Mavic 2 Pro vision sensor recalibration keeps failing
276 7 2-21 16:09
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MJ_Mavic2
lvl.1

United States

I got 'unknown error' when trying to take off my Mavic 2 Pro and it prompt me to recalibrate my vision sensors. However calibration kept failing at the calculation stage. It says contact DJI support and use data upload feature to send data. I couldn't fine that feature in Assistant 2. What should I do now? Please help.
2-21 16:09
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, MJ_Mavic2. Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the trouble with the calibration. Please try the steps below first:

Please make sure to download the correct DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic 2 Pro which is the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) (https://www.dji.com/global/downloads/products/mavic-2) and follow the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Please check the Sensor Calibration Instructions in DJI Assistant 2. During calibration, keep the aircraft arms unfolded. Notes: Folded aircraft arms may obstruct the vision sensor, which may result in a calibration error.
2. Ensure that the monitor uses a straight-face screen. Curved screens are not supported. If the screen used is not a straight face screen, please change or borrow a straight face screen for operation.
3. Confirm the dimensions of the monitor being used. We recommend using a monitor larger than 14 inches. If the screen is less than 14 inches, the calibration may fail.
4. Please use a soft fabric (such as a cloth for glasses) to wipe the vision sensor lens of the aircraft. Wipe it several times until the lens is clean.
5. Please set the resolution displayed on the computer to the default value recommended by the system.
6. After following the steps above, please reconnect the aircraft and the DJI Assistant 2 for reconnection and calibration.
You may also watch this video as a reference:

We hope this helps. Please keep us posted.
2-21 23:01
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you please confirm if the unit experienced a hard landing before? Also, please send us the screenshot showing the error message on the DJI Go 4 app and the error message when you attempt to calibrate the sensor on the DJI Assistant 2 software so we can check it further. Please keep us posted.
2-21 23:03
Use props
MJ_Mavic2
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-21 23:01
Hi, MJ_Mavic2. Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the trouble with the calibration. Please try the steps below first:

Please make sure to download the correct DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic 2 Pro which is the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) (https://www.dji.com/global/downloads/products/mavic-2) and follow the troubleshooting steps below:

Thanks for the instruction. I did have a curved screen when the calibration failed. After I changed to a flat screen the calibration worked through!

However it still wouldn't take off, citing "Unknown error (code 180). Cannot takeoff. Contact DJI support" and "Takeoff Failed" Attached is the screen I have.
2-23 15:10
Use props
MJ_Mavic2
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-21 23:03
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you please confirm if the unit experienced a hard landing before? Also, please send us the screenshot showing the error message on the DJI Go 4 app and the error message when you attempt to calibrate the sensor on the DJI Assistant 2 software so we can check it further. Please keep us posted.

No the it has never had a hard landing so far. I attached a screen in the other message. Thank you in advance!
2-23 15:17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

MJ_Mavic2 Posted at 2-23 15:17
No the it has never had a hard landing so far. I attached a screen in the other message. Thank you in advance!

Thank you for your response. Kindly please connect your aircraft to the DJI Assistant 2 software and please update the firmware to the latest version to isolate the issue. If the issue persists, please provide us with the firmware version you are using so we can check it further. Please keep us posted.
2-24 00:37
Use props
MJ_Mavic2
lvl.1

United States

Following your suggestion I connected the drone to PC and checked firmware. It shows v1.00.0797 and is current. It gives me 2 choices: downgrade to 0790 or refresh 0797. I chose refreshing 0797. It works after that. Yes it can take off and fly again now!

Not sure what was messed up previously but it works now anayway.

I appreciate your patience and guidance so much!
2-25 12:05
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

MJ_Mavic2 Posted at 2-25 12:05
Following your suggestion I connected the drone to PC and checked firmware. It shows v1.00.0797 and is current. It gives me 2 choices: downgrade to 0790 or refresh 0797. I chose refreshing 0797. It works after that. Yes it can take off and fly again now!

Not sure what was messed up previously but it works now anayway.

Thank you for the update, MJ_Mavic2. We're glad that it is working fine now. Should you need further assistance, please feel free to reach us again here at DJI Forum.
2-26 03:30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules