EASA remote ID on the M2 EA
479 13 2-22 07:29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_BhGF9YpL4GKk
lvl.1

Switzerland

According to the release notes remote ID is available in the US for the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced. Is this available also in Europe? I have all the newest updates installed and can not find the option to configure the remote ID.
2-22 07:29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise does not support EU Remote ID and you cannot apply for the Cx certification on this aircraft. However, you can still fly it in the A3 environment. Hope this helps. Have a nice day ahead.
2-22 22:44
Use props
LukasM2EA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52037 ft
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-22 22:44
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise does not support EU Remote ID and you cannot apply for the Cx certification on this aircraft. However, you can still fly it in the A3 environment. Hope this helps. Have a nice day ahead.

The question was about the M2EA.
But can you tell me how to do building and solar inspections from 150m away?
2-23 02:44
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

LukasM2EA Posted at 2-23 02:44

"But can you tell me how to do building and solar inspections from 150m away?"

:

Mērlentes Stanley 2-34-777, 100 m - Ksenukai.lv

+

Mērlentes Stanley 2-34-775, 60 m - Ksenukai.lv
2-23 03:59
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

LukasM2EA Posted at 2-23 02:44

Thank you for the clarification. Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced also does not support Remote ID.

To understand the Open category, visit https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/do ... tegory-civil-drones
2-23 23:36
Use props
LukasM2EA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52037 ft
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-23 23:36
Thank you for the clarification. Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced also does not support Remote ID.

To understand the Open category, visit https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/domains/civil-drones-rpas/open-category-civil-drones

Thank you for the reply. The M2EA has been updated to FAA remote ID, how much would it take to software wise upgrade it to EASA RID? Just to get rid of the external RID module.

I know about the European open category, am A1/2/3 and specific certified. Just now the M2EA falls in the Legacy category will only be able to fly in A3 or specific. You cannot do a solar array inspection or a building inspection from 150 meters. Yes, we could in specific but that would increase the cost of the operation with permits etc.
2-24 03:08
Use props
djiuser_BhGF9YpL4GKk
lvl.1

Switzerland

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-23 23:36

To understand the Open category, visit https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/domains/civil-drones-rpas/open-category-civil-drones

Thank you for the reply.
I'm aware of the open category and legacy drones.
If I want to operate them in specific, EASA remoteID is required and no class marks are needed.
I see no technical reason not to add support to EASA remoteID
2-26 00:07
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

LukasM2EA Posted at 2-24 03:08
Thank you for the reply. The M2EA has been updated to FAA remote ID, how much would it take to software wise upgrade it to EASA RID? Just to get rid of the external RID module.

I know about the European open category, am A1/2/3 and specific certified. Just now the M2EA falls in the Legacy category will only be able to fly in A3 or specific. You cannot do a solar array inspection or a building inspection from 150 meters. Yes, we could in specific but that would increase the cost of the operation with permits etc.

Hello, Lukas. We appreciate your feedback. We will surely gather this request as a suggestion and will forward it to our relevant team for attention. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a good one.
2-29 03:07
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_BhGF9YpL4GKk Posted at 2-26 00:07
Thank you for the reply.
I'm aware of the open category and legacy drones.
If I want to operate them in specific, EASA remoteID is required and no class marks are needed.

You are most welcome. Rest assured that we will coordinate this request with our relevant team for future consideration. Please note that we are also abiding by the local rules and regulations in each country to implement the said rules. Thank you for your valued support.
2-29 03:11
Use props
Yao mini 2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1819491 ft
France

Hi,
I am facing the same concern in France.
A1/A2/A3 do not allow to fly in every condition.
STS and legacy standards scenarios do.
But STS and legacy require remote ID.
As a conclusion, remote ID is strongly needed for M2EA in EU.
Please make it possible as for US
3-16 11:00
Use props
Pieri70
lvl.1

Italy

Hello
Same situation here in Italy.
I work for an Environmental protection Agency, public agency, and many of us here in Italy can't fly both M2EA and P4 due to remote ID absence.
Given the compatibility with Remote ID of the M2EA (otherwise you could not enable it in USA) what do you wait to add this feature to this UAS?
I understand the policy to push sales for the new M3, but this is not a correct behaviour.
Thanks
Pietro
3-18 02:43
Use props
3DPitt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 497644 ft
Italy

Good morning,
I agree with the colleagues who posted before me. I work in Italy and since January 2024 the M2EA has been grounded all the time. It's unprofessional that DJI does not provide multi-year support for a product that is still very valid and in which people have invested a lot.
The best solution would have been to retro-certify the MTOM for the "old" models, but at least to alleviate the problem DJI could release a software update to allow the drone to remain operational by fixing the remote ID issue and therefore allow us to fly at least in the specific category.
Best regards.

Federico
3-18 03:21
Use props
djiuser_HpBTXOQq7vRH
New

Germany

We are a fawn rescue organisation and would like to fly in specific category. We have 6 M2EA and the external RID modules are not a good solution. You have to turn them on and off and on by hand and be careful to have enough battery.
Please bring the EASA RID function by firmware.

3-31 02:02
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_HpBTXOQq7vRH Posted at 3-31 02:02
We are a fawn rescue organisation and would like to fly in specific category. We have 6 M2EA and the external RID modules are not a good solution. You have to turn them on and off and on by hand and be careful to have enough battery.
Please bring the EASA RID function by firmware.

We understand the importance of this request. This will be submitted to the relevant team to provide them with feedback. We appreciate your patience and valued support.
3-31 02:37
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules