Lightbridge 2 - Three questions
3296 34 2015-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sandeep
lvl.2

Australia

Two questions for the new Lightbridge 2.

a. Can a  FPV camera , like sony CCD used over 5.8ghz frequency can be connected on the air unit and displayed in picture-in-picture view? Or the FPV camera needs to be a HD camera like gopro.

b. Will there be any additional controls available for Zenmuse Z15-GH4 gimbal when integrated with LB2 air unit?

c. Can the GH4 use external 10bit recorder like Atomos ninja assassin, Black magic video assist and use their hdmi loop to send the video over to LB2 air unit?

2015-9-11
Use props
nsvr66
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 84347 ft
Japan

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-9-11
Use props
RDTeam54
R&D Team

Hong Kong

a. Both sony CCD and gopro can be used as FPV camera

b. Currently the picth and yaw of gimbal and shutter  of camera can be controlled. What else do you need ?

c. of cause you can use the lb2 to transmit the video, but that may not be what you want, the video will be compressed in LB2, and the quality is not as good as you record form the GH4's hdmi port directly.
2015-9-11
Use props
RDTeam54
R&D Team

Hong Kong

nsvr66@gmail.co Posted at 2015-9-11 20:48
Will the new LB 2 control the S1000 and Zenmuse Z15 with only 1 controller?   I am currently single  ...

yes, you can, but you can use the left wheel of TX to control the pitch of gimbal, and not able to control the yaw of gimbal.
2015-9-11
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

RD Team 54 - any chance that LB1 can be upgraded to run with the LB2's Go App? It may not have access to all the features but at least it will satisfy iOS customers on that legacy platform.
2015-9-11
Use props
nsvr66
Ban Posts
Japan

2015-9-11
Use props
nsvr66
Ban Posts
Japan

2015-9-11
Use props
trywork
New
  • >>>
United States

I use a Spektrum DX18 radio and Spektrum RX along with Spectrum X-8 Plus on a custom built octocopter with DJI Wookong M. I currently have it set up this way in order to fly and operate the camera at the same time without using a cameraman and second radio..

It looks like I can do the same with Lightbridge 2. Can the Lightbridge 2/RX and transmitter/radio operate the copter and operate the gimbal at the same time? Will I not need to use the Spektrum equipment that I currently have. I would like more details on how this works. I didn't see a manual for the lightbridge 2. I ordered the unit today and I would like to know the answer to these questions before the unit ships.

Thanks!

2015-9-11
Use props
sandeep
lvl.2

Australia

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2015-9-11
Use props
sandeep
lvl.2

Australia

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2015-9-11
Use props
jmgmatoco
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21768 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

Does anybody Know what the new video transmission latency is for LB2?

2015-9-11
Use props
sandeep
lvl.2

Australia

jmgmatoco@gmail Posted at 2015-9-12 10:03
Does anybody Know what the new video transmission latency is for LB2?

50 milli second
2015-9-12
Use props
sandeep
lvl.2

Australia

RDTeam54 Posted at 2015-9-11 21:16
a. Both sony CCD and gopro can be used as FPV camera

b. Currently the picth and yaw of gimbal and s ...

Can we pass the GH4 HDMI through the atomos recorder and transmit the signal from atomos using the LB2 air unit ?
2015-9-12
Use props
sandeep
lvl.2

Australia

In regards to the FPV, if used analogue ccd camera, does the signal comes to the ground end as digital (prone to latency) or analogue.
2015-9-12
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

You won't be using your futaba controller with lightbridge 2. You will be limit to the channels on the dji controller and what it can communicate with on the dji can bus..  No more sending 14 ch to the air unit and no more sbus decoders to access the extra channels for non dji equipment..  V2 was not thought out properly in my opinion. Even multiple video down links mean useless controllers laying around. Instead of ground units like lightbridge 1 .,  dji didn't even finish lightbridge 1 as far as I'm concerned. It has limited control, no plugs available for the ground unit  without cutting it off a dji charger, no panel antenna mounts for any of the flamewheels or the p1 and p2, and no accessory antennas were ever produced with higher gain like the info stated their would be..  I don't even know the difference between the panel and wire antennas. Are the panels directional? What are the gain of each type?  I been asking these questions for a year now without answers from anyone at dji
2015-9-12
Use props
sandeep
lvl.2

Australia

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-9-13 05:57
You won't be using your futaba controller with lightbridge 2. You will be limit to the channels on t ...

yes, thought so. plus having one remote for each viewer is madness. Will be buying the connex.
2015-9-13
Use props
RDTeam54
R&D Team

Hong Kong

sandeep Posted at 2015-9-12 19:29
Can we pass the GH4 HDMI through the atomos recorder and transmit the signal from atomos using the ...

yes, no problem
2015-9-14
Use props
RDTeam54
R&D Team

Hong Kong

Can we pass the GH4 HDMI through the atomos recorder and transmit the signal from atomos using the ...

yes,  no problem
2015-9-14
Use props
RDTeam54
R&D Team

Hong Kong

In regards to the FPV, if used analogue ccd camera, does the signal comes to the ground end as digit ...

it comes to the ground as digital.
2015-9-14
Use props
sandeep
lvl.2

Australia

RDTeam54 Posted at 2015-9-14 21:52
it comes to the ground as digital.

Thanks. So if there is a lag, both images are impacted. But with custom wiring, i should have the option to transmit the CCD camera both via 5.8ghz transmitter and LB2 air unit. At worst case scenario, check my FPV monitor instead of the iPAD.
2015-9-14
Use props
sandeep
lvl.2

Australia

Now, the biggest question remains, how good is the internal component that we should trust over a Futaba or Teranis TX
2015-9-14
Use props
sandeep
lvl.2

Australia

bump .. how good is the internal component that we should trust over a Futaba or Teranis TX
2015-9-18
Use props
DJI-Blade Strik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

sandeep Posted at 2015-9-12 04:29
In regards to the FPV, if used analogue ccd camera, does the signal comes to the ground end as digit ...

FPV or any other video downlink will be digital..
2015-9-18
Use props
DJI-Blade Strik
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

sandeep Posted at 2015-9-18 07:55
bump .. how good is the internal component that we should trust over a Futaba or Teranis TX

It uses an Inspire "Type" transmitter. They work very will and you will be able to use the GO app, this is a big plus over LB1.
2015-9-18
Use props
sandeep
lvl.2

Australia

DJI-Blade Strik Posted at 2015-9-18 23:16
It uses an Inspire "Type" transmitter. They work very will and you will be able to use the GO app, ...

Thanks mate.. i use I1 and very impressed with its range, latency (never felt), etc... waiting for dji to release the manual with  all the "how to" info.
2015-9-18
Use props
nsvr66
Ban Posts
Netherlands

2015-9-19
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Well I have had my first i1 since Late November of 2014, Still works flawless..
2015-9-21
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

There will be a LB1 like ground unit for the LB2 but not at the introduction.  If you do not need a second operator you can wait for the ground unit.
2015-10-4
Use props
BoostedPhantom
lvl.2

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-10-4 22:07
There will be a LB1 like ground unit for the LB2 but not at the introduction.  If you do not need a  ...

When will the iOS app be available for the LB1 unit?  The LB page on DJI's website has said that it is coming soon for a year and it is still being displayed.
2015-10-6
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

BoostedPhantom Posted at 2015-10-6 08:13
When will the iOS app be available for the LB1 unit?  The LB page on DJI's website has said that i ...

I understand the frustration on the LB1 iOS.  The LB2 for Go app has already been submitted to Apple for their approval  It should be soon.  I know that you have heard that before but I believe that this time it will happen.  You can search for the iOS app for LB1 on the net.  It is out there but not DJI supported.
2015-10-6
Use props
jon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4350 ft
United Kingdom

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-10-7 06:39
I understand the frustration on the LB1 iOS.  The LB2 for Go app has already been submitted to App ...

Tahoe_Ed, does the LB1 now work properly with the DJI Go app after its update??

If not is there any way we can trade in our old Lightbridge system we only bought? it seems there is no support for this and there never will be, the least us LB1 purchasers should get is a discount for the LB2 system if after one year of fake promises you STILL haven't delivered!! not good!!

Thanks
Jon
2015-10-7
Use props
jon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4350 ft
United Kingdom

jon@flycreative Posted at 2015-10-7 13:06
Tahoe_Ed, does the LB1 now work properly with the DJI Go app after its update??

If not is there a ...

I was happy with the lightbridge app through QR code for IOS but it is no longer working since IOS09 update!!!!
2015-10-7
Use props
sandeep
lvl.2

Australia

Did anyone tested the LB2 realtime and tell us about the latency they observed?
2015-11-2
Use props
DigitalHexa
lvl.1

Sweden

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-10-7 06:39
I understand the frustration on the LB1 iOS.  The LB2 for Go app has already been submitted to App ...

Hi Tahoe_Ed,
"The LB2 for Go app has already been submitted to Apple for their approval  It should be soon.  I know that you have heard that before but I believe that this time it will happen."

Can I ask if you are referring to the current version of IOS App that is currently available as of 8th Nov 2015? Or is there are new version in the pipeline. The current version does not work (Gimbal feed does not work, and the slider control for setting bandwidth between LB and Ext does not exist)

I would be happen to be a beta tester for the IOS App if you are looking for help.  Im interested in getting LB2 up and running as soon as it can. Let me know.
Regards
DigitalHexa
2015-11-8
Use props
HighCamFly
lvl.1
Lebanon

Has anybody tried s1000 + roninM + LB2? I've read that ronin doesnt like to fly and have horizon issues; how is that true? Will I have control on ronin thru LB2?
2015-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules