Stripped screws
238 8 2-22 10:57
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zachari mckay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 249101 ft
Australia

Hey guys I was replacing my props on the Dji mini 3 pro, little did I know to screw was stuck and I was stripping it!. Please help me someone I don't know how to get the screw out!!

(There is absolutely no traction on the screw)
2-22 10:57
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

try laying a thin elastic band
2-22 11:37
Use props
Zachari mckay
lvl.2
Australia

Hi
I did try that but the rubber band is to big to fit in the hole because it is such a small screw, and the screw driver puts holes in the rubber band cause it is so sharp

Would putting gorilla glue on the screw and inserting the screw driver and waiting for it to dry  work?
2-22 11:46
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Zachari mckay Posted at 2-22 11:46
Hi
I did try that but the rubber band is to big to fit in the hole because it is such a small screw, and the screw driver puts holes in the rubber band cause it is so sharp

Yes, you can drop a drop of quick glue and immediately glue the screwdriver, But it's dangerous, you can't glue the propeller to the propeller
2-22 11:48
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you rounded out the cross slot?
If so and all else fails, tape over ALL the openings into the motor, to keep bits out of the motor, and file or cut away the top of the propellers hub to expose the head of the screw then grip the head of the screw with pliers and undo it.
2-22 12:29
Use props
Zachari mckay
lvl.2
Australia

Thank you I will look into
Have you tried this before? (Did it work?)
2-22 12:53
Use props
Zachari mckay
lvl.2
Australia

Yes I have rounded out the cross slot there is absolutely no friction on the screw
2-22 12:54
Use props
Zachari mckay
lvl.2
Australia

Guys
I talked to someone from the Dji store they said I should send the drone to them and I am worried that will take a long time because I live so fare away

Should I just remove the screw myself?
2-22 19:40
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. To avoid any further damage to the unit. We highly recommend to send it in for us to check it further. You may contact again our team at https://www.dji.com/support to see the best option for you to send the unit. We appreciate your understanding.
2-22 22:33
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules