the area on google earth (39.918133,21.627506).
2-21 04:59
Use props
Panph
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5322589 ft
  • >>>
Italy

It can be the distance cut as AR sayd, or looks like a positioning error. Once i processed L1 dataset with RTK errors and were looking the same. Check the quality report of the mission, but pretty sure RTK Fault.
You can fix PPKing the dataset, with a rinex, if available.
2-21 04:59
Use props
sfgt
lvl.2
Greece

Panph Posted at 2-21 04:59
It can be the distance cut as AR sayd, or looks like a positioning error. Once i processed L1 dataset with RTK errors and were looking the same. Check the quality report of the mission, but pretty sure RTK Fault.

I saw the quality report and during the mission the rtk was fix.
Also in .mrk file all values in the last column has the value 50 which means fix solution.
I will try to use the rinex file from the gnss receiver that i used as base to see if there is any difference but i don't think so
2-21 05:29
Use props
fanse68b7f05
lvl.3
Flight distance : 476867 ft
  • >>>
United States

Panph Posted at 2-21 04:59
It can be the distance cut as AR sayd, or looks like a positioning error. Once i processed L1 dataset with RTK errors and were looking the same. Check the quality report of the mission, but pretty sure RTK Fault.

I agree with this.  It doesn't matter if you saw "fix" while flying.  Check your quality report and post it here.   You'll likely need to PPK the dataset, as Panph suggested.
2-21 08:17
Use props
sfgt
lvl.2
Greece

Indeed, was positioning error.
With PPK the las reconstruction completed.
Thanks for your advices.

I am wontering which is the purpose of existence  of the automatically generation of Quality Report in DJI Pilot 2 app . In this case it was at least misleading
2-21 11:18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules