Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Not using Bound device and Interference in MC Location
951 7 2-21 17:39
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Good day, I'd like to put forth a couple suggestions for DJI regarding the "Not using Bound device" and "Interference in MC Location" popups I'm seeing in my Integra goggles.
The display toggles back and forth between these two warning popups for the duration of each flight.

1 - The Not Using Bound Device popup only needs to display until the point of take off. Once in flight, nothing is going to change this status, and distracting pilots with an unessesary popup is non optimal for all concerned.
2 - The Interference in MC Location popup, occurs everywhere I fly with equal persistence. This popup warning seemingly has no effect on flight whatsoever, so perhaps the sensitivity setting of whatever triggers this warning to display could be changed so it only occurs when needed.

So far I have refreshed the firmware on the Motion 2, and recalibrated it as far away from civilization and metal objects I could get, with no change occuring. It's occured to me the only other electromagnetic interference may be from the goggles themselves, so next time I'm out I'm going to put the drone up in the air, hit the little red button and then put the motion 2 down and start walking away to see if this disappears.. hopefully I won't walk into a tree, lol.
I'm aware of how to bind and re bind, and bind and bind and bind the controllers with the Mini 4 Pro to get rid of the popup, but as I'm not always within reach of a cell signal while flying, and generally fly both the RC2 and Motion 2 each time I'm out, I've decided to leave the drone bound to the RC2 and just move on with life and live with the Not Using Bound Device warning while using the goggles.
But wouldn't it be nice if I was just reminded that was the case while I was waiting for a satelite lock and updated home point. And then once I take off, I could go flying the same as I am anyway without having to watch the popup blinking away in the corner of the right screen for the whole flight?

I'd love to hear any experience or tips from people on how to calibrate the Motion 2, or and other helpful suggestions

My second flight with the Integra goggles, Motion 2 and Mini 4 Pro:

And a more recent one, sorry they are unedited..

2-21 17:39
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, Manitobahunter. Thank you for reaching out. We will gather this feedback of yours about the notification message and forward it to our relevant team for attention. Regarding the Interference in MC Location, it seems that you have already tried all the possible troubleshooting steps but did not fix the issue, please let me coordinate this to the respective team for further clarification. We will keep you posted.
2-21 22:14
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Thanks DJI Paladin, I'll also try recalibrating in different times and locations, and perhaps will get some ideas from other members here.
2-22 06:30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Manitobahunter Posted at 2-22 06:30
Thanks DJI Paladin, I'll also try recalibrating in different times and locations, and perhaps will get some ideas from other members here.

Thank you for your response. There may be interference in the environment, or the remote control sensor may be abnormal, causing the prompt "Interference in MC Location". It is recommended to bind the DJI Goggles to the aircraft before using, calibrate the DJI RC Motion 2, and change the flight environment to test it again. If the issue persists, please provide us with the device serial number, and the log data of the DJI RC Motion 2 must be provided for further analysis. We appreciate your cooperation.
2-23 03:24
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Thanks DJI Paladin, are you saying the Mini 4 being not being bound to the goggles could affect calibration of the Motion 2, in a way that it would cause the Interference in MC location to be displayed? If thats the case, I'm willing to go through the process and try it.
If binding the Mini 4 to the goggles is just the standard DJI statement, lol...I've explained in my initial post why that doesn't work for myself and many pilots.  DJI's customers don't all live in heavily populated area's where cell service is constant. Easily half of the time when I go flying, cell service is either non existent or so bad that I I'd be lucky to get a short text message sent, and impossible to make a voice call or do some kind of data sensitive process like switching binding. While that may be astounding to some, its normal here in Canada. It's simply too cost prohibitive to cellular providers to put up cell towers in area's with no population.
Just to convey some perspective, one of my favorite flying spots is a 60 km drive, so $20 in gas just to drive there and back. I go there, because of the beautiful scenery I like to video, there is no cell service, and I want to be able to use both my RC2, and Integra goggles, to video. I have 4 batteries, an Anker power bank to recharge, and will make many flights. It's not unusual for me to come back with 80 gigs of video's.
There is no way to switch the binding on location, so I have to choose which controller I want to bind to. My choice is the RC2, as it's easier after 4 flights with the goggles, just to restart the drone with the RC2 and re start the 5 flight limit with the goggles.
If I can't solve the issue myself, I'm happy to provide the serial number of the controller to you. However I'm thinking it might be easy to email 1.5 gig log data files in the Marvel universe but its much more difficult in this one. I've attempted getting these files off the drone with the assist 2 and it's impossible to know which file is the one I want out of the 10 files being displayed. It took a ridiculously long amount of time to get one file downloaded, the drone was overheating, and frankly I'm not willing to overheat and damage my drone, just to take the files off with no way of viewing or doing anything with them anyway. One of the improvements DJI could impliment to make this process easier is allow the files to be deleted off the drone with the DJI assist 2. In this way I could go out and create a short log file that may be possible to send. I'm sure there are many popup warnings, lol added to warn the customer that if they delete the files, their DJI care may be voided if there is no supporting information.
DJI needs to be made aware if they wish to continue in the market, it is not ok to produce products and issue firmware updates that have ongoing problems that are not quickly resoved. It is my wish that DJI continue to be around for many years, and my interest in spending hours of my time posting on here is to improve the situation for both customers and DJI

2-23 07:36
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

So on my lunch break from work on this nice sunny 12 C day, I decided to go for a short flight from the back yard. So I set up, power up the mini 4, Integra goggles and MC2, and immediately see the Interference in RC location popup doing its little dance with the Not using bound device popup. I just about put it all back in the box, and went back to work.... And I thought what the heck, may as well try calibrating the MC2 one more time.
So the back yard is full metal clothsline poles, and roof structures and pipes and cables underground, houses and metal chain link fence all around, about the last place I'd want to calibrate anything. But I was a frustrated, lol.
So I proceed to go through the process of calibrating the MC2, and get to the point where I'm doing the IMU and realize theres no suitable flat surface, so I'm like whatever, and do it on the concrete patio blocks under the metal roof.
Took a couple tries, and so long the drone went into sleep mode and I had to power everything off and then back on to get it to start the props spinning. So off I go and after a few miinutes I realize the Interference in MC Location popup has only appeared a couple times. In fact it was only when I did a quick turn or came in to land with the drone close to the controller, that I saw the popup. Even the Not using bound device popup was less annoying when it just stayed on and wasn't flashing back and forth with the other popup distracting me from flying. Seemed like an improvement had occured!
So I went for another flight after work in the dark and sure enough hardly saw the Interference in RC Location popup. Unfortunately it was replaced by another annoying popup, Ambient light too weak, lol.  I tried landing, and turning off the collision avoidance in settings, took off again and it had no effect, it was still displaying the popup. Is it possible I have to switch off the collision avoidance, land and power down the drone, goggles and controller and then power them back on with the avoidance turned off to get this popup to go away?
Is there anyone who knows how to disable these popups?
2-23 22:05
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Manitobahunter Posted at 2-23 07:36
Thanks DJI Paladin, are you saying the Mini 4 being not being bound to the goggles could affect calibration of the Motion 2, in a way that it would cause the Interference in MC location to be displayed? If thats the case, I'm willing to go through the process and try it.
If binding the Mini 4 to the goggles is just the standard DJI statement, lol...I've explained in my initial post why that doesn't work for myself and many pilots.  DJI's customers don't all live in heavily populated area's where cell service is constant. Easily half of the time when I go flying, cell service is either non existent or so bad that I I'd be lucky to get a short text message sent, and impossible to make a voice call or do some kind of data sensitive process like switching binding. While that may be astounding to some, its normal here in Canada. It's simply too cost prohibitive to cellular providers to put up cell towers in area's with no population.
Just to convey some perspective, one of my favorite flying spots is a 60 km drive, so $20 in gas just to drive there and back. I go there, because of the beautiful scenery I like to video, there is no cell service, and I want to be able to use both my RC2, and Integra goggles, to video. I have 4 batteries, an Anker power bank to recharge, and will make many flights. It's not unusual for me to come back with 80 gigs of video's.

Hello there. Sorry for the late response. We will surely take note of these suggestions of yours and forward it to the respective team for attention. For us to further analyze the issue, please provide us with the serial number and log data of the DJI RC Motion 2. You may upload the files via Google Drive. Please keep us posted.
3-8 20:31
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Thanks for the reply, I've already fixed the MC2 and have gotten rid of the interference in MC location popup. The Not Using Bound Device popup warning is not a malfunction, its poorly thought out software.
Both myself and everyone across the planet using DJI goggles appreciate your putting forward to DJI the fact that no one wants to see a never ending popup displaying Not Using Bound Device while flying. An initial popup displaying Not Using Bound Device, that disappeared once the drone left the ground is more than sufficient to further enlighten us about what we are already well aware of. And honestly there is nothing to be gained as everyone will literally refuse to look at it as it is annoying, and reduces the experience of flying a DJI drone.
A very wise man once stated:
As humans, we are motivated by one thing only.
We will always choose the choice that we perceive to be the closest to pleasure, and the furthest from pain.
DJI would be wise in business, to choose that which is not causing pain to their customers, and to choose an excellent flying experience over an experience plagued by annoyance
If DJI takes their customers for granted, and lets customer service and quality control and product support slide, the result will be a competitor rising up in the ranks to fill the resulting void and gobble up DJI's customers who will be looking for a company who does not take them for granted.
I'd prefer DJI re think their current trajectory and aim for a more solid approach, as I currently owning my sixth DJI drone, I would like to keep purchasing their products

3-8 23:48
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules