Remote ID not broadcasting
605 3 2-21 09:55
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
loki1982
lvl.1

United States

Back around September of 2023 my Air2s didnt have the remote id s/n showing.  I updated firmware and such and got frustrated over the the whole process.  I havent fired up my drone since.  Today I decided I wanted to get compliant so I got my drone on and, I guess the last time I was working on it, it sort of fixed itself.  Im now showing a Remote ID s/n.  So I did a firmware check and it found some updates.  I let it update, then powered everything down.  Now when I turn it on, my controller says "Remote ID error" in red for about 2 seconds then dissappears.  If I go to my flight checklist it says Remote Id Function normal (code: 1B080003).  I used droner scanner and it doesnt detect it.  Ive rebooted both the drone and the controller several times and it says Remite ID error every single time and isnt detected.  What can i try?
2-21 09:55
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. If you are using a remote controller with mobile device, please make sure that to download the latest DJI Fly app on our website and ensure that the "location service of the mobile phone" and the "locaation permission of the DJI Fly" are enabled then check if the issue persists.

To enable permission to an Android device please go to system settings>privacy>location service>access my location---- to enable the mobile phone location service. Go to system settings> apps> DJI Fly> permissions>location>allow only while using the app/allow all the time--- to enable the Location permission of DJI Fly App

2-22 00:01
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Perfectly normal. RID does not transmit until motors start. It takes a while for the scanners to receive the signal from the drone. And if you have an IPhone, it won't work at all. Air Sentinel is the best scanner app I have tried.
2-22 06:17
Use props
loki1982
lvl.1

United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 2-22 06:17
Perfectly normal. RID does not transmit until motors start. It takes a while for the scanners to receive the signal from the drone. And if you have an IPhone, it won't work at all. Air Sentinel is the best scanner app I have tried.

I went ahead and ordered an RID device.  I worked with support for 30 minutes yesterday.  I started the motors and they instructed that I should be able to see a wlan of RID-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.  After about 20 more minutes of testing it showed up for a few seconds then dissappears.  If I look at the wlan on the controller it would see RID-XX for a few seconds then completely dissappear for a few minutes and come back.  My cell phone, an android would also occasionally see the RID-XX but never for more than a few seconds then completely dissappear.  Using drone scanner and another scanner, i forget which, neither would ever detect my drones RID.  So I feel like its broken.  
2-22 06:41
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules