Indoor flight with AF or MF
390 6 2-22 06:32
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
exter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4085 ft
Netherlands

When I use my drone indoors with AF, the camera sometimes searches for the correct focus. With MF at almost infinity this is not the case, but I wonder whether it remains the case in all circumstancies, for example in a church. I don't want to have to constantly adjust or see afterwards that not everything is sharp. What is your experience and tips.
2-22 06:32
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mini 3 Pro supports MF, AF (AF-S and AF-C) focus mode. Here are the explanations about them for your reference:

AF-S (Auto Focus Single) mode: It is not suitable when taking pictures of moving subjects. AF-S being the abbreviation for single autofocus. This is best used when photographing subjects that stay still or do not move in general. The focus stays locked while the shutter button is pressed halfway, and then press the shutter button to take the photograph. (It is recommended to use this mode for normal shooting, which is available for most shooting situations.)

AF-C (Auto Focus Continuous): It is commonly known as continuous autofocus. his mode is used for tracking moving subjects. It will automatically re-adjust focus if you or your subject move. All you need to do is continue half-pressing the shutter button. (If you take photos of dancing models, moving vehicles or anything that moves, then this mode is just for you.)

MF (Manual Focus): It is to let the photographer adjust the focus manually instead of the camera
2-22 23:02
Use props
exter
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-22 23:02
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mini 3 Pro supports MF, AF (AF-S and AF-C) focus mode. Here are the explanations about them for your reference:

AF-S (Auto Focus Single) mode: It is not suitable when taking pictures of moving subjects. AF-S being the abbreviation for single autofocus. This is best used when photographing subjects that stay still or do not move in general. The focus stays locked while the shutter button is pressed halfway, and then press the shutter button to take the photograph. (It is recommended to use this mode for normal shooting, which is available for most shooting situations.)

I do'nt see AF-S and AF-C in my DJI Mini 3 Pro only AF.
Furthermore, I see many AF problems mentioned in the forum.
Outdoor I have never had focus problems with AF, neither with photos nor with video.
Now only indoor sometimes with AF and video not with MF, hence my question.

2-23 03:32
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

exter Posted at 2-23 03:32
I do'nt see AF-S and AF-C in my DJI Mini 3 Pro only AF.
Outdoor I have never had focus problems with AF, neither with photos nor with video.

Hello. Compared with AF-S, AFC can actually focus and frame a larger area automatically so the background may also be focused, while AF-S allows you to focus after you tap and select the target, and thus delivers better focus accuracy. Regarding the issue, kindly upload the original video file showing the focus issue via Google Drive so we can check it further. You may attach the link here so we can check it. Please keep us posted.
2-23 23:55
Use props
exter
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-23 23:55
Hello. Compared with AF-S, AFC can actually focus and frame a larger area automatically so the background may also be focused, while AF-S allows you to focus after you tap and select the target, and thus delivers better focus accuracy. Regarding the issue, kindly upload the original video file showing the focus issue via Google Drive so we can check it further. You may attach the link here so we can check it. Please keep us posted.

Don't have any video available. My question is summarized as to which focus and exposure settings are recommended for indoor video.
2-24 07:34
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

exter Posted at 2-23 03:32
I do'nt see AF-S and AF-C in my DJI Mini 3 Pro only AF.

Whether you are indoors or out shouldn't make any difference to your drone's ability to focus.
And despite what you think you've read, DJI's autofocus system is very reliable and works well.
2-24 21:03
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

exter Posted at 2-24 07:34
Don't have any video available. My question is summarized as to which focus and exposure settings are recommended for indoor video.

Thank you for your response, exter. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day ahead.
2-29 03:22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules