How to enter remote ID after C1 certification of Mini 4 Pro ?
12Next >
1907 65 2-21 03:22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Swen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1353386 ft
Germany

After the Mini 4 Pro is successfully certified to C1 class, how to enter the for C1 required remote id?
With the Air 3 with C1, there is a field to enter the remote id in the  section Security of the fly app when the drone is connected to the rc2  controller. With the Mini 4 Pro connected, this field to enter the id is  missing in the Fly App.
How to solve this problem? New software update in the future?
2-21 03:22
Use props
harweyko
lvl.3
Flight distance : 587710 ft

United States

try to log out of remote controller and log in again, should help. There was also other thread with same issue and the filed emerged in 2-3 days after C1 certification: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D924%26typeid%3D924
2-21 03:58
Use props
Swen
lvl.2
Germany

harweyko Posted at 2-21 03:58
try to log out of remote controller and log in again, should help. There was also other thread with same issue and the filed emerged in 2-3 days after C1 certification: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=307512&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D924%26typeid%3D924

Thank you. It seems I have to wait some time. Funny thing is, that the DJI support has absolutely no clue about the whole proces. First they don't want to certify the M4P, due to only 2 stickers changed (there are only 2 in the pack they send you) and second, if you chat with DJI support, they don't know about the remote ID at all.
2-21 06:29
Use props
djiuser_mXBrn37Kk8jb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 441181 ft
Sweden

Swen Posted at 2-21 06:29
Thank you. It seems I have to wait some time. Funny thing is, that the DJI support has absolutely no clue about the whole proces. First they don't want to certify the M4P, due to only 2 stickers changed (there are only 2 in the pack they send you) and second, if you chat with DJI support, they don't know about the remote ID at all.

I can't even upload those pictures as the Cx registration is not an option in my RC2-controller...it is on my iPhone-app, but I can not connect that to the drone...I took a chance to see if I could use my Mavic 2 Air controller, but it is not compatible w Mini 4 Pro.
2-21 16:08
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Kindly please check the link below for the proper guidelines on how to get your C1 Label for your DJI Mini 4 Pro. If you have further inquiries, feel free to respond to this reply. Hope this helps.

https://support.dji.com/help/con ... p;re=DK&lang=en
2-22 01:09
Use props
Swen
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-22 01:09
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Kindly please check the link below for the proper guidelines on how to get your C1 Label for your DJI Mini 4 Pro. If you have further inquiries, feel free to respond to this reply. Hope this helps.

https://support.dji.com/help/content?customId=en-us03400009941&spaceId=34&re=DK&lang=en

I already have the lables and the certification is already approved by DJI . I just cant enter my registration ID in the fly app, because there is no line for that in the security tab of the fly app, like it is when you use the app with the air 3.
For C1 UAS, remote ID is a mandatory EASA requirement, but with my M4P and the RC2 there is no imput line to do it.
2-22 03:00
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Swen Posted at 2-22 03:00
I already have the lables and the certification is already approved by DJI . I just cant enter my registration ID in the fly app, because there is no line for that in the security tab of the fly app, like it is when you use the app with the air 3.
For C1 UAS, remote ID is a mandatory EASA requirement, but with my M4P and the RC2 there is no imput line to do it.

Thank you for your response. Please make sure to update the DJI Fly app to the latest version. If you are using the DJI RC 2, please connect the DJI RC 2 to the DJI Assistant 2 software and please update/refresh the firmware then check. If the issue persists, please provide us a screen recording showing the issue so we can investigate this further. We appreciate your cooperation.
2-23 02:57
Use props
Swen
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-23 02:57
Thank you for your response. Please make sure to update the DJI Fly app to the latest version. If you are using the DJI RC 2, please connect the DJI RC 2 to the DJI Assistant 2 software and please update/refresh the firmware then check. If the issue persists, please provide us a screen recording showing the issue so we can investigate this further. We appreciate your cooperation.

Refreshed RC2 Software with DJI Assistant and M4P software too. Still no line to enter remote id in the RC2 fly app. Screenshots attached.

2-23 04:41
Use props
Naturekid72
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69357 ft
Germany

Here to, C1 is accepted and I can not enter my remote ID anywere. Reinstalled the app, but nothing.
3-1 02:19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Swen Posted at 2-23 04:41
Refreshed RC2 Software with DJI Assistant and M4P software too. Still no line to enter remote id in the RC2 fly app. Screenshots attached.
[view_image]
[view_image]

Hi there. Please check our reply from this thread.
3-5 04:10
Use props
Naturekid72
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69357 ft
Germany

I found the solution! The remote and the drone have to be on and connected, then you can enter the ID :-)
3-7 00:05
Use props
Swen
lvl.2
Germany

Naturekid72 Posted at 3-7 00:05
I found the solution! The remote and the drone have to be on and connected, then you can enter the ID :-)

Thats defnitely NOT the solution. I have connected my M4P Drone nearly every day, since DJI confirmed the certification to C1, Even did a few flights. There can't be a better conection between drone and controller, except gluing them together with duct tape. Also the Rc2 is always connectet to the internet on flights over my cellphone hotspot funkction.
Since there is no new firmware for the C1 version of the M4P, DJI must somehow transmit the certification of a sucsessful C1 change to the drone over an OTA-Update to the rc2. Otherwise, how should the drone get the status change of certification? DJI dosen't give any information, how they do it. Great mystery.
3-7 02:46
Use props
harweyko
lvl.3
Flight distance : 587710 ft

United States

there is definitely some checking in the background with DJI servers so it can't be done without internet connection. If I remember correctly you've first decertified your drone from C0 in 2023 and now re-certified to C1 in 2024, so question is, if there is no mix of information for the serial id of the drone on DJI servers, possibly the drone gets incorrect data about current C1 certification status..

I've received my C1 labels two days ago, yesterday the request was approved and drone was re-certified to C1 category.
Within few hours I turned on the controller and the drone, connected to wifi, clicked the option to Unlock higher altitude in Safety menu and within few seconds (here it was for sure checking with DJI server) I was able to select height up to 500m above takeoff position (no other popup windows appeared, just the number changed from 120m to 500m), however option to input RID was missing.
I turned off drone and RC2, waited a minute, started both again and within few seconds option to input RID was there and my RID was accepted without issues, I assume also here was some exchange of information between controller/drone and DJI servers. No other updates were downloaded, both drone and controller are on the same version of software as it was certified as C0.
3-7 04:23
Use props
Swen
lvl.2
Germany

harweyko Posted at 3-7 04:23
there is definitely some checking in the background with DJI servers so it can't be done without internet connection. If I remember correctly you've first decertified your drone from C0 in 2023 and now re-certified to C1 in 2024, so question is, if there is no mix of information for the serial id of the drone on DJI servers, possibly the drone gets incorrect data about current C1 certification status..

I've received my C1 labels two days ago, yesterday the request was approved and drone was re-certified to C1 category.

That sounds logical and I have had the same idea. None the less, in my case it's not happening. My certification to C1 was 16 days ago and I assume it's a fault on DJI registration servers, that I can't change.
It's a problem only DJI can solve. So fare, I've done everything they told me, even thre refresh of firmware on Rc2 and M4P with the desktop software and USB-C cable, but without any luck. Also reset of settings on the Rc2 and drone doesn't work.  
3-7 05:20
Use props
Piotr Pe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 338428 ft
Poland

Swen Posted at 3-7 02:46
Thats defnitely NOT the solution. I have connected my M4P Drone nearly every day, since DJI confirmed the certification to C1, Even did a few flights. There can't be a better conection between drone and controller, except gluing them together with duct tape. Also the Rc2 is always connectet to the internet on flights over my cellphone hotspot funkction.
Since there is no new firmware for the C1 version of the M4P, DJI must somehow transmit the certification of a sucsessful C1 change to the drone over an OTA-Update to the rc2. Otherwise, how should the drone get the status change of certification? DJI dosen't give any information, how they do it. Great mystery.

In my opinion, you need to connect the m3p battery or the plus battery, then it will determine that it is a heavier drone
3-8 06:23
Use props
Swen
lvl.2
Germany

Piotr Pe Posted at 3-8 06:23
In my opinion, you need to connect the m3p battery or the plus battery, then it will determine that it is a heavier drone

I did that and it doesn't change a thing. The drone recognises the plus battery, gives the warning that it's not C0 any more and thats it. No posebility to enter remote id under security.
If the drone would have changed to C1 that warnig would be obsolete, since C1 can be up to 900g.
3-8 06:31
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Swen Posted at 3-8 06:31
I did that and it doesn't change a thing. The drone recognises the plus battery, gives the warning that it's not C0 any more and thats it. No posebility to enter remote id under security.
If the drone would have changed to C1 that warnig would be obsolete, since C1 can be up to 900g.

It’s logical to contact technical support directly
3-8 07:21
Use props
Swen
lvl.2
Germany

Serg SSA Posted at 3-8 07:21
It’s logical to contact technical support directly

Already done that. They had absolutly no clue about remote ID requirement on drones with C1 certification or if it is at all possible or nessesary to do that wit the M4P. Got the info to ask the German FDA (LBA) if it is required at all. Total uninformed people at the hotline.
I have now done the whole C1 certification a 2. time, got a 2. certificate with another application number. If the line to enter the remote ID doesn't show up in the next 7 days, I send the drone in as waranty case.
Actual without remote ID but with C1 stickers, I can't fly it leagally any more. Right now, I'm totally disapointed by that depolrable service from DJI.
3-8 08:07
Use props
adda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29298 ft
Germany

Swen Posted at 3-8 08:07
Already done that. They had absolutly no clue about remote ID requirement on drones with C1 certification or if it is at all possible or nessesary to do that wit the M4P. Got the info to ask the German FDA (LBA) if it is required at all. Total uninformed people at the hotline.
I have now done the whole C1 certification a 2. time, got a 2. certificate with another application number. If the line to enter the remote ID doesn't show up in the next 7 days, I send the drone in as waranty case.
Actual without remote ID but with C1 stickers, I can't fly it leagally any more. Right now, I'm totally disapointed by that depolrable service from DJI.

Same to me
Look at here https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=307512&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D924%26typeid%3D924

3-9 09:53
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

adda Posted at 3-9 09:53
Same to me
Look at here https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=307512&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D924%26typeid%3D924

Hello, adda. Have you done applying for the C1 certification of Mini 4 Pro? If yes, may we ask what remote controller you have?
3-25 23:34
Use props
adda
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-25 23:34
Hello, adda. Have you done applying for the C1 certification of Mini 4 Pro? If yes, may we ask what remote controller you have?

I got my C1 certification from DJI 3 weeks ago and I use a RC 2 remote controller with screen. Since, like everyone else who decertified my DJI Mini 4 Pro last year, I can't find a line in the security menu to enter my eID, I'm still waiting patiently until April for a firmware update.
3-26 07:22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

adda Posted at 3-26 07:22
I got my C1 certification from DJI 3 weeks ago and I use a RC 2 remote controller with screen. Since, like everyone else who decertified my DJI Mini 4 Pro last year, I can't find a line in the security menu to enter my eID, I'm still waiting patiently until April for a firmware update.

Thank you for your reply, adda. Please check my DM/PM.
3-28 02:40
Use props
Rkorell
lvl.2
Germany

Is there something new on this ?
I‘m unable as all of other de-certificate candidates to enter my e-ID although successfully gone through DJI process and getting approval as well as stickers and new certificate…
Any hint highly appreciated.

Regards,
Ralf
3-29 04:10
Use props
Swen
lvl.2
Germany

Update News.
On the 25.03 I got a PM regarding the remote ID problem, that seems to affect all pilots who have declassified there M4P from C0 to legasy drone status and can't enter remote ID after confirmed upgrade to C1.

" I forwarded your details to our relevant team. A new firmware of the remote controller will be sent to you within 1 to 3 working days please install it while maintaining an internet connection. Once connected to the aircraft, the issue should be resolve by verifying the C1 status in Safety > Max Altitude > Request Higher Altitude Limit."

Today (29.03.20024) I turned on my M4P, commected the RC2 via hotspot to the internet and when checking for updates, I got a new firmware for the RC-2 of 480 MB.
Downloaded and installed. Switched drone and RC-2 off and on, got message that flysafe data has to be updated too.
Waiting for drone to get GPS fix. Under Info checkt for update of new flysafe data. Download and installed.
Switch off - on Drone and RC-2 again and BINGO, under Security, the line to enter remote ID is there.
Firmware of drone is still 01.00.0300
Firmware of RC-2 is now 02.00.0510
FlySafe Data 01.00.01.33

The weight warning if the plus battery is used still remains, but I don't care. Maybe they will fix that in a later update.
I hope that all pilot with this update get the new firmware.
Blue sky's and good flights to all.
Happy easter weekend.
3-29 05:16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Swen Posted at 3-29 05:16
Update News.
On the 25.03 I got a PM regarding the remote ID problem, that seems to affect all pilots who have declassified there M4P from C0 to legasy drone status and can't enter remote ID after confirmed upgrade to C1.

Hi, Swen. Thank you for the update. We're glad that the line to enter Remote ID is now present in the app. Should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us again. Happy weekend!
3-29 07:02
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Rkorell Posted at 3-29 04:10
Is there something new on this ?
I‘m unable as all of other de-certificate candidates to enter my e-ID although successfully gone through DJI process and getting approval as well as stickers and new certificate…
Any hint highly appreciated.

Hi, Ralf. Please check my PM/DM. Thank you.
3-29 07:06
Use props
Rkorell
lvl.2
Germany

For all of those who are curious like me: DJI Gamora asked per PM/DM for my registration eMail account and the serial number of the drone - to hand this over to the „relevant team“.

Thanks to DJI Gamora if this helps.

Warm regards,
Ralf
3-29 09:54
Use props
Rkorell
lvl.2
Germany

With regards to Swen‘s message I just checked my remote. I am on FW 02.00.0500.
I cannot push the remote to check the remote firmware - I only can check the drone‘s fw.
Any advise how to get new remote fw?
I‘m located in Germany - like Swen.

Thanks & regards,
Ralf

3-29 10:07
Use props
Rkorell
lvl.2
Germany

It just came in my mind to use DJI Assistant...
This nice tool states the same: My Remote do have the current firmware.
It seems there are some specific fw versions for specific user.

Any idea?
Warm regards,
Ralf
3-29 10:18
Use props
Rapha92
lvl.2
Flight distance : 356936 ft
Germany

I am also relieved.

After I communicated with @DJI Gamora via PM yesterday, he asked me for my drone serial number and then told me that I can expect the update in 1-3 working days.

I was expecting Tuesday/Wednesday next week at the earliest, as today and Monday are public holidays here in Germany.
But then I thought to myself earlier. "Just have a look, maybe it's already available."
And lo and behold: "Firmware update available". So it took less than a day from then on. That's how I like it. DJI has super-fast and good support. I've experienced it several times.

That's why I would like to thank @DJI Gamora once again.  

As I live in Germany, Friday is a public holiday today. Just like Monday.

At first, I was afraid that I would have to wait until late. Wednesday for the update. But the surprise came earlier.
I simply checked for an update with my RC2 and the M4P, and lo and behold. "Firmware update available".

After the RC2 & FlySafe update, I restarted the RC2 and M4P once again, as is also the case with Windows updates.
After the restart then:
Max. Alt. back to 500 m and confirmed the warning.
And boom, finally in the "Security" tab, the field to enter the remote ID! :-)
So I went directly to the website of the Federal Aviation Office / Aviation Safety Authority (LBA) here in Germany and copied the UAV Pilot e-ID into the RC2 and that's it.

As I had wanted to try out whether this really works with freeware apps for a while, I also tried Dronescanner on my Android smartphone.
And yes, the drone was found and displayed by the app. Including all important telemetry and operator data. (Authorities can and may of course view more data, such as the complete e-ID, to be able to assign the operator / pilot.

In any case, I am very satisfied with DJI. Everything went quickly at once. Two weeks ago, I was told that the update would not be available until mid-April. (Not exactly verified, as a user in a drone forum claimed this)  
3-29 11:31
Use props
Rapha92
lvl.2
Germany

Rkorell Posted at 3-29 10:18
It just came in my mind to use DJI Assistant...
This nice tool states the same: My Remote do have the current firmware.
It seems there are some specific fw versions for specific user.

Have you try to turn the RC2 and Drone off and then on again after the steps?

Otherwise, there is no new firmware for the drone, only for the RC2.

Have you also updated the FlySafe firmware?  

When everything is done, start the RC2 and turn the drone off and on again. Wait until the drone has a GPS signal and the RC2 has internet.

See if it works then. I hope ...
3-29 11:43
Use props
Rapha92
lvl.2
Germany

I also have a question regarding the EU regulation for drones. C1 drones must, as far as I know, have a permanently green flashing light or LED that also flashes when a video recording is started. Unfortunately, the green LEDs stop flashing as soon as a video recording is started. This is bad for night flights and is prohibited here in Germany / EU.

Is the problem known and being troubleshot?
3-30 00:07
Use props
Rkorell
lvl.2
Germany

Rapha92 Posted at 3-29 11:43
Have you try to turn the RC2 and Drone off and then on again after the steps?

Otherwise, there is no new firmware for the drone, only for the RC2.

Dear Rapha92,
Yes indeed I have restarted the remote.
But there is no fw-update available for me and my RC.
It seems that these updates are offered on a personal base.
So I will double check in a rational timeframe - respecting public holidays and weekend.
Thanks for your tip.
Warm regards,
Ralf
3-30 00:24
Use props
Rkorell
lvl.2
Germany

At least today no update available for me.

Regards,
Ralf
3-30 06:50
Use props
Rkorell
lvl.2
Germany

And after a very long easter-weekend - stil no update of fw for my remote…
@ DJI Gamora - any hint/advise?
How do I force a fw-update?

Warm regards,
Ralf
4-2 09:43
Use props
adda
lvl.4
Germany

Rkorell Posted at 4-2 09:43
And after a very long easter-weekend - stil no update of fw for my remote…
@ DJI Gamora - any hint/advise?
How do I force a fw-update?

@ DJI Gamora

I have the same problem. Can you please ask your team again and provide the new RC2 firmware 02.00.0510, which allows me to enter my eID? Many thanks and best regards Andreas
4-3 00:36
Use props
Rkorell
lvl.2
Germany

Any news here from the team, DJI Gamora?
Still NO update available.
regards,
Ralf
4-4 11:17
Use props
adda
lvl.4
Germany

Rkorell Posted at 4-4 11:17
Any news here from the team, DJI Gamora?
Still NO update available.
regards,

Yes, this behavior from DJI is completely unacceptable. I and others were promised that the problem-solving RC2 firmware 02.00.0510 would be made available within 3 working days, but that has already passed a long time ago. In addition to the problem that we have not been allowed to fly in category C1 for several weeks despite being certified, we and DJI are threatened with having our license revoked by the Federal Aviation Office or EASA due to non-compliance with the rules. I can only hope that DJI will finally solve this problem next week at the latest :=((
4-6 03:35
Use props
Piotr Pe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 338428 ft
Poland

I have the same Remote ID problem. I have RC N2 with firmware 01.01.0200, firmware dron 01.00.0300, application version 1.12.8 ios. Will the DJI team allow me to enter my eID for RID identification? Many thanks and best regards, Piotr!
4-7 09:01
Use props
Skyline3000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1183901 ft
Germany

Still no C1 update for me. Are they on vacation?
4-10 06:03
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules